I intend on running a conversion tool that will convert all the "Thanks" in the old system into "Likes" in the new system.

This SHOULD convert everything and leave everything in tact on old posts, but there is some chance it will only move the numbers, the total count for each person.

Then, I will disable the thanks system. This way, there will not be any "thanked 0 times, gave 0 thanks" for new members, or add to confusion for the members that have both.

We will then move forward with just the "Likes" system. It is a pretty good one. If needed in the future, I can always enable "Thanks" again.

I'm making this post to invite feedback. If anyone feels strongly against my intention, now would be the time to speak.

Thanks!
Read more
24 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Great, this was needed .
    CommentQuote
  • This is a good move for unification of thanks and likes.
    We should have only total likes display after adding thanks to it.
    CommentQuote
  • I am also in favor of this move....
    CommentQuote
  • good idea.. pls implement it soon...
    CommentQuote
  • We will then move forward with just the "Likes" system. It is a pretty good one. If needed in the future, I can always enable "Thanks" again.

Just to confirm - will you display the number of likes akin to the number of thanks against an individual in a post

CommentQuote
  • The "thanks: x, thanked x times in x posts" will go away. All that is already there for a user will convert over to what you see on the users profile page for how many likes they have.
    CommentQuote
  • I also support this move!!
    CommentQuote
  • Will the # of Likes displayed like the # of Thanks? Dont see it yet
    CommentQuote
  • Done - thanks imported successfully. You can see number of likes given and received on user profiles, with links to each listed.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Phases
    Done - thanks supported successfully. You can see number of likes given and received on user profiles, with links to each listed.

Cheers

-----

Whew ...for a moment I thought IREF portal got royally hacked . How come so many likes suddenly ( that too old posts ) . Pinched maself.

But Phases, you spoiled the party by revealing the above man. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Imported about 25,000 :)
    CommentQuote
  • Bro - still feel that the number of likes posted by/for should appear in an individuals post. Checking into his profile is a few clicks too many and there are quite a few new people keep appearing

Anyhow - your call
    CommentQuote
  • Yeah that's missing....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Bro - still feel that the number of likes posted by/for should appear in an individuals post. Checking into his profile is a few clicks too many and there are quite a few new people keep appearing

Anyhow - your call

I concur!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Bro - still feel that the number of likes posted by/for should appear in an individuals post. Checking into his profile is a few clicks too many and there are quite a few new people keep appearing

Anyhow - your call

I strongly agree . It shows acceptability ( trustable or doubtful ) of member's views in the forum....
    CommentQuote