I have a few suggestions -


1) While going through different threads of the forum, i have often seen one or more members accusing other members of being brokers or hurdling accusations on each other of trying to influence decisions. I would suggest, that whenever, such a situation arises, instead of accusing someone of being an agent/broker etc. , the administrator/forum coordinator needs to be appraised of the situation & let the administrator decide on the intent of the accused. This would help in -

a) creating a much more cordial atmosphere for healthy discussions.
b) A member's comment unnecessarily won't get maligned,
c) stopping the , (sometimes) motivated blame game.

2) Storage limit of the private messages can be increased.

3) Whenever, one intends to add a new thread & starts typing on the Title Field , titles of similar content should be visible to him, so that he does not repeat on a previously existing thread.( not sure how this would be implemented , but I think computer techs., would be able to suggest a better solution to the problem)
Read more
Reply
284 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/13876-real-estate-bubble-set-to-burst-again-in-india?p=2049928#post2049928


    Originally Posted by Durriewala
    While, others as well as I have to defer to the fact that you own the board, and that everyone wishing to post here has to play by your rules, your assertion that a poster can somehow exercise thought control on the person responding to his post is downright ridiculous.

    Not only that, the idea that even questioning a Mod’s decision is disallowed, is kind of North Korea-ish!!!

    As for the issues raised, you may be right about disallowing political discussion here but what’s with the aversion to bringing up Government policy?

    How can one have a meaningful discussion on Affordability and Value of RE without discussing Monetary Policies and Governance, respectively. Not to mention the fact that the Government is not only complicit in the RE bubble but can actually be considered an active facilitator and, now a preserver.

    And, let me say this again, there was nothing in my post, or @Tyler Durden; 's reply to the same that would have warranted a deletion.

    I have often appreciated your fair and balance approach to moderating, but this was completely unreasonable and uncalled for.
    Just because the board got overheated earlier due to certain politically oversensitive folks does not mean we all pay the price for it.

    Your clarification that this was a preemption to avoid chaos and disorder frankly falls short too. I mean even at its worst, folks can only call each other names. I am yet to hear of a single case where someone has been able to step out of a person’s monitor and stab them in the eyeball with their political beliefs.

    You know, as flawed as our democracy is, the Fundamental Right to Freedom of Expression and Speech has been one beacon of hope in this mess of a country. And over the last decade and a half, I see the same being challenged more and more.

    I plead you to let this board live with all the vibrancy of ideas and thoughts stemming from the brilliant brains here, including those that may disagree with this.

    Below is one of my favorite quotes on the topic at hand:

    “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
    -Commonly attributed to Voltaire, but actually from his biography by Evelyn Beatrice Hall (as I found out recently).

    In the course of verifying the authenticity of the above, I also found a quote by Voltaire himself, which is even more relevant here:

    “The supposed right of intolerance is absurd and barbaric. It is the right of the tiger; nay, it is far worse, for tigers do but tear in order to have food, while we rend each other for paragraphs.”

    This is the kind of Free Speech I believe in Manoj. Anytime you put conditions to it, it’s no longer free. Put enough conditions and even the speech is gone, as you must have witnessed last few days.

    Thanks for your time, brother. And as always, thanks for doing what you do.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    It was a general warning .

    ...........btw, your post https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/pune-real-estate/9993-indian-stock-advice-trading-strategies-trends-market-predictions-regulations?p=2050146#post2050146 was reported & has been mildly edited and it led to another Post which was purely Political & the same has been deleted .

    by the way do you know that iref footfalls are going down everyday because you guys have chose to put restrictions on the most able and frank bloggers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    by the way do you know that iref footfalls are going down everyday because you guys have chose to put restrictions on the most able and frank bloggers.


    Do u have any figures to prove this or is this your perception ?

    Certain visible & frequent Posters are missing because of members fighting among themselves owing to Political inclinations and bashing and some of them leaving because of this and on the pretext of us enforcing rules of not allowing Political discussions in Main threads . Also, we have some members have taken the task of criticizing IREF and the Moderators at the drop of the hat .

    If anybody has any issues, they can PM me or if you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please contact the admin on admin(at)indianrealestateforum.com . What is the fun in raising issues ( for which u guys may not be aware of many relevant & internal facts ) in the threads ?

    Political discussions are not allowed in the main threads . Political bashing in guise of criticizing the Government is not allowed .

    If some members find sticking to & following the rules as highhandedness, i really cannot help it & insisting upon allowing Political bashing in the main threads is something incomprehensible . We cannot allow anybody to post anything anywhere & spoil the very structure of this Forum . We cannot allow the Forum to become a place where it is "Free for all" & where everybody is abusing/bashing/name calling/making Personal attacks on other's amidst Political bashing .

    If u have anything to add on this topic or discuss it further, please post here - https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/iref%C2%AE-lounge/questions-suggestions/10798-suggestions-for-improvement-of-the-forum?t=13156


    Administrator/Moderator Criticism
    Criticism of IREF rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content WILL BE DELETED without notice. Be respectful of Admins and Moderators even if you disagree with particular decisions. Their time is dedicated voluntarily to keeping IREF Forum a happy place. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please contact the admin on admin(at)indianrealestateforum.com
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Do u have any figures to prove this or is this your perception ?

    Certain visible & frequent Posters are missing because of members fighting among themselves owing to Political inclinations and bashing and some of them leaving because of this and on the pretext of us enforcing rules of not allowing Political discussions in Main threads . Also, we have some members have taken the task of criticizing IREF and the Moderators at the drop of the hat .

    If anybody has any issues, they can PM me or if you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please contact the admin on admin(at)indianrealestateforum.com . What is the fun in raising issues ( for which u guys may not be aware of many relevant & internal facts ) in the threads ?

    Political discussions are not allowed in the main threads . Political bashing in guise of criticizing the Government is not allowed .

    If some members find sticking to & following the rules as highhandedness, i really cannot help it & insisting upon allowing Political bashing in the main threads is something incomprehensible . We cannot allow anybody to post anything anywhere & spoil the very structure of this Forum . We cannot allow the Forum to become a place where it is "Free for all" & where everybody is abusing/bashing/name calling/making Personal attacks on other's amidst Political bashing .

    If u have anything to add on this topic or discuss it further, please post here - https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/iref%C2%AE-lounge/questions-suggestions/10798-suggestions-for-improvement-of-the-forum?t=13156


    Administrator/Moderator Criticism
    Criticism of IREF rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content WILL BE DELETED without notice. Be respectful of Admins and Moderators even if you disagree with particular decisions. Their time is dedicated voluntarily to keeping IREF Forum a happy place. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please contact the admin on admin(at)indianrealestateforum.com


    ManojA (and Admin/all Mods). I have a few points that may point to to some genuine discrepancies in the way "Political" is handled. Let me explain ...

    - Criticizing Govt policy or inaction is NOT political bashing. I can't very well criticise PC when Jaitley is the FM, can I? :)

    - Criticizing (Bashing as it is called even when the criticism is genuine) PC or Kejriwal does not seem to attract reporting. But do the same with BJP politicians and there is tons of "reporting" of which many, I'm sure, are frivolous. Why this tremendous insecurity and siege mentality, especially when the same people reporting have no problem "bashing" PC and Kejri? How many standards do we have here?!

    Apparently all these rules were made and are enforced to make this forum a Happy place (I've highlighted it since that seems to be the main focus of all actions by Mods and Admin. - making this forum a HAPPY place!)

    But I would request Admin/Mods to introspect a little and wonder whether they are prisoners to their own rules since any "reporting" must be acted upon and random editing/deleting needs to be performed.

    Is this pro-one-political party bunch using your own rules to force you to act in such a way as to suppress ALL mention of members of one political party (even if it is merely to talk about Govt policy?)

    In earlier days there was much more acrimony in some exchanges, but all-in-all I'm sure everyone was happy getting along and picking interesting and important information from various posts, even if one did not always agree on everything said.

    I don't think Admin/Mod was forced to be so heavy-handed due to their own rules of reporting and acting on reports (correct me if wrong).

    I would sincerely request Admin/Mod to apply their mind to decide whether a report is genuine (has some substance) or merely frivolous and act accordingly (if you are not already doing so).

    There seems to be no de-motivation for frivolous reporters as well. This means anybody can think anything about a post merely because it has the words Modi or Jaitley in it and report it.

    I believe there should also be a system that actively discourages frivolous reporting on whim and fancy.

    Otherwise this forum will be a very happy place of only pro-BJP members and RE listings. Basically a sterile forum.

    Would you really be happy if all I did was to do a search of political words and kept on reporting all posts where they are not in off-topic thread? I could do that, if it made this a Happy forum ... tons of reporting. And do you really think this would become a Happy forum if everyone started reporting all political terms in every post/thread? You do realise how paranoid this is getting, right?

    Are we all grown up people or simply school kids to be scolded about how we should not use bad words in class? :D

    Either way I'm happy. Pls take your pick.

    Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    ManojA (and Admin/all Mods). I have a few points that may point to to some genuine discrepancies in the way "Political" is handled. Let me explain ...

    - Criticizing Govt policy or inaction is NOT political bashing. I can't very well bash PC when Jaitley is the FM, can I? :)

    - Criticizing (Bashing as it is called even when the criticism is genuine) PC or Kejriwal does not seem to attract reporting. But do the same with BJP politicians and there is tons of "reporting" of which many, I'm sure, are frivolous.

    Apparently all these rules were made and are enforced to make this forum a Happy place (I've highlighted it since that seems to be the main focus of all actions by Mods and Admin. - making this forum a HAPPY place!)

    But I would request Admin/Mods to introspect a little and wonder whether they are prisoners to their own rules since any "reporting" must be acted upon and random editing/deleting needs to be performed.

    Is this pro-one-political party bunch using your own rules to force you to act in such a way as to suppress ALL mention of members of one political party (even if it is merely to talk about Govt policy?)

    In earlier days there was much more acrimony in some exchanges, but all-in-all I'm sure everyone was happy getting along and picking interesting and important information from various posts, even if one did not always agree on everything said.

    I don't think Admin/Mod was forced to be so heavy-handed due to their own rules of reporting and acting on reports (correct me if wrong).

    I would sincerely request Admin/Mod to apply their mind to decide whether a report is genuine (has some substance) or merely frivolous and act accordingly.

    There seems to be no demotivation for frivolous reporters as well. This means anybody can think anything about a post merely because it has the words Modi or Jaitley in it and report it.

    I believe there should also be a system that actively discourages frivolous reporting on whim and fancy.

    Otherwise this forum will be a very happy place of only pro-BJP members and RE listings. Basically a sterile forum.

    Either way I'm happy. Pls take your pick.

    Regards



    Otherwise, this WILL become a Happy forum


    First this Govt. is letting everybody down( hopefully change in the future looking at the bullish scenario of markets always have been leading indicators) and then these moderators,...
    CommentQuote
  • First of all, there is no compulsion on Moderators to act on each and every reported post . If there is no action, we need to explain the reason for the same and about 10 to 15 % reports r not acted upon.

    You may criticize any Political Party in the Off Topic Forum ( whether its Genuine criticism or not is for members to decide & we can't be expected to research the pros and cons of all arguments with one another ) and we normally don't intervene till People start abusing there . Doing something similar in the main threads is not allowed . Criticizing Political Party "A" or "B" may be resulting in more reporting & that could be because of oversensitive supporters of that party in the forum . We are not prisoners of our own rules, rather i would say that certain members r prisoners of their "State of mind" & r adamant to discuss politics in the main threads . Would put it this way - " today, we have some supporters of say Political Party "A" who are more tolerant than say supporters of Party "B" & some of your arguments may stand true in this scenario . What would happen if we have some new members who r really vocal supporters of Party "A" & start creating mayhem and Political bashing of opponent parties in the main threads ? This does happen occasionally & gets controlled by the rules we are enforcing and also because of forced exit of some members from the forum .

    I know this is getting paranoid & see such silly reporting everyday, but enforcement of rules is saving us from a complete breakdown .

    I would again try to put all this in simple words - U may be a supporter of Party "A" or :"B" or anybody or just a concerned citizen of this country . Politics is an touchy issue for most and whatever u may say in support/against somebody in the ruling Government or somebody who is no longer in power, vocal and sometimes inflammatory reactions r bound to come . Whether u r correct or not is not important for somebody replying to a Political discussion, more important for him is to push his ideology and if in doing so, if the Forum turns into a Battlefield or loses its sanctity, is non of his/their concern .

    So, i would again say -

    Political discussions are not allowed in the main threads . Political bashing in guise of criticizing the Government is not allowed .

    Insisting upon allowing Political bashing in the main threads is something incomprehensible . We cannot allow anybody to post anything anywhere & spoil the very structure of this Forum . We cannot allow the Forum to become a place where it is "Free for all" & where everybody is abusing/bashing/name calling/making Personal attacks on other's amidst Political bashing .




    Originally Posted by wiseman
    ManojA (and Admin/all Mods). I have a few points that may point to to some genuine discrepancies in the way "Political" is handled. Let me explain ...

    - Criticizing Govt policy or inaction is NOT political bashing. I can't very well criticise PC when Jaitley is the FM, can I? :)

    - Criticizing (Bashing as it is called even when the criticism is genuine) PC or Kejriwal does not seem to attract reporting. But do the same with BJP politicians and there is tons of "reporting" of which many, I'm sure, are frivolous. Why this tremendous insecurity and siege mentality, especially when the same people reporting have no problem "bashing" PC and Kejri? How many standards do we have here?!

    Apparently all these rules were made and are enforced to make this forum a Happy place (I've highlighted it since that seems to be the main focus of all actions by Mods and Admin. - making this forum a HAPPY place!)

    But I would request Admin/Mods to introspect a little and wonder whether they are prisoners to their own rules since any "reporting" must be acted upon and random editing/deleting needs to be performed.

    Is this pro-one-political party bunch using your own rules to force you to act in such a way as to suppress ALL mention of members of one political party (even if it is merely to talk about Govt policy?)

    In earlier days there was much more acrimony in some exchanges, but all-in-all I'm sure everyone was happy getting along and picking interesting and important information from various posts, even if one did not always agree on everything said.

    I don't think Admin/Mod was forced to be so heavy-handed due to their own rules of reporting and acting on reports (correct me if wrong).

    I would sincerely request Admin/Mod to apply their mind to decide whether a report is genuine (has some substance) or merely frivolous and act accordingly (if you are not already doing so).

    There seems to be no de-motivation for frivolous reporters as well. This means anybody can think anything about a post merely because it has the words Modi or Jaitley in it and report it.

    I believe there should also be a system that actively discourages frivolous reporting on whim and fancy.

    Otherwise this forum will be a very happy place of only pro-BJP members and RE listings. Basically a sterile forum.

    Would you really be happy if all I did was to do a search of political words and kept on reporting all posts where they are not in off-topic thread? I could do that, if it made this a Happy forum ... tons of reporting. And do you really think this would become a Happy forum if everyone started reporting all political terms in every post/thread? You do realise how paranoid this is getting, right?

    Are we all grown up people or simply school kids to be scolded about how we should not use bad words in class? :D

    Either way I'm happy. Pls take your pick.

    Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    First of all, there is no compulsion on Moderators to act on each and every reported post . If there is no action, we need to explain the reason for the same and about 10 to 15 % reports r not acted upon.

    You may criticize any Political Party in the Off Topic Forum ( whether its Genuine criticism or not is for members to decide & we can't be expected to research the pros and cons of all arguments with one another ) and we normally don't intervene till People start abusing there . Doing something similar in the main threads is not allowed . Criticizing Political Party "A" or "B" may be resulting in more reporting & that could be because of oversensitive supporters of that party in the forum . We are not prisoners of our own rules, rather i would say that certain members r prisoners of their "State of mind" & r adamant to discuss politics in the main threads . Would put it this way - " today, we have some supporters of say Political Party "A" who are more tolerant than say supporters of Party "B" & some of your arguments may stand true in this scenario . What would happen if we have some new members who r really vocal supporters of Party "A" & start creating mayhem and Political bashing of opponent parties in the main threads ? This does happen occasionally & gets controlled by the rules we are enforcing and also because of forced exit of some members from the forum .

    I know this is getting paranoid & see such silly reporting everyday, but enforcement of rules is saving us from a complete breakdown .

    I would again try to put all this in simple words - U may be a supporter of Party "A" or :"B" or anybody or just a concerned citizen of this country . Politics is an touchy issue for most and whatever u may say in support/against somebody in the ruling Government or somebody who is no longer in power, vocal and sometimes inflammatory reactions r bound to come . Whether u r correct or not is not important for somebody replying to a Political discussion, more important for him is to push his ideology and if in doing so, if the Forum turns into a Battlefield or loses its sanctity, is non of his/their concern .

    So, i would again say -

    Political discussions are not allowed in the main threads . Political bashing in guise of criticizing the Government is not allowed .

    Insisting upon allowing Political bashing in the main threads is something incomprehensible . We cannot allow anybody to post anything anywhere & spoil the very structure of this Forum . We cannot allow the Forum to become a place where it is "Free for all" & where everybody is abusing/bashing/name calling/making Personal attacks on other's amidst Political bashing .


    Okay!

    From now on all political references will only be in off-topic forum from me!

    Meanwhile I'll think of a better method to refer to Govt in topics without triggering political reporting! :)

    Topic closed.

    cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Okay!

    From now on all political references will only be in off-topic forum from me!

    Meanwhile I'll think of a better method to refer to Govt in topics without triggering political reporting! :)

    Topic closed.

    cheers


    Thanks for understanding the peculiarity of the situation & the tight rope walk, Moderators have to relentlessly do .
    CommentQuote
  • This is a Dilemma. Real estate, economy, urban development and housing are intertwined with Policies of Govt. On many occasions, discussions will end up on Political perspectives because Govt policy is THE key underlying all these issues. There is no way to separate Political perspective from matter we discuss on this forum.

    However, i agree that some members are not really interested in discussing the actual matter (that is real estate) but are more interested in Political score settling. And that's when everything goes down the drain. The discussion turns into Political debates and which degrades the sanctity and harmony of forum.

    I think Staff has to walk a fine line to carefully walk on dividing line between these two sides of Dilemma.

    We can't ignore the Govt Policies and discussing that is very important. To give you an example.

    BJP Govt has practically abandoned the promise of Urbanization Drive and 100 smart cities. That will have major negative impact on future of RE in India. Isn't it important to discuss this issue in detail?

    Some advice to Staff - Instead of imposing broad based rules that will ultimately hinder the scope of discussion. More practical approach is to focus in weeding out Bad fish. These are people who participate in Political discussions (or shall i say bashing) not on Policy perspective but on IDEOLOGICAL perspective. A careful look at posts of these people will very clearly show that they have ideological inclinations to a Political party. They don't care about Policies and scope of policies. All they care about is defending or attacking a Political party on IDEOLOGICAL motives.

    I think we need one SMART and DEDICATED staff member whose task should be to weed out Political ideologues who undermine sanctity of this forum.

    Bottom line. Allow Political discussion on Policy perspective. NEVER EVER allow Political discussion on Ideological perspective.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Do u have any figures to prove this or is this your perception ?

    Certain visible & frequent Posters are missing because of members fighting among themselves owing to Political inclinations and bashing and some of them leaving because of this and on the pretext of us enforcing rules of not allowing Political discussions in Main threads . Also, we have some members have taken the task of criticizing IREF and the Moderators at the drop of the hat .

    If anybody has any issues, they can PM me or if you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please contact the admin on admin(at)indianrealestateforum.com . What is the fun in raising issues ( for which u guys may not be aware of many relevant & internal facts ) in the threads ?

    Political discussions are not allowed in the main threads . Political bashing in guise of criticizing the Government is not allowed .

    If some members find sticking to & following the rules as highhandedness, i really cannot help it & insisting upon allowing Political bashing in the main threads is something incomprehensible . We cannot allow anybody to post anything anywhere & spoil the very structure of this Forum . We cannot allow the Forum to become a place where it is "Free for all" & where everybody is abusing/bashing/name calling/making Personal attacks on other's amidst Political bashing .

    If u have anything to add on this topic or discuss it further, please post here - https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/iref%C2%AE-lounge/questions-suggestions/10798-suggestions-for-improvement-of-the-forum?t=13156


    Administrator/Moderator Criticism
    Criticism of IREF rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content WILL BE DELETED without notice. Be respectful of Admins and Moderators even if you disagree with particular decisions. Their time is dedicated voluntarily to keeping IREF Forum a happy place. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please contact the admin on admin(at)indianrealestateforum.com



    There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics. Ever since you have made it compulsory to login to view the contents, a lot of bloggers like me make it a point to login to the site as soon as we open the computer, even when we are not viewing the site. This is because, if we visit the site without login, after sometime we are prompted to login. But owing to some technical problems the screen repeatedly go back to the login prompt making it impossible to view the site casually or signed in position.


    Sir my humble request is that don't be too strict with your kids that they hate going to school. Hope you will take it in the positive spirit.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Counterfeit
    There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics. Ever since you have made it compulsory to login to view the contents, a lot of bloggers like me make it a point to login to the site as soon as we open the computer, even when we are not viewing the site. This is because, if we visit the site without login, after sometime we are prompted to login. But owing to some technical problems the screen repeatedly go back to the login prompt making it impossible to view the site casually or signed in position.


    Sir my humble request is that don't be too strict with your kids that they hate going to school. Hope you will take it in the positive spirit.


    I am not too sure as to what u r trying to imply with your first paragraph, so would refrain from commenting on it .

    Yes, IREF has implemented this policy of limiting view-able pages, when members r not logged in and we r sticking to it, as of now . On the technical difficulties u r facing, could u please explain in detail with screen shots, so that we can resolve the issues u r facing ?

    We r not trying to be strict, we are just trying to maintain the credibility of the forum and as i said earlier, we cannot allow anybody to post anything anywhere & spoil the very structure of this Forum . We cannot allow the Forum to become a place where it is "Free for all" & where everybody is abusing/bashing/name calling/making Personal attacks on other's amidst Political bashing .
    CommentQuote
  • Really not possible to implement because of 2 main reasons -

    1 ) With the number of threads where such discussions r currently going on and with no limit to the number of threads which can have such discussions ( if they r not controlled ), it is humanly impossible . We cannot dedicate Moderators for this purpose only .

    2 ) U never know as to when Policy perspective turns into IDEOLOGICAL perspective & we r back to the square one . Our Admins and Moderators are not here to cast blame or choose sides. We can't be expected to research the pros and cons of your arguments with one another.


    Originally Posted by Bharatiya
    This is a Dilemma. Real estate, economy, urban development and housing are intertwined with Policies of Govt. On many occasions, discussions will end up on Political perspectives because Govt policy is THE key underlying all these issues. There is no way to separate Political perspective from matter we discuss on this forum.

    However, i agree that some members are not really interested in discussing the actual matter (that is real estate) but are more interested in Political score settling. And that's when everything goes down the drain. The discussion turns into Political debates and which degrades the sanctity and harmony of forum.

    I think Staff has to walk a fine line to carefully walk on dividing line between these two sides of Dilemma.

    We can't ignore the Govt Policies and discussing that is very important. To give you an example.

    BJP Govt has practically abandoned the promise of Urbanization Drive and 100 smart cities. That will have major negative impact on future of RE in India. Isn't it important to discuss this issue in detail?

    Some advice to Staff - Instead of imposing broad based rules that will ultimately hinder the scope of discussion. More practical approach is to focus in weeding out Bad fish. These are people who participate in Political discussions (or shall i say bashing) not on Policy perspective but on IDEOLOGICAL perspective. A careful look at posts of these people will very clearly show that they have ideological inclinations to a Political party. They don't care about Policies and scope of policies. All they care about is defending or attacking a Political party on IDEOLOGICAL motives.

    I think we need one SMART and DEDICATED staff member whose task should be to weed out Political ideologues who undermine sanctity of this forum.

    Bottom line. Allow Political discussion on Policy perspective. NEVER EVER allow Political discussion on Ideological perspective.
    CommentQuote
  • Suppose I view the forum without logging in, after a few minutes the screen prompting to login appears. Now even if I login, the screen go backs to the screen which prompts to login i.e. even after entering the id and password, I am not logged in. Now even if I close the window and try to open a new window I get the same results i.e. I cannot view the page without login and I cannot login to view the page. To avoid the problem, I login to the site as soon as I sit before the computer even if I do not intend to view the pages more than a few minutes.


    What I was trying to say is that a whole lot of people who are logged in may not be actually viewing the site - they are logged in because of the technical issue and your insistence on logging in. Hope I have explained the position.


    The data related to the viewership you have got at your end may not be trustworthy because of the problem.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Counterfeit
    Suppose I view the forum without logging in, after a few minutes the screen prompting to login appears. Now even if I login, the screen go backs to the screen which prompts to login i.e. even after entering the id and password, I am not logged in. Now even if I close the window and try to open a new window I get the same results i.e. I cannot view the page without login and I cannot login to view the page. To avoid the problem, I login to the site as soon as I sit before the computer even if I do not intend to view the pages more than a few minutes.


    What I was trying to say is that a whole lot of people who are logged in may not be actually viewing the site - they are logged in because of the technical issue and your insistence on logging in. Hope I have explained the position.


    Forwarding to the Tech Team .

    Give us some time to resolve it .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Off Topic/Political Discussions
    Please make every effort to keep your posts relevant to the active thread topic. Detours usually take a thread wildly off topic, and invite others to do the same. Off topic posts (and any responses to such posts) may be deleted without notice.


    Manoj, while I agree some of my earlier deleted posts could have been construed as being political in tone, however, there have been many completely innocent ones which have had to bear the brunt of your unreasonable heavy handedness.

    Being constantly blindsided by your unilateral decisions on what is political and what is not, is no way to keep a constructive debate on, while one is already trying to do his best to play by the rules laid out by you.

    I am not even sure what on earth was wrong with the last one. Right now, there are posts among the last few ones, which could be termed political way more than mine was intended to be.

    Today's deletion is especially jarring because I was merely responding to another member who accused me of being overtly pessimistic.

    I think it is a reasonable request then, that, either you remove that post as well, or delete what you found objectionable/political in mine, and leave the rest of my retort published.
    CommentQuote