I have a few suggestions -


1) While going through different threads of the forum, i have often seen one or more members accusing other members of being brokers or hurdling accusations on each other of trying to influence decisions. I would suggest, that whenever, such a situation arises, instead of accusing someone of being an agent/broker etc. , the administrator/forum coordinator needs to be appraised of the situation & let the administrator decide on the intent of the accused. This would help in -

a) creating a much more cordial atmosphere for healthy discussions.
b) A member's comment unnecessarily won't get maligned,
c) stopping the , (sometimes) motivated blame game.

2) Storage limit of the private messages can be increased.

3) Whenever, one intends to add a new thread & starts typing on the Title Field , titles of similar content should be visible to him, so that he does not repeat on a previously existing thread.( not sure how this would be implemented , but I think computer techs., would be able to suggest a better solution to the problem)
Read more
Reply
284 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Some members post certain articles without giving source or link.Reading such material gives an impression that the material has been authored by the person posting it.Some persons do it deliberately to show off their writing prowess. I think this tendency need to be curbed.Such posts should be out rightly deleted and person posting it needs a warning.I have recently reported such attempt to Admin.I hope things will be streamlined at the end of Admin.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by IGRM
    Noted! We are doing the needful.


    Just to remind you of needful you promised. One person continues to create nuisance everywhere and nobody is there to stop him.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mr bullish
    Just to remind you of needful you promised. One person continues to create nuisance everywhere and nobody is there to stop him.


    Noted.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by IGRM
    Noted.


    At last some action has been taken.I see two casualities.The thread is revived showing some action but no reaction.I hope proceedings to be smooth this time
    CommentQuote
  • A small suggestion - a number of times I've read some awesome posts that have been liked/appreciated by a lot of people. However it gets difficult to keep track of the message and it gets buried in all other subsequent posts on the thread or the thread losing popularity.

    Would it be possible to retain some of these great posts for self use at a subsequent time some how.

    One way could be to simply pick up posts which have x number of likes and put this in a seperate area (most liked posts or something, which is grouped by city or some other metadata associated with the post)

    Alternatively - I could get a 'Bookmark' this message option so that the message gets added to my list of favorate messages and I can refer to this when I check my profile

    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mr bullish
    I request Moderators to go through current and even the posts which have been deleted yesterday of this member who goes by a Colored ID.

    He has gone berserk, calling everybody Chor and by other names, all because somebody had the wise sense to bring a news from this area where an investor has been duped by a prominent builder of this area and court has directed police to register a FIR against the builder.

    Strict and Urgent action needed.....


    We see some very delayed action on some rogue elements on this forum and by that time they have done some very heavy damage to the essence of this site. Even if they are suspended, they come back after 4-5 days to carry on with their agenda. Some permanent solution needs to be devised for dealing with repeated offenders.
    CommentQuote
  • There is another area of improvement regarding Banned members who always try to sneak back in guise of new IDs and try to vitiate the atmosphere. I understand you block the IP addresses permanently of Banned members but what if some fanatic gets a new ID to hit back with vengeance.

    The modus operandi of such re-born Banned members is simple- they first try to befriend their old friends, gradually target people with whom they had running discord, start casting aspersions themselves and instigate others too to question the modus operandi of even Moderators and extremists among them with even try to embarass Admin by posing uncomfortable queries on even non-issues with the sole intent of rabble-rousing.

    The result is that atmosphere gets vitiated and one has to spend more time tackling their barbs than getting to spend some peaceful and healthy time on better things on this wonderful site.

    Many good contributors have already left this site because of such lumpen elements and many more may if such lumpen activities are not checked. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mr bullish
    There is another area of improvement regarding Banned members who always try to sneak back in guise of new IDs and try to vitiate the atmosphere. I understand you block the IP addresses permanently of Banned members but what if some fanatic gets a new ID to hit back with vengeance.

    The modus operandi of such re-born Banned members is simple- they first try to befriend their old friends, gradually target people with whom they had running discord, start casting aspersions themselves and instigate others too to question the modus operandi of even Moderators and extremists among them with even try to embarass Admin by posing uncomfortable queries on even non-issues with the sole intent of rabble-rousing.

    The result is that atmosphere gets vitiated and one has to spend more time tackling their barbs than getting to spend some peaceful and healthy time on better things on this wonderful site.
    A few elements are really spoiling the atmosphere of the IREF.I have personally felt this and reported to administrators.No action or a lenient view is taken and the things go on unabated.

    Many good contributors have already left this site because of such lumpen elements and many more may if such lumpen activities are not checked. Thanks.
    At on moment of time I was so disgusted and wanted to leave the forum,however some of my friends lightened up my mood and I am continuing but at a slow pace.

    My reply in red
    CommentQuote
  • I think IREF should make a commercial too. I just stumbled upon a commercial from idealista. com which is a property listing site in Spain. Checkout their Ad here -

    "pilladas": nuevo anuncio de idealista — idealista.com/news/

    The message is - "stop sleeping around in cars, and go buy a property to bed ur girls".
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    A small suggestion - a number of times I've read some awesome posts that have been liked/appreciated by a lot of people. However it gets difficult to keep track of the message and it gets buried in all other subsequent posts on the thread or the thread losing popularity.

    Would it be possible to retain some of these great posts for self use at a subsequent time some how.

    One way could be to simply pick up posts which have x number of likes and put this in a seperate area (most liked posts or something, which is grouped by city or some other metadata associated with the post)

    Alternatively - I could get a 'Bookmark' this message option so that the message gets added to my list of favorate messages and I can refer to this when I check my profile

    Cheers


    That or you can use the "add to favorite" link you see at the top right of each post. This allows the system, rather than your internet browser, to keep track of your favorites for you.

    :)

    Originally Posted by Mr bullish
    We see some very delayed action on some rogue elements on this forum and by that time they have done some very heavy damage to the essence of this site. Even if they are suspended, they come back after 4-5 days to carry on with their agenda. Some permanent solution needs to be devised for dealing with repeated offenders.


    As soon as you note these people, report them! We don't see everything, we rely on reported posts by the member base to act as the eyes of the staff, in many regards. Once reported, action is taken pretty swiftly, our current staff is very good at staying on top of reports.

    Originally Posted by Mr bullish
    There is another area of improvement regarding Banned members who always try to sneak back in guise of new IDs and try to vitiate the atmosphere. I understand you block the IP addresses permanently of Banned members but what if some fanatic gets a new ID to hit back with vengeance.

    The modus operandi of such re-born Banned members is simple- they first try to befriend their old friends, gradually target people with whom they had running discord, start casting aspersions themselves and instigate others too to question the modus operandi of even Moderators and extremists among them with even try to embarass Admin by posing uncomfortable queries on even non-issues with the sole intent of rabble-rousing.

    The result is that atmosphere gets vitiated and one has to spend more time tackling their barbs than getting to spend some peaceful and healthy time on better things on this wonderful site.

    Many good contributors have already left this site because of such lumpen elements and many more may if such lumpen activities are not checked. Thanks.


    This is a problem in ALL online communities and there is no real clear cut and foolproof solution. Which is exactly WHY it is a problem in all communities. ;) Again, as soon as you notice something out of the ordinary report it. Yes, we do ban IPs and that helps, but if someone wants back on, they can get back on. Period. No online website can permanently keep away any one person who is determined enough - only beat them out with endurance. Which is something easy to do when you have a committed staff. But we require reports to help identify them if they are using a low-key rouge approach as you described.

    Originally Posted by rovingeye
    I think IREF should make a commercial too. I just stumbled upon a commercial from idealista. com which is a property listing site in Spain. Checkout their Ad here -

    "pilladas": nuevo anuncio de idealista — idealista.com/news/

    The message is - "stop sleeping around in cars, and go buy a property to bed ur girls".


    Lol, wow - what a message.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Phases
    That or you can use the "add to favorite" link you see at the top right of each post. This allows the system, rather than your internet browser, to keep track of your favorites for you.

    :)



    As soon as you note these people, report them! We don't see everything, we rely on reported posts by the member base to act as the eyes of the staff, in many regards. Once reported, action is taken pretty swiftly, our current staff is very good at staying on top of reports.
    I had reported 2 suspect IDs who did exactly the same as I described here but no action taken as yet. I had even caught one red-handed and pointed his mischief but to no effect.

    This is a problem in ALL online communities and there is no real clear cut and foolproof solution. Which is exactly WHY it is a problem in all communities. ;) Again, as soon as you notice something out of the ordinary report it. Yes, we do ban IPs and that helps, but if someone wants back on, they can get back on. Period. No online website can permanently keep away any one person who is determined enough - only beat them out with endurance. Which is something easy to do when you have a committed staff. But we require reports to help identify them if they are using a low-key rouge approach as you described.
    I don't think there is harm in such re-born Banned IDs befriending their old pals again neither there discord with those having contra- views is too much of a problem but the way they try to embarrass Admin by some very useless arguments and drag even Moderators into their dirty net makes the show look quite ugly. I suggest zero-tolerance policy towards such elements. If you want me to name them, I can do it right here or you just have to go to Sonipat/Kundli threads and Suggestions Threads to know who those gentlemen are.


    Lol, wow - what a message.


    My replies are in Bold.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with Bullish Bhai that someone creating nuisance repeatedly should be permanently banned.

    I have to compliment IREF for taking actions swiftly and so responsibly.
    CommentQuote
  • When we ban someone it is because we don't want them here. They aren't "allowed" to make another account. Those should be removed as well. But we must make sure we are correct in our assumptions - we don't want to ban innocent people that may appear to be someone else.

    It's tricky, but manageable. Please continue to report!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Phases
    Disagree. It is important staff is interactive with the community. We will be refining and adjusting our rules on things, and how we deal with appropriately.

    Users will be allowed to disagree with staff without fear of a ban - to a mature and respectful degree, of course. More on all this later. :)


    That is why it is so important to have a pool of moderators to take a collective calls on Ban ,so that any element of bias , however little can be addressed.

    The moderators have earned their right by their contribution to IREF and by their track record, that is my assumption. so we must respect their ability to be take criticism & not be vindictive.

    Ideal way is have a panel of moderators to take important decisions, this will absolutely remove any bias. I believe it is not possible to assume that every one is biased.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bikumatre
    Phases,







    Another reason could also be when family members use the same computer and same internet connections, but have multiple ids. How does one address this situation. should we ban such person because they have 2 different indivduals fromsame family a husband/ wife, a brther / sister, a father/ son etc. using the same family computer and internet connection .
    .

    Same situation happened with me .I am using a shared computer.My brother had an ID at IREF and email address surname was common and similar.Administrator banned my brother.I tried to explain the situation but no body listened.Ultimately my brother left IREF.At some point of time I was also thinking to quit because of other reasons,but good sense prevailed and I am continuing.
    CommentQuote