Sort by :
Filter by :
- Kindly put a "Like" button instead of a link. Its too small and almost invisible.CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by miketestKindly put a "Like" button instead of a link. Its too small and almost invisible.
Will be added shortly. ThanksCommentQuote0Flag
- My suggestion is that while you are testing the system & have both 'like' & 'thanks', why don't you tie them (like=thanks & thanks=like). Otherwise the voter is confused whether to like the post or say thanks.CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by unrealMy suggestion is that while you are testing the system & have both 'like' & 'thanks', why don't you tie them (like=thanks & thanks=like). Otherwise the voter is confused whether to like the post or say thanks.
Agree to the same. These need to be clubbed together or get rid of one of them. :) :)CommentQuote0Flag
- Could disable "Thanks" for now, and put "Like" button in its place..CommentQuote1Flag
- Originally Posted by PhasesCould disable "Thanks" for now, and put "Like" button in its place..
Yes this is a good ideaCommentQuote1Flag
- I think the idea is to slowly phase out thanks instead of abruptly disabling itCommentQuote1Flag
- Suggestion: Take out this 'heart' shape from the 'like' option. It's not a dating site :) Let it be a simple word with no pics.CommentQuote1Flag
- Yup instead of heart let's put a thumbs up icon.CommentQuote0Flag
- Good idea, I agree!CommentQuote2Flag
- Thanks button has been removed while we try out this Likes system. We will replace the heart Icon as well. :)CommentQuote1Flag
- Like button looks good now! Cheers.CommentQuote1Flag
- The developers of the product have confirmed the feature "ability to disable likes notifications" due in the next update.
- Another Suggestion: I guess it would be great to have two more features apart from the 'Like' feature, i.e. 'Dislike' and 'Recommended'. I am suggesting something in the lines of Times Of India's online comment section. They have 'Agree', 'Disagree', and 'Recommended' links with every comment.
There are so many posts in IREF which are not liked by many, so having a 'Dislike' link would have a mass appeal. Moreover its human nature to dislike something more easily than liking the same.
Similiarly the 'Recommend' link/button would help people recommending a particular post. Also, I would suggest to let go the 'Thanks' button. It is not really solving any purpose. The 'Recommend' button will solve the 'Thanks' button's purpose as well.
So here is the summary of my suggestions:
1. Provide a 'Dislike' button.
2. Provide a 'Recommended' button.
3. Take off the 'Thanks' button.
Lets make IREF a better place to intract!
- I'm afraid a dislike button would hurt too many feelings and start us down a path that may do more harm that good. It's an interesting thought though. I'm not sure anyone out there has ever thought to try to imploy a "dislike" feature, other than in comments on news sites. Where if they are disliked enough, they hide and you have to click to view them.
But in an environment like this, I don't think that would be used in a useful enough way to not be abused or to cause relevant posts to go hidden for new users. Making the reading and following of a thread/conversation painful to do.
Recommend.... Eh. Like "Share".. You could just link people.
Thanks button has been removed, yes?CommentQuote0Flag