I have a few suggestions -

1) While going through different threads of the forum, i have often seen one or more members accusing other members of being brokers or hurdling accusations on each other of trying to influence decisions. I would suggest, that whenever, such a situation arises, instead of accusing someone of being an agent/broker etc. , the administrator/forum coordinator needs to be appraised of the situation & let the administrator decide on the intent of the accused. This would help in -

a) creating a much more cordial atmosphere for healthy discussions.
b) A member's comment unnecessarily won't get maligned,
c) stopping the , (sometimes) motivated blame game.

2) Storage limit of the private messages can be increased.

3) Whenever, one intends to add a new thread & starts typing on the Title Field , titles of similar content should be visible to him, so that he does not repeat on a previously existing thread.( not sure how this would be implemented , but I think computer techs., would be able to suggest a better solution to the problem)
Read more
284 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Please quote the link of the post u r talking about . I seemed to have missed it .

.....btw, your post was reported of being a Political/Off topic Post .

Rest of the points raised by u have been discussed repeatedly .

If u have a Political comment to make, head to https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/iref%C2%AE-lounge/the-off-topic-forum/indian-politics?f=215 .

Political discussions are not allowed in the main threads . Political bashing in guise of criticizing the Government or Opposition is not allowed .

Originally Posted by Durriewala
    Manoj, while I agree some of my earlier deleted posts could have been construed as being political in tone, however, there have been many completely innocent ones which have had to bear the brunt of your unreasonable heavy handedness.

Being constantly blindsided by your unilateral decisions on what is political and what is not, is no way to keep a constructive debate on, while one is already trying to do his best to play by the rules laid out by you.

I am not even sure what on earth was wrong with the last one. Right now, there are posts among the last few ones, which could be termed political way more than mine was intended to be.

Today's deletion is especially jarring because I was merely responding to another member who accused me of being overtly pessimistic.

I think it is a reasonable request then, that, either you remove that post as well, or delete what you found objectionable/political in mine, and leave the rest of my retort published.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Please quote the link of the post u r talking about . I seemed to have missed it .

.....btw, your post was reported of being a Political/Off topic Post .

Rest of the points raised by u have been discussed repeatedly .

If u have a Political comment to make, head to https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/iref%C2%AE-lounge/the-off-topic-forum/indian-politics?f=215 .

Political discussions are not allowed in the main threads . Political bashing in guise of criticizing the Government or Opposition is not allowed .

Neither have I ever reported any post, for any reason, off topic or political, nor would I ever do so. That's what lowlife snitches do.

I had no political comment to make. I know your rules and abide by them.

Trying to make a political comment knowing you don't allow it, would be I trying to be sneaky. Not my style, and neither do I see any pressing need to do so.

If someone reported my post as political, and you agreed enough to delete it, it is an error in judgment on your part, with all due respect.

As far as whoever reported it, I pity the fact that they must be suffering from intellectual impairment, severe cognitive disorder and lack and integrity, above everything else.

Carry on buddy. Not only does one have to fear the almighty you now, but also folks who would rather "report" a post and a point of view, than challenge and debate it.
    CommentQuote
  • Giving references of Govt. and opposition parties have many times in the past led to full fledged heated debates and Political commentary by many .

Please use appropriate language in the forum .

IREF was put together for people to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way – not bash on someone because you don't like their idea, or because they don't share the same views as you . We are big into the free speech idea here. So you're free to say what you think – but do it in a constructive and positive way. We encourage mature debates – discourage childish arguments . Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated . Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members, along with constructive posting of opinions are essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked . Whilst we encourage healthy disagreement/debate, please maintain respect towards fellow members at all times .

Originally Posted by Durriewala
    Neither have I ever reported any post, for any reason, off topic or political, nor would I ever do so. That's what lowlife snitches do.

I had no political comment to make. I know your rules and abide by them.

Trying to make a political comment knowing you don't allow it, would be I trying to be sneaky. Not my style, and neither do I see any pressing need to do so.

If someone reported my post as political, and you agreed enough to delete it, it is an error in judgment on your part, with all due respect.

As far as whoever reported it, I pity the fact that they must be suffering from intellectual impairment, severe cognitive disorder and lack and integrity, above everything else.

Carry on buddy. Not only does one have to fear the almighty you now, but also folks who would rather "report" a post and a point of view, than challenge and debate it.
    CommentQuote
    Giving references of Govt. and opposition parties have many times in the past led to full fledged heated debates and Political commentary by many .

Please use appropriate language in the forum .

IREF was put together for people to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way – not bash on someone because you don't like their idea, or because they don't share the same views as you . We are big into the free speech idea here. So you're free to say what you think – but do it in a constructive and positive way. We encourage mature debates – discourage childish arguments . Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated . Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members, along with constructive posting of opinions are essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked . Whilst we encourage healthy disagreement/debate, please maintain respect towards fellow members at all times .

Pardon me then, sir. I guess I am not worthy of posting here anymore, because someone else decided so.

I reiterate my stand on propriety and following your rules as much, if not more, than the rest of the folks on your board.

Taking a break brother. Posting without smileys wasn't much fun in any case. :-)

Keep up the good work.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Durriewala
    Pardon me then, sir. I guess I am not worthy of posting here anymore, because someone else decided so.

I reiterate my stand on propriety and following your rules as much, if not more, than the rest of the folks on your board.

Taking a break brother. Posting without smileys wasn't much fun in any case. :-)

Keep up the good work.

Taking a break or not is really up to u .

My advise, don't take such things too seriously . U have made many excellent posts and i do enjoy reading them, but do also try to understand the limitations & boundaries we Moderators r working in .

It is just an matter of keeping yourself in check and not going overboard with the flow of discussions .
    CommentQuote
  • I understand that Political viewpoints can drag any thread to off topic.

But what i don't understand is why important Political facts related to Real estate should be termed as "Political posts".

This is pretty silly.

I recently posted that Congress which originally prepared RE Bill in 2013 did not put any provision for imprisonment for home buyers. The provision for imprisonment for home buyers was injected into the Bill by BJP this year.

All i did was quote from News Article from mentioned link. I don't know why this small fact was termed as Political Post.

I understand that Political discussion can be very troublesome as they usually get off topic and out of hand. But still i would say Staff should be sensible when taking actions. Blindly deleting posts terming them as Political is bad idea.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bharatiya
    I understand that Political viewpoints can drag any thread to off topic.

But what i don't understand is why important Political facts related to Real estate should be termed as "Political posts".

This is pretty silly.

I recently posted that Congress which originally prepared RE Bill in 2013 did not put any provision for imprisonment for home buyers. The provision for imprisonment for home buyers was injected into the Bill by BJP this year.

All i did was quote from News Article from mentioned link. I don't know why this small fact was termed as Political Post.

I understand that Political discussion can be very troublesome as they usually get off topic and out of hand. But still i would say Staff should be sensible when taking actions. Blindly deleting posts terming them as Political is bad idea.

Yes, actually it is silly, but somebody looking to make a Political commentary & in the process forward his political ideology would twist the words (viz.Political facts related to Real estate ), make an inflammatory post which would lead to many responses, some containing inappropriate language and many containing Political bashing and the whole thread then goes wild .

This is a fact and has happened mutiple number of times and because of all this, many valuable members quit the forum or went dormant .

What we r doing is to avoid all this and more .
    CommentQuote
  • I understand all your concerns.

Many people are idiots. They can't even digest little facts if that puts a Political party (which they affiliate to) in bad light. They think there is a conspiracy out there to malign there favorite Political party. Hence they fight back vehemently.

How to make sure that some user is not promoting his Political ideology through cynical nefarious means hidden in posts? Should there be filter for the words Congress and BJP, name of Politicians and their scams etc?

I still don't understand how Staff decides that a particular Post is "forwarding Political ideology".

I personally have no Political affiliations. My opinion is that, all Political parties including BJP, Congress, AAP etc are full of Scoundrels who have no empathy for nation and its interests.
    CommentQuote
    I understand all your concerns.

Many people are idiots. They can't even digest little facts if that puts a Political party (which they affiliate to) in bad light. They think there is a conspiracy out there to malign there favorite Political party. Hence they fight back vehemently.

How to make sure that some user is not promoting his Political ideology through cynical nefarious means hidden in posts? Should there be filter for the words Congress and BJP, name of Politicians and their scams etc?

I still don't understand how Staff decides that a particular Post is "forwarding Political ideology".

I personally have no Political affiliations. My opinion is that, all Political parties including BJP, Congress, AAP etc are full of Scoundrels who have no empathy for nation and its interests.

There r no fixed rules in deciding which Post can cause a Political storm in the thread . It depends on the Moderator concerned and how he feels about it . The general guideline is that any Post with Political comments which can lead to Political bashing and ruin the atmosphere needs to be edited or deleted .

Lets not discuss this anymore, this is not negotiable and has many twists and turns, some of which i cannot put here . We cannot dedicate Moderators for the sole purpose of looking at and deciding on whats political or not as per the whims and fancies of members. There is a designated space in the Forum to discuss Politics .

I would repeat "Political discussions are not allowed in the main threads . Political bashing in guise of criticizing the Government or Opposition is not allowed" .
    CommentQuote
  • You are right.

But i would advice for a little flexibility about deciding whether a post is Political in nature or not. Many users have no intent to promote any "political ideology", but just highlighting a fact. No doubt that some users misunderstand and then problems starts.
    CommentQuote
    You are right.

But i would advice for a little flexibility about deciding whether a post is Political in nature or not. Many users have no intent to promote any "political ideology", but just highlighting a fact. No doubt that some users misunderstand and then problems starts.

With our limited Moderation resources, this is not feasible .
    CommentQuote
    Forum members r mostly smart enough to realize who is promoting what .

For new members & for members who r not so smart, members like u help them get aware .

For us to take any action, we need some direct evidence .

Don't worry, we r watching & would take action at the right time .

Sir, forgive me for my naivety. Many members are NOT smart in my opinion. In general, if people were smart, the Builders wouldn't have taken them for a ride in the first place. Last 5 years is full of Builder fraud and corruption. Attitude of common man is - "Meri Builder ne maar li, main kya karoon?"

People get easily duped by Brochures and promises of sweet homes. After all most of home buyers are common men who don't have a degree in catching lies and understanding frauds. And since India's Justice system is broken, builders operate with impunity as they have no fear of getting caught. Years and Years (even decades) of court battles. Police refusing to file FIRs against builder. Politicians working hand in glove with Builders. What can you expect from this system? Justice is a far cry!

I am not a samaj sewak / social worker. I don't have time to expose Investor/Builder influence on internet. At most i can recognize some of the people with Builder/Broker/Investor influence ...and....report it to Forum staff who can (and should) take necessary action. Of course i can't give you "direct" evidence that so and so person is Broker or some cunning investor who is promoting his own personal interests. I am not a Police office. I can't barge on doors to collect evidence.

But pattern of Investor/Broker influence is remarkable and obvious to detect. Promoting a locality/project/builder "Raat Din, Subah Shaam". Concealing and covering up any bad news/short comings/legal troubles associated with particular locality/project/builder. Attacking members who raise any bad news and short comings about locality/project/builder. Asking Mods to take action against the member who try to expose Investor/Broker interest.

Look at member like rohit_warren. Aggressively promoting BPTP & Neharpar faridabad during peak of RE bubble. Even when serious troubles and signs started to emerge about BPTP. Today he still has Guts to promote BPTP when the Builder is in Gutter. He doesn't even apologize for all the bad advises and predictions he made on the forum all these years.

Then look at Dineshsays a big investor of JP WT. He has guaranteed completion of WT. And there is group of JP cult who worship JP day and night.

Regarding Investor influence. I have sympathy with many investors who put their lifetime saving in a project. Now they have to defend their investments however bad and worthless it well may be. But do they have the right to distort forum to such an extent? The lies and disinfo regarding all this has reached epic proportion. Are Admin and Mods blind that they cannot see all this? Or they want to sit back and allow slugfest among members? That's what's happening in many sections of forum.

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    For new members & for members who r not so smart, members like u help them get aware .

Sir, i am not interested in slugfest and dealing with Investor/Broker influence. I wished forum staff did something about this....long ago. All this influence was allowed to continue for many years. Why? I have no idea.

I am an ordinary man who come for some RE information. I don't have time to battle investor/broker influence. I already have enough headaches due to office work :).

But hypothetically speaking, i should have done two things if i had authority over this place.

1. Ban some well known notorious members related to Investor/Broker/Builder influence ( Admin/Mods also know who they are but waiting for "Direct" evidence to take action).

2. Modify the rules. There needs some kind of rules and at least few dedicated forum staff to deal with investor/broker/builder lobby. Even a couple of smart honest members can do this job. This Forum has rules against Advertising, Spamming, Abusive language, personal attacks etc etc. Why no rules to deal with undue investor/broker influence? These people are hidden in plain site yet staff doesn't act against them.
    CommentQuote
  • U simply r not understanding my point .

Let me try explaining it in some other way . U have been accused of being an MID by several members and u still remain in the forum . What is the reason that u r being allowed to post? ......think on it .

I have seen many Posts praising the member u say is a Broker . So how do we decide ? Promoting a Builder/Project is very subjective and we need to have reasonable proof when we decide to act against somebody .

As i said, we r watching and would act, as & when required .

End of the discussion for me on this topic . If u have anything else to clarify, PM me .

Originally Posted by Bharatiya
    Sir, forgive me for my naivety. Many members are NOT smart in my opinion. In general, if people were smart, the Builders wouldn't have taken them for a ride in the first place. Last 5 years is full of Builder fraud and corruption. Attitude of common man is - "Meri Builder ne maar li, main kya karoon?"

People get easily duped by Brochures and promises of sweet homes. After all most of home buyers are common men who don't have a degree in catching lies and understanding frauds. And since India's Justice system is broken, builders operate with impunity as they have no fear of getting caught. Years and Years (even decades) of court battles. Police refusing to file FIRs against builder. Politicians working hand in glove with Builders. What can you expect from this system? Justice is a far cry!

I am not a samaj sewak / social worker. I don't have time to expose Investor/Builder influence on internet. At most i can recognize some of the people with Builder/Broker/Investor influence ...and....report it to Forum staff who can (and should) take necessary action. Of course i can't give you "direct" evidence that so and so person is Broker or some cunning investor who is promoting his own personal interests. I am not a Police office. I can't barge on doors to collect evidence.

But pattern of Investor/Broker influence is remarkable and obvious to detect. Promoting a locality/project/builder "Raat Din, Subah Shaam". Concealing and covering up any bad news/short comings/legal troubles associated with particular locality/project/builder. Attacking members who raise any bad news and short comings about locality/project/builder. Asking Mods to take action against the member who try to expose Investor/Broker interest.

Look at member like rohit_warren. Aggressively promoting BPTP & Neharpar faridabad during peak of RE bubble. Even when serious troubles and signs started to emerge about BPTP. Today he still has Guts to promote BPTP when the Builder is in Gutter. He doesn't even apologize for all the bad advises and predictions he made on the forum all these years.

Then look at Dineshsays a big investor of JP WT. He has guaranteed completion of WT. And there is group of JP cult who worship JP day and night.

Regarding Investor influence. I have sympathy with many investors who put their lifetime saving in a project. Now they have to defend their investments however bad and worthless it well may be. But do they have the right to distort forum to such an extent? The lies and disinfo regarding all this has reached epic proportion. Are Admin and Mods blind that they cannot see all this? Or they want to sit back and allow slugfest among members? That's what's happening in many sections of forum.

Sir, i am not interested in slugfest and dealing with Investor/Broker influence. I wished forum staff did something about this....long ago. All this influence was allowed to continue for many years. Why? I have no idea.

I am an ordinary man who come for some RE information. I don't have time to battle investor/broker influence. I already have enough headaches due to office work :).

But hypothetically speaking, i should have done two things if i had authority over this place.

1. Ban some well known notorious members related to Investor/Broker/Builder influence ( Admin/Mods also know who they are but waiting for "Direct" evidence to take action).

2. Modify the rules. There needs some kind of rules and at least few dedicated forum staff to deal with investor/broker/builder lobby. Even a couple of smart honest members can do this job. This Forum has rules against Advertising, Spamming, Abusive language, personal attacks etc etc. Why no rules to deal with undue investor/broker influence? These people are hidden in plain site yet staff doesn't act against them.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi

It may sound very elementary but how does one post pics over here.

Thanks in advance
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Seamus
    Hi

It may sound very elementary but how does one post pics over here.

Thanks in advance

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/help?faq=vb3_board_faq
    CommentQuote