I have a few suggestions -

1) While going through different threads of the forum, i have often seen one or more members accusing other members of being brokers or hurdling accusations on each other of trying to influence decisions. I would suggest, that whenever, such a situation arises, instead of accusing someone of being an agent/broker etc. , the administrator/forum coordinator needs to be appraised of the situation & let the administrator decide on the intent of the accused. This would help in -

a) creating a much more cordial atmosphere for healthy discussions.
b) A member's comment unnecessarily won't get maligned,
c) stopping the , (sometimes) motivated blame game.

2) Storage limit of the private messages can be increased.

3) Whenever, one intends to add a new thread & starts typing on the Title Field , titles of similar content should be visible to him, so that he does not repeat on a previously existing thread.( not sure how this would be implemented , but I think computer techs., would be able to suggest a better solution to the problem)
Read more
284 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • 10 Latest Posts

Whenever we click at any thread of LEFT HAND FAST Access "10 Latest Posts"... it always goes to FIRST POST of that thread..... but all want to read Latest/Last Reply so every time we have to click LAST PAGE then....

Is it possible that if we click any any thread of LEFT HAND FAST Access "Latest Posts" it automatically go to Last Post / Last Page... in place of First Page / First Post.
    CommentQuote
  • There are lot of log in IDs at IREF which are inactive because of variety of reasons,including persons left the forum,and new IDs created in lieu of banned IDs.
    All such IDs are a burden on resources of IREF.I suggest that any ID which is not used for more than one month should be deleted after giving a warning message.Secondly ,the IDs of members desirous of leaving IREF,can also be deleted in the similar manner.
    CommentQuote
  • I would imagine that will be a difficult thing to do for IREF - the site receives traffic from search engines, and deleting Ids would probably mean deleting the content they added on the site - hence IREF will lose traffic. On IREF, content provided by users is bread and butter.
    CommentQuote
  • I second...

Originally Posted by TAggarwal
    Hello !

Here are my suggestions !

- When we click on latest posts than it is showing only one page . It should also show page 2 , 3 & so on .. Otherwise it is very difficult to read all latest posts..

Special Thanks to management of IREF 4 giving us such a wonderful plateform for sharing information.

I second this. We have to click two times if want to jump on last post in a thread from "latest posts" page. I think this is quite is easy to implement and so should be there.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • I third it. But, I doubt it will be possible to implement because the site runs on a third party forum software. If possible, great!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VIPG2011
    I second this. We have to click two times if want to jump on last post in a thread from "latest posts" page. I think this is quite is easy to implement and so should be there.

Thanks

Ok all. Please see "Latest Posts v2" in the navbar, compare the two, and let me know which you prefer.

:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Phases
    Ok all. Please see "Latest Posts v2" in the navbar, compare the two, and let me know which you prefer.

:)

Nevermind, that shows only unread posts, as you read them they disappear from list.
    CommentQuote
  • When a person reports a post ,he has a right to know about the action taken by the Admin.
    Is it possible to send an action taken report to him?
    CommentQuote
  • I think admin/moderators should keep a regular and close watch on posts of ppl who have come after being banned/suspended and see to it that they are Banned for life if they continue with their rude, offensive, motivated and dangerous behavior because by doing this, they continue to cause Nuisance on their board and prevent any meaningful debate from taking place.

Merely deleting their offensive posts is not the Permanent solution. They need to be dealt with utmost firmness if such ppl don't mend their ways and I would like the Administrators to keep a closest watch on Sonipat/Kundli thread in particular where such pernicious elements abound in plenty.
    CommentQuote
  • I fully agree to the suggestions of Mr.Bullish as I have myself experienced the rudeness, offensive and inappropriate behavior towards fellow members in the Kundli thread
    CommentQuote
  • I request Moderators to go through current and even the posts which have been deleted yesterday of this member who goes by a Colored ID.

He has gone berserk, calling everybody Chor and by other names, all because somebody had the wise sense to bring a news from this area where an investor has been duped by a prominent builder of this area and court has directed police to register a FIR against the builder.

Strict and Urgent action needed.....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mr bullish
    I request Moderators to go through current and even the posts which have been deleted yesterday of this member who goes by a Colored ID.

He has gone berserk, calling everybody Chor and by other names, all because somebody had the wise sense to bring a news from this area where an investor has been duped by a prominent builder of this area and court has directed police to register a FIR against the builder.

Strict and Urgent action needed.....

Noted! We are doing the needful.
    CommentQuote
  • There are many threads with similar names and contents.
    The Bubble May Be Set To Burst Again
    The Bubble will burst
    Has the correction finally arrived?
    Recession in 2013 etc.
    These threads are of interest to everybody.I think, it will be better if all these similar threads are merged into a single sticky thread for better interaction.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Krazy Yuppie
    There are many threads with similar names and contents.
    The Bubble May Be Set To Burst Again
    The Bubble will burst
    Has the correction finally arrived?
    Recession in 2013 etc.
    These threads are of interest to everybody.I think, it will be better if all these similar threads are merged into a single sticky thread for better interaction.

Krazy Yuppie, the issue is that many Bubble/ correction threads r discussing area specific issues & to club them will not be really correct . Like a thread in Pune is talking more about correction in Pune .

Threads which r having generalized discussions on this topic need to be looked at . Again, merging causes so many issues, like break in flow of discussions & IREF is not really inclined towards merging . The option we have is to close some threads & redirect the closed threads to one thread .

We r working on the above .

Thanks for the feedback .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Krazy Yuppie, the issue is that many Bubble/ correction threads r discussing area specific issues & to club them will not be really correct . Like a thread in Pune is talking more about correction in Pune .

Threads which r having generalized discussions on this topic need to be looked at . Again, merging causes so many issues, like break in flow of discussions & IREF is not really inclined towards merging . The option we have is to close some threads & redirect the closed threads to one thread .

We r working on the above .

Thanks for the feedback .

I agree, merging similar threads is not feasible but closing irrelevant and repetitive ones and that too on everyday basis, is the need of the hour.

You fix a broker/paid agent on one and he immediately goes and opens his Shop in a new thread. Need to fix these guys in one place only;)
    CommentQuote