Revelations of a Home Buyer is a series of videos curated by IREF. Since IREF is dedicated to help homebuyers distinguish good from bad property choices - these experiences will help first time buyers make a more informed choice.

Krlgmt5z9V8

Varun Sharma (IREF Member since May 2013) 32 years old, is a salaried professional and the only breadwinner in his family. In 2012, he decided to put his savings into buying a house for his family and him to stay in.

Soon after making his first down payment, Varun stumbled across negative reviews on IREF. What followed was a harrowing experience that almost broke him down. But he stood strong and succeeded to get his hard earned money back.

Have a story others can learn from? Mail revelations@iref.com
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Varun thanks For Sharing your Video,,good Work...!
    CommentQuote
  • I am stuck with crook builder AMRAPALI in their project called - verona heights.

I have all the documents in writing,even then i cannot do anything.

In last 3 years,they have made 3 floors and have to make around 34 floors,which at this rate comes out to deliver
    in more then 10 years.

I am living in rented accommodation and on top of it,I am giving heavy loan EMI.

When go to cancel the flat ,Builder tell me to deduct 4 lakh instantly as cancellation charges,in which i agreed with heavy heart but
    he does not give me IN WRITING that He will return my remaining money within 45 days.

In such cases ,I have found that even after 2 years ,amrapali have not returned the remaining amount
    of other customers who have cancelled their flats.

I am totally stuck with this FRAUD BUILDER,Dont know what to do.....
    CommentQuote
  • Airwill organic smart city in greater noida

ref to flat no. J- 1107, for 700 ft with 200 ft shop in Airwil Organic Smart City project at GREATER NOIDA on 9 July 2015. total cost of flat Rs.25, 72,500/-

PAYMENT IS READY WITH US AS DEMAND LETTER ISSUED ON 26.09.2015.
    FIRM NOT HANDOVER PAPERS AS PER PROMISE AT THE TIME OF BOOKING OF FLAT, MANY REMINDERS SEND BY US, BUT THEY HAVE NOT REPLIED SAME .
    NO REPLY IS RESION OF ANY SUSPECT / SUSPICIOUS BOOKING OF FLAT.NOW, WE AGAIN RAISE SAME QUESTION AND WAITING PAPERS TILL THE DATE,

1.PLEASE ISSUE YOUR PROMISE LETTER THAT YOU WILL "BEAR BANK LOAN INTEREST' AT YOUR END FROM FIRST DAY TO TILL THE POSITION.
    2.DECLARE DATE OF POSITION OF FLAT, IF LATE FROM YOUR SIDE, BY ANY COURT STAY / BY GOVT AUTHORITY DUE TO YOUR / UN-APPROVAL FROM ANY AUTHORITY /
    BY NATURAL CLIMATE / BY MISTAKE FROM YOUR SIDE, BY ANY MODIFICATION ETC,ETC, IN SUCH CONDITION YOU WILL BEAR PENALTY (IT IS ALSO MANDATORY BY COURT ORDER)
    3.DOCUMENTS -- OWNER SHIP OF LAND,
    4.APPROVALS PASSED BY GOVT AUTHORITY.
    5.APPROVALS PENDING AT GOVT AUTHORITY.ASPECT APPROVAL TIME.
    6.PLEASE ALSO ISSUE OTHER NECESSARY PROPERTY/BUILDING RELATED DOCUMENTS.
    7. DECLARE PENALTY IF YOU ARE UNSUSSES TO APPEAR FLAT AS PER DESIGN / SIZE /AND OTHER MEANS OF REASON.
    8. WE COMES TO KNOW FROM SOME "TELEVISION CANALS" ALSO FROM MY RELIABLE SOURCES THAT SOME
    GOVT OFFICIALS /INSTITUTION MADE 'RAID' IN YOUR OFFICES ON 4nd WEEK OF OCT 2015,RELATED SAID PROJECT .
    NOW, WE ASK FROM SIDE WILL SAID RAID EFFECT 'SMART CITY' PROJECT,CLARIFY SAME.
    CommentQuote
  • I Just came out of such horrible experience. Got my money back today What a Relief

I Just came out of such horrible experience. Got my money back today What a Relief :)
    CommentQuote