Instead of making the user experience better, this update has made everything worse

1. It looks like a bulletin board out of the 90s now.
2. Everything is too bright and my eyes start hurting within a few minutes.
3. Liking a post has become meaningless. Likes given/received are not shown with the username and it looks like previously given likes have been erased.
4. There is no way to reach the first unread post of a thread directly

Read more
131 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I had this link bookmarked - "https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum_index.php". This would on a single page show me the most recent posts across multiple cities.
    Since yesterday, this link has stopped working.

Is there an equivalent link for the new site ? Pretty tedious to go to to each city individually and look for recent posts.
    CommentQuote
  • guys if you dont revert back ..i might have to leave this forum... you guys made every thing worse....
    cant find any thing i am used to... and its too bright for forum
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • TiWi3 years ago
      @TruthSeeker1 I understand your concern, we have added a few new features, everyone will take time to gel with it. I guess brightness is resolved now. Let us know what more issues you are facing, we will try to resolve those on priority.
  • New Design sucks. 100% agree. Font size is too small. There is too much brightness. Forum looks white. Tiresome to browse pages of thread. Why NCR menu is not on the top? Please provide option to choose previous theme.

Online/Offline marker which was earlier Green/Red was okay. But now what is this Blue/Grey ring at the bottom?

Why search bar is removed from sections? Earlier it was convenient to search sections and posts. How to so Advanced search now?

In notifications, it shows updates on posts of subscription threads. Why am i automatically subscribed to some threads? Does making post in any thread will automatically subscribe me to that thread and i will get notifications of posts? This is needless burden. I only want notification for Quotes, Private messages and Likes.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • TiWi3 years ago
      Forum brightness issue has been resolved. Please give us some time to resolve other issues.
      We appreciate your feedback, all the other issues are marked on priority.
  • Some suggestions to fix issue of brightness. Notice the Grey Bar that separate Posts and Quote Boxes that contains Quoted content. These should be turned more grey. Presently the entire content of page is pretty much white. The Grey sections which separate content should be little more darker in shade.

Default font size should also be increased slightly. Also fix advanced search and make it available on top of each section as before. My suggestion based on analyzing previous version of forum.

http://web.archive.org/web/201509110...ani-21997.html

Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • TiWi3 years ago
      Hey, noted this suggestion as well.
  • Tapatalk does not work anymore. All the subscribed links and shortcuts are showing URL moved/ not availlable
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by southsea
    I had this link bookmarked - "https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum_index.php". This would on a single page show me the most recent posts across multiple cities.
    Since yesterday, this link has stopped working.

Is there an equivalent link for the new site ? Pretty tedious to go to to each city individually and look for recent posts.

Same here, better is to start this.
    CommentQuote
  • Yupp, tapatalk doesnt work. How come? I thought in India mobile adoption of internet is very high. Then how come people are still using this site? During office hours I can only access through my phone. If tapatalk doesnt work, I will not use this forum, atleast not as frequently as I used to.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by revhappy
    Yupp, tapatalk doesnt work. How come? I thought in India mobile adoption of internet is very high. Then how come people are still using this site? During office hours I can only access through my phone. If tapatalk doesnt work, I will not use this forum, atleast not as frequently as I used to.

We are working on resolving this issue . It might take some time .

Please bear with us till then .
    CommentQuote
  • Trying to make this forum look like modern social media site has failed.
    Most of the users are not that tech savvy so using a simple design even from old school would serve the purpose.
    The backend can be modernised using connectivity options for Twitter fb etc etc but front end should look clean as before.
    CommentQuote
  • You might want to do some User acceptance testing before doing something like this.

Very clearly the design is bad compared to the older one.

Please consider a roll back.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Trying to make this forum look like modern social media site has failed.
    Most of the users are not that tech savvy so using a simple design even from old school would serve the purpose.
    The backend can be modernised using connectivity options for Twitter fb etc etc but front end should look clean as before.

The average age of users here must be around 35 unlike the social media sites littered with tweens. By this age, people become less accommodating and more demanding. Also, this forum is for a serious topic. So functionality should take precedence over aesthetics.
    CommentQuote
  • I am surprised that it takes so long to resolve the issue. Luckily for your backend team this is not a finance and banking site. Otherwise it would be mayhem.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TiWi

This is how you can go to first unread post of a thread

Thanks for pointing that out. It is a highly useful feature.

Please consider increasing the number of threads displayed at a time from 10 to atleast 20 so that we don't have to keep clicking on "next page" frequently.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123
    Points;
    The first page opens out and it is time consuming to go to last page.
    Likes need to be displayed for each member
    The new design some how does not appeal.

True thisis very frustrating .

CommentQuote
  • I didnt get notification for like or quoted text.. May be this issue is already notified..Navigation to last page of a thread is also tedious..
    CommentQuote