Suggestions for improvement of the forum

Last updated: February 27 2018
299 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Suggestions for improvement of the forum

Originally posted by ashish18 View Post
    I can think of a qualitative way to add on to the quantitative way(500/1000) right now based on likes.
    Ideally, I would classify veterans as 5000+ posts or 1000+ likes.
    Senior Members : 2000+ post or 300+ likes

Likes can be easily manipulated by a Group of members ( then can be Brokers or somebody looking to manipulate or somebody looking to gain/upgrade his Likes status ), working in sync . Also Likes many times tend to be more of instant reaction/s . Just an example, if u r a Bull & somebody makes a point supporting a Bull, u might just Like him in the heat of the moment, but your Like may not be what i term as a "Universal Like" . If their is a dislike option, many Bears would dislike the same post .

..........so likes r more of an expression of agreeing to that post ( for whatsoever reasons ) & clubbing them with classifying Veterans, Senior members & others might not really be a fruitful/effective way .
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
      Likes can be easily manipulated by a Group of members ( then can be Brokers or somebody looking to manipulate or somebody looking to gain/upgrade his Likes status ), working in sync . Also Likes many times tend to be more of instant reaction/s . Just an example, if u r a Bull & somebody makes a point supporting a Bull, u might just Like him in the heat of the moment, but your Like may not be what i term as a "Universal Like" . If their is a dislike option, many Bears would dislike the same post .

..........so likes r more of an expression of agreeing to that post ( for whatsoever reasons ) & clubbing them with classifying Veterans, Senior members & others might not really be a fruitful/effective way .
      Dear Manoja,
      will agree to some extent. But then many likes are true appreciation to the information and insights provided my members which i consider as qualitative
      I was just trying to figure out qualitative yet objective way. Although that would be still biased, but i sometimes tend to hold the guys with good number of likes as a genuine veteran

Comment

Back to back postings should be discouraged. Some people do it just to increase post count. I have seen people with 10 back to back posts in same timeframe

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by AJAY_GGN View Post
          Back to back postings should be discouraged. Some people do it just to increase post count. I have seen people with 10 back to back posts in same timeframe

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
          I know & i agree, but there r some back to back genuine posts too .

............anyways, Admin. would be looking at your suggestion .

Comment

Originally posted by ashish18 View Post
            Dear Manoja,
            will agree to some extent. But then many likes are true appreciation to the information and insights provided my members which i consider as qualitative
            I was just trying to figure out qualitative yet objective way. Although that would be still biased, but i sometimes tend to hold the guys with good number of likes as a genuine veteran

Yes, i know, we have many Likes which r true appreciation of the post, but as i said, quantitative way of basing the Seniority has many -ves too .

...........i believe that Phases is looking at new systems on this & hopefully he can find something which satisfies most members, if not all .

Comment

One immediate way to control ids from posting combative posts (as against factual ones) is to immediately downgrade the membership one level down if the mod has to intervene. No questions straight down grade and going up would mean again accumulating (say) 300 posts for example.

There are lot of posts where ids go all out to prove a point and that is not the intent of the thread.

Comment

In the member description area i.e. join date, posts, likes etc there should also be an option for indicating primary interest area or expertise of the member in a RE location & Project so that the member's posts carry some weightage & attention when he posts in a particular thread.

It will also help new members & advice seekers to go through the previous posts of that particular member so as to derive maximum benefit from his/her expertise in a particular location/project.
                Good luck

Comment

There should be a standard policy of making change in log in names or login ID.
                  CHANGE or NO CHANGE,admin. may take a decision on this.
                  In some cases login ID is changed at member request while in other cases change is not made in spite of many requests.
                  Dil Jawan Hai To Jahan Hai

Comment

Originally posted by Krazy Yuppie View Post
                    There should be a standard policy of making change in log in names or login ID.
                    CHANGE or NO CHANGE,admin. may take a decision on this.
                    In some cases login ID is changed at member request while in other cases change is not made in spite of many requests.
                    Mods. cannot change the user names on their own, only Admin, can do it

If u want to change your username if u want please suggest some sensible alternatives, i will forward to Admin
                    Last edited October 18 2013, 07:50 PM.
                    NEVER BUY ANY PROPERTY BY SEEING COMMENTS ALWAYS VISIT LOCATION

Comment

Originally posted by abhay View Post
                      Mods. cannot change the user names on their own, only Admin, can do it

If u want to change your username if u want please suggest some sensible alternatives, i will forward to Admin
                      I am no more interested to change my login ID.However,a policy may be formulated by admin. for making changes.What is sensible or not is a matter of perception.I find many non-sensible IDs at IREF.
                      Dil Jawan Hai To Jahan Hai

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X