I have a few suggestions -

1) While going through different threads of the forum, i have often seen one or more members accusing other members of being brokers or hurdling accusations on each other of trying to influence decisions. I would suggest, that whenever, such a situation arises, instead of accusing someone of being an agent/broker etc. , the administrator/forum coordinator needs to be appraised of the situation & let the administrator decide on the intent of the accused. This would help in -

a) creating a much more cordial atmosphere for healthy discussions.
b) A member's comment unnecessarily won't get maligned,
c) stopping the , (sometimes) motivated blame game.

2) Storage limit of the private messages can be increased.

3) Whenever, one intends to add a new thread & starts typing on the Title Field , titles of similar content should be visible to him, so that he does not repeat on a previously existing thread.( not sure how this would be implemented , but I think computer techs., would be able to suggest a better solution to the problem)
Read more
284 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Seems like the threads from "off-topic forum" doesn't get counted for "Hottest threads". I suggest they should be counted in too.
    CommentQuote
  • Please everybody try to invite members to the forum, it seems the posting are so slow
    CommentQuote
  • New viewing format for latest posts
    Hi

Been a long time fan and follower of iref. I find the change in latest posts thread where only lat 20 or so posts can be seen very problematic. Earlier one could go through pages in latestbposts. Now to see anything older than the last page one needs to open a sub forum. Please change this
    CommentQuote
  • Infact earlier latest threads was my one stop shop for everything.now its extremely cumbersome and user unfriendly
    CommentQuote
  • Suggestions for next steps for IREF

Dear IREF,

A lot of problems can be eradicated if you have a "social" signup here. Eg new signups should be through social networks like G+, Facebook, Linkedin with a certain criterion like lets say 20+ contacts . The information should or should not be made public as the user wishes.
    This would reduce or kill duplicate ids in my view. Users would be more "responsible" in their posts.

What do you think? I can help in technical capacity.
    CommentQuote
  • Please make a separate forum for "Real Estate Patna"

Dear Admin, With the recent development in real estate in Patna you should move all topics related to Patna under more Indian Cities category to a new sub group " Real Estate Patna".
    CommentQuote
  • The site has become too slow may be because of so many banner ads . I m spending 10% of the time than what i usrd to spend before those ads
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashish18
    Seems like the threads from "off-topic forum" doesn't get counted for "Hottest threads". I suggest they should be counted in too.

This is correct and by design. :)

Originally Posted by bala_animation
    Please everybody try to invite members to the forum, it seems the posting are so slow

The more the merrier! Please all, invite your friends!

Originally Posted by lexusnexus
    New viewing format for latest posts
    Hi

Been a long time fan and follower of iref. I find the change in latest posts thread where only lat 20 or so posts can be seen very problematic. Earlier one could go through pages in latestbposts. Now to see anything older than the last page one needs to open a sub forum. Please change this

Originally Posted by lexusnexus
    Infact earlier latest threads was my one stop shop for everything.now its extremely cumbersome and user unfriendly

This has been restored to the old way. :)

Originally Posted by nandunaada
    Dear IREF,

A lot of problems can be eradicated if you have a "social" signup here. Eg new signups should be through social networks like G+, Facebook, Linkedin with a certain criterion like lets say 20+ contacts . The information should or should not be made public as the user wishes.
    This would reduce or kill duplicate ids in my view. Users would be more "responsible" in their posts.

What do you think? I can help in technical capacity.

This is a good idea and has its merits - but also its challenges both technically and administratively. It could also actually add to a duplicate account problem, rather than reduce.

We have been looking into this. I am unsure we can make it happen with the system as is, but have been digging around for solutions.

Originally Posted by studio
    Dear Admin, With the recent development in real estate in Patna you should move all topics related to Patna under more Indian Cities category to a new sub group " Real Estate Patna".

DONE:)

Originally Posted by picard
    The site has become too slow may be because of so many banner ads . I m spending 10% of the time than what i usrd to spend before those ads

Unfortunately the ads do take a few fractions of a second each to load, and thus have decreased speed of the site a little. But really, not very much! Hope members can bear with it - but yes I do understand the pain caused by load times.

Would you attest that your assessment of "10%" be true and accurate? Would others suggest the same experience?
    CommentQuote
  • Why LIKE button is missing from threads of Off Topic Forum?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Krazy Yuppie
    Why LIKE button is missing from threads of Off Topic Forum?

Like button has been put off by Admin in all off topic threads just as posts count has been put off.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by CFA_aspirant
    Mods should be atleast neutral and act like moderators even after their political interests

Originally Posted by vaibav123
    Actually moderators should not join any political discussion.They should keep aloof and only moderate discussions, if going off track.

If one finds MOD action is unfair and not neutral, one can also report such posts to admins but it's not nice to get personal with anyone. Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    Like button has been put off by Admin in all off topic threads just as posts count has been put off.

When some one likes the post of off topic threads by quoting the post,the post is deleted by the Administrator.This is not the way to prevent members to like the post by putting like comment.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Krazy Yuppie
    When some one likes the post of off topic threads by quoting the post,the post is deleted by the Administrator.This is not the way to prevent members to like the post by putting like comment.

Anything which is not related to topic is supposed to be deleted....
    You can send PM if you really want to communicate
    CommentQuote
  • Just like off topic forum posts are not counted towards number of posts posted by a member,the LIKE button may be restored for such posts but LIKES may not be counted towards Like received account.
    If Administrator likes the suggestion,it may be incorporated
    CommentQuote
  • There shud be a 'like' option here as well.
    Please..can it be done?
    If we mention the post in replies for 'like' or +1, it will increase only th number of posts in th thread. And some posts r sooo good, its not good not to appreciate the quote and the efforts of the one who took all the trouble to post them here.
    So please..can 'like' option be incorporated here?
    Thanks.
    :)
    CommentQuote