ALL NEW "IMAGE ONLY" POSTS TO BE DELETED FROM NOW ON

"THE POST MUST CONTAIN AN ADEQUATE IMAGE DESCRIPTION"
We suggest the following:

1) Name the file names of your images using descriptive words related to the content of the image. In other words, name your image files something that is indicative of what the image is itself, rather than something like IMG2394870.jpg. For instance, Spaze-Privy-Gurgaon.jpg, Spaze-Privy-Gurgaon-latest-developments.jpg, Spaze-Privy-Gurgaon-sector-72.jpg.

2) Provide "Context" for the Image in the post: Always reference your images in your post.

3) Use Image 'Alt Text' to describe images: Use the alt text to describe it in a way that humans would read and understand, similar to how you'd choose a file name. In the alt text for that same spaze-Privy-Gurgaon.jpg image, for example, you might describe it as Spaze Privy Gurgaon Sector 72. (We are working on providing this feature)

Reference Thread: https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/noida-real-estate/19884-noida-projects-ki-kahani--pictures-ki-zubani?t=21997

The above thread has hundreds of updated pictures on Project in Noida, however due to 'poor' or 'no' image description, these pictures won't be found either on Search Engines or IREF internal search.
Read more
16 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Image only post are usually spams .., Sir good of you to get rid of them :)
    CommentQuote
  • A picture is worth a thousand words,but we would like words to describe situations,stories,advice etc, and not mere images only.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123
    A picture is worth a thousand words,but we would like words to describe situations,stories,advice etc, and not mere images only.

What about pictures posted in Joke of the day & Inspirational quotes threads?
    These posts are many times self explanatory
    CommentQuote
  • Does not apply to off topic forums.
    CommentQuote
  • I want to post floor plan of my flat and put Vastu query .
    I am not able to upload my jpg file
    Pl help
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pravira
    I want to post floor plan of my flat and put Vastu query .
    I am not able to upload my jpg file
    Pl help

When u try to upload, what error comes up ?
    CommentQuote
  • When I click on Upload -I get the following response :

Current Attachments (84.2 KB)
    jpg.gif Pravira-Vastu-Noida.jpg (84.2 KB)Remove
    CommentQuote

Can u post a screenshot ? looks like u r doing something wrong or missing a step .
    CommentQuote

Look at this . Maybe, it would helpful -

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/help?faq=vb3_reading_posting
    CommentQuote
  • Please guide
    CommentQuote
    Please guide

Can u post screenshots, so that i can probably see whats wrong and guide u ?
    CommentQuote
  • I am not able to upload image.
    I tried repeatedly but getting the following message :

Current Attachments (143.4 KB)
    jpg.gif Noida Floor plan1.jpg (143.4 KB)Remove

The file size is well within prescribed limit of 146.5 KB

Pl guide how to upload?
    CommentQuote
  • I am unable to upload a file despite repeated attempt.

I get the following message :

Current Attachments (143.4 KB)
    jpg.gif Noida Floor plan1.jpg (143.4 KB)Remove

Pl guide how to upload the file ?
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • pravira; u seem to be uploading the file correctly . After scrolling down the page, do u see "Close this Window"? Click on it . The file is uploaded now . After adding some text in the reply window, click on "Reply Post" .

Does this work ?

As u have uploaded a picture above, so it means your issue is resolved now .

Please confirm .
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Admin; What I observe that if someone makes comment under a post in a thread, that thread does not appear in the latest updated threads. Ideally, it should appear in the latest thread otherwise it is very difficult to know that some comment is made under a post. Please make the changes required.
    CommentQuote