V v pretty site.

Only functionality is missing. Rest is too pretty.
Read more
246 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Now with the new IREF forum, how do I identify read/unread threads?
    CommentQuote
  • First of all thank you for those soothing words @raabta ! I have been receiving so many good reviews and appreciation messages from many of the members about the fantastic UI and UX. All credits to the hands behind this product, Design and Development Team.

We are testing this with small percentage of random users, not everyone will see this interface in the testing period. Also, this testing is being done on Minimal Viable Product, once we are sure that all of the community members are liking this, we will start rolling this out to more number of users. Will keep on improving product experience by adding new features. You won't find each and every feature here, only minimal required functionalities are added for the testing phase.

I expect your co-operation during this time. Let us know how is the experience with this new product, how is the UI or any bug if you come across. Let me be clear, bugs and missing features are totally different topics to be discussed, right now we are more focusing on resolving bugs (if any). Would like to hear more from everyone who has got an opportunity to go through this new product. I hope you would like our efforts.
    CommentQuote
  • Absolutely.

My input : Page should be full width for desktop
    Last page option should always be there.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Manoj20122 years ago
      True...... width of the page in new interface is too narrow

On opening any thread ..... by default sort by Oldest comes .... where as it should be sort by Latest as default value.
  • Where is the Multi-Quote functionality ........ ??
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Everyone,

I noticed new web-design of IREF. Design is very good. Please keep sharing your feedback as well.

CommentQuote
  • Sir,

The new UI is very confusing and not user friendly.

Request revert back to older version.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123
    Sir,

The new UI is very confusing and not user friendly.

Request revert back to older version.

Can u comment in detail ?..........what exactly is confusing & what is not user friendly ?

Would help us to analyze and improve the new UI .
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • vaibav1232 years ago
      Everything is clutterred.
      wehn you log in and go posts of your interest,it shows posts even 5 years old.
      Navigation to latest posts is confusing.May be I am not too computer savvy.
  • Originally Posted by Manoj2012
    Where is the Multi-Quote functionality ........ ??

So except missing Multi Quote facility, is everything else perfect or good enough ?

If u have any more issues ( maybe insignificant ), please do post, it would help us in reaching near to a perfect UI .

CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • sudhashbahu2 years ago
      How to go to unread posts for a thread instead of starting from the first page? The old UI had the double right arrow
  • Originally Posted by aashishsahra
    Hello Everyone,

I noticed new web-design of IREF. Design is very good. Please keep sharing your feedback as well.

Great, u find it perfect . If u see any issues, do post .

Thanks for the feedback .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raabta
    V v pretty site.

Only functionality is missing. Rest is too pretty.

Thanks for the feedback . Many Guys have toiled real hard for achieving this & the final product would hopefully take care of most of the concerns .
    CommentQuote
  • Hey guys.. good effort and the new UI looks good.
    There are certain some improvements can be made...
    1) Easy access.. I saw there are notifications with the bell sign and it was very difficult to figure out the latest message and I am not sure of the order. This has to be improved
    2) When a response is made by Quote, there is no color distinction to the new response and the old quoted response and you had to look through the whole text to figure out the new text
    3) It should not go to the first post and should rather go to the last post and there should be a last page / first page button
    4) Many of the threads in the forum have just evolved over 4 to 5 years and have no bearing to the old first thread and there is no need to show the first discussion of the thread at the top as it is confusing..

These are some points I noted down.. but I think there will be some negative comments when you make the transition, but guys it should be great.. Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sharpj
    Hey guys.. good effort and the new UI looks good.
    There are certain some improvements can be made...
    1) Easy access.. I saw there are notifications with the bell sign and it was very difficult to figure out the latest message and I am not sure of the order. This has to be improved
    2) When a response is made by Quote, there is no color distinction to the new response and the old quoted response and you had to look through the whole text to figure out the new text
    3) It should not go to the first post and should rather go to the last post and there should be a last page / first page button
    4) Many of the threads in the forum have just evolved over 4 to 5 years and have no bearing to the old first thread and there is no need to show the first discussion of the thread at the top as it is confusing..

These are some points I noted down.. but I think there will be some negative comments when you make the transition, but guys it should be great.. Cheers

Thanks for the feedback . Hopefully, the final product would take care of most of the concerns of our users .

If u do come across any more issues, please do post .
    CommentQuote
  • Both versions (new and old) should open, as it may take some time to get familiar with the newer version.
    In newer version, latest post link should be highlighted.
    CommentQuote
  • One more comment

The url's in the comment section are not hyperlinked. I have not checked it a post. I think you should think of hyperlinking the url so that the user can go directly to the page from the url link

Example @manoja post for the feedback post cannot be reached by clicking on the link now

CommentQuote
  • How do I identify read/unread threads?
    CommentQuote