I have a few suggestions -

1) While going through different threads of the forum, i have often seen one or more members accusing other members of being brokers or hurdling accusations on each other of trying to influence decisions. I would suggest, that whenever, such a situation arises, instead of accusing someone of being an agent/broker etc. , the administrator/forum coordinator needs to be appraised of the situation & let the administrator decide on the intent of the accused. This would help in -

a) creating a much more cordial atmosphere for healthy discussions.
b) A member's comment unnecessarily won't get maligned,
c) stopping the , (sometimes) motivated blame game.

2) Storage limit of the private messages can be increased.

3) Whenever, one intends to add a new thread & starts typing on the Title Field , titles of similar content should be visible to him, so that he does not repeat on a previously existing thread.( not sure how this would be implemented , but I think computer techs., would be able to suggest a better solution to the problem)
Read more
284 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Please reconsider the capacity of PM's in the inbox & the sent items . Many of us need to empty them twice/thrice in a single day .
    CommentQuote
  • this website should run faster...........
    it should be more user friendly and automatic refresh of the thread.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Please reconsider the capacity of PM's in the inbox & the sent items . Many of us need to empty them twice/thrice in a single day .

Yes, I also second this.

I am clearing my PMs every week still keep on filling with enquiries.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    We definitely need stricter policing of the forum, brokers r going berserk, all over .

MANOJa,

We can "Report post" by pressing button on people's post, the Admin will take necessary on such people.
    CommentQuote
  • Design houses & perceive the interiors

I saw a site, meant to design houses -

Create floor plans, house plans and home plans online with Floorplanner.com

Wondering, if something similar or a scaled down version of this tool in the forum, could be of great help to many members here .
    CommentQuote
  • Just tried it- very friendly and nice user interface :)

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    I saw a site, meant to design houses -

Create floor plans, house plans and home plans online with Floorplanner.com

Wondering, if something similar or a scaled down version of this tool in the forum, could be of great help to many members here .
    CommentQuote
  • Enabling iref for apps like tapatalk

Hi,

I have been a follower of this forum for a very long time and regularly go through a lot of threads. (Builders re bulls theory proved wrong and stock advice being my favorite threads. There hasn’t been a day where I haven't come to this site to view those apart from many others).

However for quite some time I have been using my i to check the emails and the threads much more than using a laptop / desktop. (I rarely check my emails on laptop / desktop now). However checking threads on the is a bit cumbersome as I have to continuously zoom in and out while navigating the threads. One of the other forums I was regularly accessing has enabled itself for tapatalk app which makes it very easy to browse the forums on the .

I was thinking it would be great if iref was also made enabled for tapatalk and similar apps so that we could access it on the go rather than just on the laptops / desktops. I would request the admins to please consider this request.

It seems to be quite simple to integrate.
    Tapatalk Forum App - Empowering Forum Junkies on-the-go

Regards
    Ankur
    CommentQuote
  • Sharing posts on IREF forum

I would like to have feature to share posts on Facebook, twitter, G+ etc, similar to what lot of website have...
    There are lot of good info shared by some senior members here which would also help ppl not on IREF and also help spread the word about IREF....

Thank You :)
    CommentQuote
  • How about a furniture section ? If you buy a home, the next thing to do is buy furniture for the home. Doesn't it deserve a dedicated thread !
    CommentQuote
  • Misuse of Private Messages

PM's are often being used by some Brokers in the forum to attract clients .

PM's could be used in many other way, which is not in the right spirit & may be against IREF rules .

A discontinuation of this facility for all members could be something harsh & may not go well with many .

................but if everybody is aware that strict tabs are being kept on the PM's, this may help in curbing the phenomenon .

CommentQuote
  • Most recent posts should be presented first than the oldest ones.
    CommentQuote
  • Some of these changes are being made. Watch in Announcements forum for changes.

Originally Posted by Vinkum
    Most recent posts should be presented first than the oldest ones.

You can set this yourself in your UserCP.

Click User CP in the navbar above the scrolling text.
    Click Edit Options
    Scroll down to Thread Display Mode, and change it to Linear - Newest First.

That's it!
    CommentQuote
  • Mods should not be allowed to be the active members . Conflict of interests.

Any one not agreeing with their views get suspened or banned.

This should discontinue (if its happening ) and should not happen.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahul2011
    Mods should not be allowed to be the active members . Conflict of interests.

Any one not agreeing with their views get suspened or banned.

This should discontinue (if its happening ) and should not happen.

Disagree. It is important staff is interactive with the community. We will be refining and adjusting our rules on things, and how we deal with appropriately.

Users will be allowed to disagree with staff without fear of a ban - to a mature and respectful degree, of course. More on all this later. :)
    CommentQuote
  • " The Thanks" is being used as -

- In a group - to thank a member/group of members, who r commenting for or against a Builder/Project/individual .

- to make stupid thanks or saying thanks just for the heck of it .

With the kind of interaction, i have been seeing here in this forum, this too, looks to be a negative factor, could promote groupism further & the basic essence of this feature could be lost .

CommentQuote