I have a few suggestions -

1) While going through different threads of the forum, i have often seen one or more members accusing other members of being brokers or hurdling accusations on each other of trying to influence decisions. I would suggest, that whenever, such a situation arises, instead of accusing someone of being an agent/broker etc. , the administrator/forum coordinator needs to be appraised of the situation & let the administrator decide on the intent of the accused. This would help in -

a) creating a much more cordial atmosphere for healthy discussions.
b) A member's comment unnecessarily won't get maligned,
c) stopping the , (sometimes) motivated blame game.

2) Storage limit of the private messages can be increased.

3) Whenever, one intends to add a new thread & starts typing on the Title Field , titles of similar content should be visible to him, so that he does not repeat on a previously existing thread.( not sure how this would be implemented , but I think computer techs., would be able to suggest a better solution to the problem)
Read more
284 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Ok thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Another illustration/ example ( just posted it ) -

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/407853-post2175.html

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Have a look -

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/405972-post1.html

The actual title was - नोएडा, ग्रेटर नोएडा में फ्री होल्ड होगी जमीन, but it came out as, नोएडा, ग्रेटर नोएडा में फ्री होल्ड होगी जम . Some portion of the last word disapperaed mysteriously . This happens quite frequently, but not 100 % of times .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    I am using Google Chrome ( latest version ) .

Hm. Do me a favor. Make the exact thread title again in a new thread for testing, but put a space at the end of the title.

"old title"
    "test title "
    CommentQuote
  • http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/408851-post1.html

Yes, the problem didn't occur this time . As i said, the Problem was random, but had increased from the last few days or so . Maybe, it is fixed now . If it repeats again, would post.

Please delete the TEST THREAD - the above link.

Thanks .

Originally Posted by IGRM
    It seems fixed.
    CommentQuote
  • Well, I changed the character encoding to use one more suitable for multi-language support. Hindi is a multibyte language so it makes some things sorta difficult.

For example, "last post" column on homepage counts bytes, not actual characters - which is why even with this fixed the title is still cut off at just a few characters for these threads.

I'm unsure if I'll be able to fix that but will keep looking into it.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • It seems character set then messed up some other text being posted. I have reverted it back. It will break some Hindi. Please edit and repost as needed.
    CommentQuote
  • I think some issues have cropped up, when u have reverted back .

See the link -

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/409069-post3441.html

Earlier, a part of the last word used to go missing in the title, now the whole post is unreadable .

Originally Posted by Phases
    It seems character set then messed up some other text being posted. I have reverted it back. It will break some Hindi. Please edit and repost as needed.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, it should be back to "normal" now (where only the title breaks). The revert back didn't fix the unreadable stuff, and won't. It is lost. That post was done before the revert back.

:(

There is something buggy here with the encoding.
    CommentQuote
  • When one is looking to attach a JPG, PNG, PDF ( & other formats ) files, many times, files don't upload due to the limits/ restrictions on the size of the file/s .

Can a tool be provided in the forum, which automatically reduces/ increases the size of the file being uploaded to the optimum size & consequently uploads the file ?

Really, not aware, whether implementation of something like this is possible or not .
    CommentQuote
    When one is looking to attach a JPG, PNG, PDF ( & other formats ) files, many times, files don't upload due to the limits/ restrictions on the size of the file/s .

Can a tool be provided in the forum, which automatically reduces/ increases the size of the file being uploaded to the optimum size & consequently uploads the file ?

Really, not aware, whether implementation of something like this is possible or not .

Yes, I think Upload Picture Maximum Height/Width should be 800 x 800 pixel..... current 600 x 600 is very small and not suitable for lot of news clips.

Also Will be better if in reply automatic re-size picture will run only if width is more then 700-800 pixel at this time it is 600 pixel.
    CommentQuote
    When one is looking to attach a JPG, PNG, PDF ( & other formats ) files, many times, files don't upload due to the limits/ restrictions on the size of the file/s .

It's not really the generation where you should be using a separate tool for resizing. Depending on what you are using in the backend, I'm pretty sure there are libraries available that will resize (resolution) & compress (size) a picture automatically rather than the user having to do so. HTML5 should also be able to handle this but only the top 2-3 browsers might support the functionality correctly.

Look at this tool:
    Plupload - A tool for uploading files using Flash, Silverlight, Google Gears, HTML5 or Browserplus "Allows you to upload files using HTML5 Gears, Silverlight, Flash, BrowserPlus or normal forms, providing some unique features such as upload progress, image resizing and chunked uploads.
    "

Or read here :
    javascript - Resizing an image in an HTML5 canvas - Stack Overflow
    CommentQuote
  • I've changed to 800/800 - let's see if that helps.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Phases
    I've changed to 800/800 - let's see if that helps.

Yes this is working for uploaded pictures, now uploading image is allowed to 800x800 and show to system in full 800x800 without resizing....

But if we use IMG LINK for any outside picture then it still resize to 600x600, which is very less as mostly public now use 1024 + resolution.... so can be also change that resizing only if width is more than 800..... See below and analyze what I am saying.

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/mumbai-real-estate/2461-is-this-a-good-time-to-invest-in-mumbai-real-estate?p=117545#post117545 (picture is fine uploaded & not re-sized upto 800x800)

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/426673-post131.html (same picture is re-sized however it is less than 800 pixcel width)
    CommentQuote
  • How's that.. Try now.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Phases
    How's that.. Try now.

Great, Super, Awesome, Fabulous......

Thanks for this great work. :)
    CommentQuote