I have a few suggestions -

1) While going through different threads of the forum, i have often seen one or more members accusing other members of being brokers or hurdling accusations on each other of trying to influence decisions. I would suggest, that whenever, such a situation arises, instead of accusing someone of being an agent/broker etc. , the administrator/forum coordinator needs to be appraised of the situation & let the administrator decide on the intent of the accused. This would help in -

a) creating a much more cordial atmosphere for healthy discussions.
b) A member's comment unnecessarily won't get maligned,
c) stopping the , (sometimes) motivated blame game.

2) Storage limit of the private messages can be increased.

3) Whenever, one intends to add a new thread & starts typing on the Title Field , titles of similar content should be visible to him, so that he does not repeat on a previously existing thread.( not sure how this would be implemented , but I think computer techs., would be able to suggest a better solution to the problem)
Read more
284 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • In the member description area i.e. join date, posts, likes etc there should also be an option for indicating primary interest area or expertise of the member in a RE location & Project so that the member's posts carry some weightage & attention when he posts in a particular thread.

It will also help new members & advice seekers to go through the previous posts of that particular member so as to derive maximum benefit from his/her expertise in a particular location/project.
    CommentQuote
  • There should be a standard policy of making change in log in names or login ID.
    CHANGE or NO CHANGE,admin. may take a decision on this.
    In some cases login ID is changed at member request while in other cases change is not made in spite of many requests.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Krazy Yuppie
    There should be a standard policy of making change in log in names or login ID.
    CHANGE or NO CHANGE,admin. may take a decision on this.
    In some cases login ID is changed at member request while in other cases change is not made in spite of many requests.

Mods. cannot change the user names on their own, only Admin, can do it

If u want to change your username if u want please suggest some sensible alternatives, i will forward to Admin
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhay
    Mods. cannot change the user names on their own, only Admin, can do it

If u want to change your username if u want please suggest some sensible alternatives, i will forward to Admin

I am no more interested to change my login ID.However,a policy may be formulated by admin. for making changes.What is sensible or not is a matter of perception.I find many non-sensible IDs at IREF.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Krazy Yuppie
    I am no more interested to change my login ID.However,a policy may be formulated by admin. for making changes.What is sensible or not is a matter of perception.I find many non-sensible IDs at IREF.

U have a point, but policy needs to be adaptable to time , as per changing circumstances .

Have a good time .
    CommentQuote
  • adds

Wish we have ADDS for buy/sell for genuine buyers/sellers
    CommentQuote
  • How will we know who is genuine and who is a broker promoting his business.
    Members are anonymous here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123
    How will we know who is genuine and who is a broker promoting his business.
    Members are anonymous here.

I agree, members r anonymous & there is no way to judge their genuineness, except for the credibility the members build by posting here over a period of time .
    CommentQuote
  • Can't be a Separate Part?
    Not the part of Forum but Sale/Purchase / Renting ........Area on same website (with a disclaimer that IREF is........)

Think because so many peoiple needs this.
    CommentQuote
  • Knowing the viewership and I must add credibility of IREF,there will be a big rush of ads and we cannot sift the good from the bad.
    Reputation of IREF may be hit.Disclaimer is no use.
    CommentQuote
  • Database of latest legal rulings,state wise rules and regulations pertaining to RE can be created. Latest Income tax rules,Capital gains tax etc can be made available on the site.
    CommentQuote
  • One Suggestion

In our profile we have an option to see the last 10 visitors. That currently shows last 10 visitors according to the alphabetical order.
    I would suggest to make it according to TIME.
    CommentQuote
  • Before each and every thread showing when it was started with date and time. That was giving a rough idea about when project was launched. I will request to Admin, please do the same setting as before.
    CommentQuote
  • please change the date and time format of post as before. like two mnths ago, two years ago. Dont show the exact date and time. It is so much frustrating. Who gave you this idea. You should have seen the most famous site like facebook before making this change.
    Everytime i visit your site , i need to check what is time and date now and then only i can figure out which post is new and which i have to see. Please change this.
    Just a feedback from your site fan.
    Rest is your choice as it is your site....God bless you
    CommentQuote
  • We have been discussing this :)
    CommentQuote