I just saw my Rep power as Red.

So the new system really works!! And probably it work the way myself, Manoja and few more people suspected.
Read more
80 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by gharondabhai
    I just saw my Rep power as Red.

So the new system really works!! And probably it work the way myself, Manoja and few more people suspected.

:D :D .... This is unexpected... BTW why someone is against your views, can not understand........ with this way everyone will be going to be in RED ;).

Simplicity is the BEST, Make IREF simple.... More Checks means more misuse, as it's most aggressive Indian psychology....
    CommentQuote
  • Do you get to see how you could manage this? 10 -ve points how and by whom. Never tried the rep power system. so curious
    CommentQuote
  • G.aronda Bhai... Mubarak ho... ab to aapki bhi laal se hari ho gai:D

so you will now enjoy celebrating Lohri
    CommentQuote
  • One negative factor of the new system - Members who call a spade a spade & speak only facts ( maybe hard hitting & opposite to the sentiments of the majority ) get negative ( RED ) reputations .

There r many examples currently & i am not taking any names here .

The above means that members who like to speak the truth ( however hard hitting it may be ) would be gradually forced to sing an different tune & they would be left with no other option, except sing tune of the majority opinion .

CommentQuote
  • ...............also, many members who may be having positive ( GREEN ) in their reputations currently would need to think, before putting comments, which r different from, what most r agreeing the forum .

The end result could be that facts/truth suffers & so would the members who fight for highlighting them & we could land up with an system, where only RED & GREEN matter, facts/truth goes down the drain . Off course, there would be many members, who would care two hoots on the REDS, but would keep on supporting facts, but is this justified ???

I know, there would be arguments & counter arguments to what i am saying, but this does not change the fact of the matter .
    CommentQuote
  • I have been quite inactive with IREF in last month and am seeing a helluva of changes on the website.

Am totally impressed with what the admin has been doing proactively of late.

Grading system definitely seems to be a better way of evaluation but it too has its cons.

This is the start, lets see how it goes.
    CommentQuote
  • What happens to the reputation of many members ( Veterans, Seniors, Members etc. ), who log in IREF occasionally, but give valuable comments ( LOL:D, i do not fall in the category of people logging in once in a while ).

Reputations of such members would always be kind of low, because of their not so frequent participation in the discussions .

As i said, many members would not be bothered about their reputations .

.............but, is the grading system not being somewhat unfair to these members ?
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, i agree MM Bhai, this is the start & let's see, how it goes .

.............but i see no harm in discussing, what we feel could be the ills of the new system . Maybe, IREF finds solutions for all these issues ( some of the issues being discussed may be just fears & some may actually be relevant ) & this might help IREF to review & correct & upgrade the new system .

On a different note, MM Bhai, aap aak kal forum mein dikhtay nahin hain . many guys ( including me ) miss your valuable posts .

Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    I have been quite inactive with IREF in last month and am seeing a helluva of changes on the website.

Am totally impressed with what the admin has been doing proactively of late.

Grading system definitely seems to be a better way of evaluation but it too has its cons.

This is the start, lets see how it goes.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa

On a different note, MM Bhai, aap aak kal forum mein dikhtay nahin hain . many guys ( including me ) miss your valuable posts .

Manoj bhai,
    I hope to spend more time in due course, but am amazed to see the number of new members and changes IREF has made.
    CommentQuote
  • I'm perfectly good with discussion :) If it is shown the system is not a good fit for this community, it can easily be removed. If it works itself out and turns out mostly reliable, that will be okay too. :)

We will give it a few more days, lots and lots are using it so far, not too bad of a response. Let's let the excitement wear off and see how it appears to work.

There are settings I can tweak, also. But, please be sure to give me your feedback, either here, the other thread, or PM. Let me know if you like it or don't like it one way or another.
    CommentQuote
  • MANOJa Bhai,

I agree with you. Infact, I voiced the same concern in one of my post in other thread. But, Admin explained the practical problem. Reposting the same below:

Dear IGRM/Admin,

A small suggestion. IREF has been in existance for quite a long time now !!!!!

Some members such as MANOJa/Fritlo/BlessU/Saurabh/Gharondabhai etc. etc. has contributed immensely in past to this forum !!!!!!!

In new system their contribution is not at all reflected !!!!!!

In my opinion, their contribution to IREF must be acknowledged in incorporated in new system !!!!!!!

Rather then starting from sratch, I would request you to evaluate their contibution and reflect accordingly in New Reputation System !!!!!!!!

Thanks !!!!!!!

DP

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    What happens to the reputation of many members ( Veterans, Seniors, Members etc. ), who log in IREF occasionally, but give valuable comments ( LOL:D, i do not fall in the category of people logging in once in a while ).

Reputations of such members would always be kind of low, because of their not so frequent participation in the discussions .

As i said, many members would not be bothered about their reputations .

.............but, is the grading system not being somewhat unfair to these members ?
    CommentQuote
  • commener Bhai, had missed on your post . Just read it, but my post means something different .

Would request u to reread it . I am not looking for any sort of acknowledgment of Veterans in the new system . Most of us r contributing here, because we have an passion for RE & IREF provides an perfect platform for us to share our views & learn from others & not for any sort of acknowledgments .
    CommentQuote
  • Dear IGRM/Admin,

What I see on this thread is nothing but discussion on grading system !!!!!!!

Infact, there is no need for this separate thread and it can be merged with the threads started by YOU or by Zohaib 2012 !!!!!!!!

Many threads(three at present) on the same topic, does not make sense !!!!!!!

It becomes difficult to keep track and continuity is also lost in the process !!!!!!!

Thanks !!!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Phases
    I'm perfectly good with discussion :) If it is shown the system is not a good fit for this community, it can easily be removed. If it works itself out and turns out mostly reliable, that will be okay too. :)

We will give it a few more days, lots and lots are using it so far, not too bad of a response. Let's let the excitement wear off and see how it appears to work.

There are settings I can tweak, also. But, please be sure to give me your feedback, either here, the other thread, or PM. Let me know if you like it or don't like it one way or another.

Hello Phases,
    The system looks better than before but there are many people with multiple IDs and groups working together who can take advantage of this grading system.
    CommentQuote
  • I had expressed similar kind of apprehensions earlier .

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/general-real-estate-discussion/183-rent-or-buy?p=25#post183

Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    Hello Phases,
    The system looks better than before but there are many people with multiple IDs and groups working together who can take advantage of this grading system.
    CommentQuote