Sort by :
Filter by :
- Guys, come up with suggestions.
It's for the betterment of the forum community.CommentQuote0Flag
- I thinks, ye all should contribute to this... from my side
1. There should be some poll section separately.
As we have thread we don't get any quantitative... though its good subjectively..
This would also mean a single vote by a login, whereas in thread a single user can post many time..
so this can give a clear view of positive/negative interest or user..
2. There should be a section of brokers contact... and yes I know broker can put there contact ... but I would also want that existing user rate themm.. then it would be fair and for other would be easy to know which are good one and which one are fraud...
for now thats it..
will come up with more suggestions soon ..CommentQuote0Flag
- I am impressed ..
The ADMIN of this forum is so active.. I am impressed ..
Got a response immediately for the suggestions.. HATS OFF :bab (6):..
One more things that comes to my mind is the statistics of views ..
I am not sure how much its possible technically, but currently that show a little exaggerated .. What I mean is, even if the person posting a thread views it increases the count.. there is no harm in it and as such it show real info..
but what is missed is, that how many unique views are happening ..
What I feel is
- Every unique view should be counted
- For a person putting a post even if that is multiple time should be counted (i.e. ot multiple times viewing)
- For multiple view, atleast 1 day gap should be there
Based on this we would get actual view data, which would actually be a measure of peoples interest ..
but if it not possible technically.. now issue .. still the forum is GR8 ..
I am just giving my suggestion ..:DCommentQuote0Flag
- Hello !
Here are my suggestions !
- Website should automatically refresh after say 3 or 5 min .
- There should be some refresh button on the website.
- Title should not accept multiple entry for same project . Now anybody can start his own thread without searching forum . Alternately moderator should club together multiple entries into one.
- Some places like Faridabad has not much activities . ADMIN can select 4-5 members from that area who will try to promote IREF . This can also be done for other cities.
-There are many brokers , employees of brokers / builders who are promoting their own project or giving wrong advise to buyers . It needs to be monitored more carefully .
- When we click on latest posts than it is showing only one page . It should also show page 2 , 3 & so on .. Otherwise it is very difficult to read all latest posts..
Special Thanks to management of IREF 4 giving us such a wonderful plateform for sharing information.CommentQuote0Flag
- My suggestions :
1. As suggested by tinesha, there are mutiple threads discussion on same project. So my advise is to have
1. a subthread under say Gurgaon on different Projects in that area
2. Or / ANd sector wise
3. And a bigger one like Properties in Sec < 60, Properties on Sohana Road, Golf Course road, NH-8 Left side, NH-8 Right Side
I am sure to some extend it will bring many of the threads under some group. But it wil help tremendously for a person in need of information say on a project in Gurgaon --> Sec 66, -->Golf Course Extension Road
In simple words try to avoid scattering of information and putting all discussion in one place. Many a times comparison is discussed then those threads can be visible in multiple places.
- Refresh one is also a good idea and will be helpful.
- Voting is a very much required option (one vote one member) , most of the members seek advise / opinion on a particular project which we give and then he is not able to compile easily as everyone says or writes differently on different aspect.
- Different place for uploading of images , maps, letter, etc. and videos on a particular project. Presently its all text, and with pictures it will be more real...Its already there but if its projectwise then it will be better...
Like in yahoo groups, discussion is in one place, docs and pictures are kept at different place...
- More smilies :DCommentQuote0Flag
- Generic Suggestions
More Generic Suggestions:
1.Members should be given additional rights according to their status. A New member and a senior member has no differentiation, if yes then i don't know about that:)
2.Increased interaction from admin and communication from IREF. This will improve the number of posts as ~90% of threads become inactive on slightest loss of interest.
3.Centralized and universal threads should be created and members across country should be encouraged to give their posts else Noida members only talk about Noida projects and Pune members only talk of about Pune projects.
The Larger picture of RE doesn't get discussed often.CommentQuote0Flag
- One more: Immediately BAN people who abuse and give personal remarks to members. No need of any investigation or delay in any decision-making.CommentQuote0Flag
- Broadly,less than 10 % of the forum members contribute to more than 90 % of the posts ( IGRM would be having the exact figures on this , correct me if i am too off ).
Active participation of all registered members should be the essence of any forum.
Members not logging in for months/years together , not contributing to any threads , should be asked to participate. One way would be auto mails to such members , reminding them to log in & contribute. This would make the discussions more exhaustive & vibrant.
Differentiating in some form between active & dormant members may also help in improving things.CommentQuote0Flag
- Many thanks for all the valuable suggestions. We will do our best to implement them.CommentQuote0Flag
- few suggesions
i would suggest to add a tab < Green Building Concepts >< Modern Building Materials >< Better interior & Envoirment >CommentQuote0Flag
- Can we have increase in sizes of JPG/GIF/BMP and Zip files for upload. Sometime, its very hard to compress the pic to the allowable size.CommentQuote1Flag
- The management of IREF has an issue of use of excessive "Quotes" tag, as pointed out -
- the forum is loosing search engine rankings and traffic due to too much content duplication
- & also, when posts are reported, job of the management gets tougher since they cannot use the automated button of removing messages and messages in "Quotes" have to be removed manually .
Members use the "Quotes" tag excessively, since many face this problem as to when one needs to answer to a particular post & there are other posts in between & hence to link the answer to a post, use of "Quotes" tag becomes essential .
My suggestion ( two types of "Quote usage ) -
a) If a particular post needs to be answered, and a member uses the Quote post, a reference number of the post he is intending to answer gets displayed in bold .
b) If a particular post needs to be answered, and a member uses the Quote post, he can choose up to 20-25 % from the original message, on which he may intend to reply or base his answer . The idea, decrease in content duplication .
I really do not know, whether the above r practical or not .
Some other members, maybe can suggest a better solution or IREF finds a better solution to the issue .CommentQuote0Flag
- When a forum member deletes his post from a thread ( maybe with or without any mala fide intentions ), a note/remark should appear in the relevant place in the thread .CommentQuote0Flag
- 2 suggestions
1. At the home page, where one can see all the latest post, There should be a link to go to the LAST PAGE directly just below these latest posts.
2. IREF Admin should consider these suggestions and should take some actions.:bab (22):CommentQuote0Flag
- We definitely need stricter policing of the forum, brokers r going berserk, all over .CommentQuote0Flag