I have a few suggestions -


1) While going through different threads of the forum, i have often seen one or more members accusing other members of being brokers or hurdling accusations on each other of trying to influence decisions. I would suggest, that whenever, such a situation arises, instead of accusing someone of being an agent/broker etc. , the administrator/forum coordinator needs to be appraised of the situation & let the administrator decide on the intent of the accused. This would help in -

a) creating a much more cordial atmosphere for healthy discussions.
b) A member's comment unnecessarily won't get maligned,
c) stopping the , (sometimes) motivated blame game.

2) Storage limit of the private messages can be increased.

3) Whenever, one intends to add a new thread & starts typing on the Title Field , titles of similar content should be visible to him, so that he does not repeat on a previously existing thread.( not sure how this would be implemented , but I think computer techs., would be able to suggest a better solution to the problem)
Read more
Reply
284 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It's not easy to reliably and 100% correctly identify who in the same house/ip is the same person using two accounts, or two people using the same IP.

    The problem arises when these two accounts start to act in a way that raises red flags.

    When two people use two separate identities to tag team each others posts and pretend to be completely separate entities, hiding that they are "as one" in their motives, it causes red flags.

    Technically they might be different people, but that's no different that me making a thread that says "Cake is better than pie, let's prove it!" then going and getting my wife and brother and kids to come and post after me "Yeah that Phases fella is right, cake IS better than pie!"

    It's manipulating 'opinion' to the unknown reader to bias or skew the viewpoint of the masses. It's not genuine to what we are trying to lead the reader into believing.

    That's not really something we want to condone here either. So, even in this case if they are technically two separate people - they are together working the loophole to accomplish the same thing as if they were the same person.

    If they were TRULY (and by "they", I just mean "they" in general) individual entities, not just technically but also in motive, the red flags wouldn't go up that cause us to look into it and discover there is something weird going on.

    Hope that makes sense. Kinda hard to explain..
    CommentQuote
  • 1) Sticky Threads should be restricted to 2 or 3 & it should be reviewed every week based on replies/views.

    2) Latest posts page should be further increased as sometimes it covers only 2 hours postings.

    3) New member should be allowed to create new thread only after minimum number of postings say 25 . I have noticed that new members are creating new threads without going thru existing threads...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TAggarwal
    1) Sticky Threads should be restricted to 2 or 3 & it should be reviewed every week based on replies/views.

    2) Latest posts page should be further increased as sometimes it covers only 2 hours postings.

    3) New member should be allowed to create new thread only after minimum number of postings say 25 . I have noticed that new members are creating new threads without going thru existing threads...


    1) Don't disagree in most cases. We should stay on top of sticky threads to ensure only current, up to date, and required ones remain active.

    2) Increased greatly.

    3) Hm. Let us think on this one. Making the choice to alter things that discourage posting is something that requires discussion between IGRM and I.

    Thanks :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Phases
    1) Don't disagree in most cases. We should stay on top of sticky threads to ensure only current, up to date, and required ones remain active.

    2) Increased greatly.

    3) Hm. Let us think on this one. Making the choice to alter things that discourage posting is something that requires discussion between IGRM and I.

    Thanks :)


    1) Front page ( Gurgaon Forum ) has become boring with too many sticky threads & no postings for weeks in some of these threads .

    2) Thanks for accepting & already implementing my proposal .

    3) I have noticed this rule in other forums . This will avoid duplicate threads...
    CommentQuote
  • I would like to see if the quality of the posts can be improved somehow.

    Couple of things which can be done:

    A. Set minimum words for a post.
    B. Poster can post in the same thread only after waiting for 2 mins or he has to edit his last post.

    I have not gone through this whole thread so not sure if these have been spoken about before.
    CommentQuote
  • Please increase limit on photo size etc. We many times do not post a photo just because of this.
    Go look at bcmtouring.com.
    CommentQuote
  • We are trying to maintain a fair limit in file size usage. It is fairly easy to resize and optimize photos in editing software, like gimp for example:

    GIMP - Downloads

    Are you referring to dimension limitations or actual filesize on disk?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Dear Admin,

    Apart from moderator, IREF should appoint some volunteers to report spam. There is lot of postS you can see with mail id and numbers. MODERATORS are so busy and not able to scan each and every post.
    CommentQuote
  • I am referring to size 800X800.
    I have the software but I also know the Hard disks are the cheapest thing in servers while information is most valuable. Come on.... Increase the limit and let people share more freely. It is good for the users, better for visitors and probably makes a business sense too.

    Originally Posted by Phases
    We are trying to maintain a fair limit in file size usage. It is fairly easy to resize and optimize photos in editing software, like gimp for example:

    GIMP - Downloads

    Are you referring to dimension limitations or actual filesize on disk?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jeetcp
    I am referring to size 800X800.
    I have the software but I also know the Hard disks are the cheapest thing in servers while information is most valuable. Come on.... Increase the limit and let people share more freely. It is good for the users, better for visitors and probably makes a business sense too.


    That is in place because when they are embedded into posts it breaks the template, if I remember correctly.

    Do they really need to be greater than 800 X 800?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by khotasikka
    Hi Dear Admin,

    Apart from moderator, IREF should appoint some volunteers to report spam. There is lot of postS you can see with mail id and numbers. MODERATORS are so busy and not able to scan each and every post.


    We rely on users to report this! If you see something like the such, please click the report button on the post. That is why it is there :)
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Moderator / adminstrator,

    would request the following :

    1. Just as there is a separate thread for bad infra for a city , there should be another thread for good infra . Many would prefer to know what good things and bad things are happening & hence clubbing everything under news does not make sense.

    2. If possible iref should look at sorting of threads based on :
    a) builders
    b) areas ( like dew, gcx, gcr etc. etc )
    c) sectors
    d) launched / prelaunched / resale etc.

    etc. etc.

    This will make it easier for everyone.
    CommentQuote
  • Homepage should be more colorful ....not only white and orange colors.
    CommentQuote
  • Orange colour always give me feelings of Sadhu ji / Shiv sena / Orange county (IN Indirapuram) .....etc etc.

    Other issue -- other people easily understand that I am enjoying on net in office (So can't use more during office hours.

    Not kidding -- Really serious --- Visualise my situation please, then try to help me
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kinjalchato
    Dear Moderator / adminstrator,

    would request the following :

    1. Just as there is a separate thread for bad infra for a city , there should be another thread for good infra . Many would prefer to know what good things and bad things are happening & hence clubbing everything under news does not make sense.

    2. If possible iref should look at sorting of threads based on :
    a) builders
    b) areas ( like dew, gcx, gcr etc. etc )
    c) sectors
    d) launched / prelaunched / resale etc.

    etc. etc.

    This will make it easier for everyone.



    Regarding Point No 1 - Having 2 many threads active which r feeding news leads to duplicity of posts . For example, most of the news posted in this thread https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/49084-sohna-road-gurgaon-future-prospects?t=50797 is already posted in GGN part of the forum .


    One may re post an article if required, but having different threads for News ( which is leading to repeated duplicity of posts ) is not desirable . Also, many threads on News topics ( many with the same News ) could cause some confusion for First time visitors/ Guests .
    CommentQuote