Housing Acquiring IREF

Last updated: January 31 2017
186 | Posts
28625 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing Acquiring IREF

Is this News is good News or Bad News for the Members?
    Last edited March 26 2015, 07:23 PM.
    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Re : Housing Acquiring IREF

Good news now I am expecting some good moves

Comment

I am not sure that housing bears will be tolerated if broker owns the forum.

Broker was one of the worst names people used to call each other in this forum.
      Last edited March 26 2015, 07:24 PM.
      Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

I dont want to be a member of a commercially oriented forum.

In all probability all ids will be compromised along with email ids, etc to a commercial forum making it easy for the pathetic builders like BPTP, Raheja, 3C, Parsavnath, ERA, Landmark, PAL, Orris, Triveni, Earth, Spire, etc

There have earlier been instances wherein legal notices alone were sufficient to scare indianrealestateforum owners and remove the genuine threads with grievances.

While Indian realestate forum may have made money, the real essence and spirit remains with us who contribute selflessly.

These may be few of my last posts on the forum.

BYE BYE

Cheers
        Last edited March 26 2015, 07:33 PM.

Comment

All the talk about neutral discussion forum up in dust.
          This might have been the biggest case of shit being sold as gold.

Bye bye iref.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessU View Post
            Hi
            Greetings

Absolutely.. I dont want to be a member of a commercially oriented forum.

In all probability all ids will be compromised along with email ids, etc to a commercial forum making it easy for the pathetic builders like BPTP, Raheja, 3C, Parsavnath, ERA, Landmark, PAL, Orris, Triveni, Earth, Spire, etc

There have earlier been instances wherein legal notices alone were sufficient to scare indianrealestateforum owners and remove the genuine threads with grievances.

While Indian realestate forum may have made money, the real essence and spirit remains with us who contribute selflessly.

These may be few of my last posts on the forum.

BYE BYE

Cheers
            True!!!

"If they are not selling something to you, then they are selling you to someone!!!"

I am sure that the unimaginative blokes at housing.com will come up with the bright idea of selling user data to marketers/advertisers and hide this fact under some complicated privacy policy which will be updated every 6 months. On top of that, they will sell this "strategy" to investors and claim themselves to be a big-data startup.

The fact that IREF used to provide transparent and unbiased opinions was because of its users. Now that housing.com has bought it over, both the transperancy and the unbiased opnions will be questioned.

housing.com should first work on improving its own website and provide something new when compared to the likes of 99acres, magicbricks, commonfloor. Using VC money routed through the APAC region has become like a loop-hole for foreign money to enter into sectors where FDI is not allowed.

A LOT ...i mean A LOT of posts on housing.com for apartments on rent are just bait and switch posts. you cannot the broker and then he will tell you that, that apartment has just been rented out (how convenient) but they have a different one to show you. last year, the apartment we rented out was on housing.com for more than 2 months after moving in when it was clearly out of the market once we paid the deposit...so thats a total of 3 months.

And I am not sure of the business model of propequity, but the propequity founder comes on NDTV property every day to provide "unbiased" recommendations. Earlier, I was amazed that how can a property show be telecast every single day of the week. I soon found out that it was nothing more than an advertorial. Some callers call in with their queries, that Samir Jasuja from propequity throws some random data at them and the recommendation 95% of time is a GO AHEAD. Also, i think they are using the just dial model where along with the project in contention, they also provide names of 2-3 other projects in the same category with a GO AHEAD.

There is no disclaimer whatsoever on what kind of compensation the expert and NDTV are receiving for these words of wisdom. I am sure it must be hidden somewhere in font size 1 in the credits, but it is not obvious!

And this is where the conflict of interest lies. housing.com is not known for the sophistication of its management for sure. One of the founders has been booked for negligent driving leading to death of his co-passengers and the other one is stupid enough to write emails to VCs asking them not to poach his employees. Why not "engage" your employees so that they do not leave your company? Also they are your employees not your slaves!! And lastly, your employees leaving your company is YOUR problem, not the problem of the companies they are heading to!! I think every enterprenuer blindly acts like Zuck or Steve Jobs and try to rationalize their arrogance and their stupidity.

the fact that traditionally all media in india is favoring builders, even housing.com will pander to the needs of the builders and developers as thats where the real money is. I shudder at the thought of what would happen, if somebody posts something negative on this forum who is a housing.com partner...like tata homes for example.

I learnt a lot from this forum and its members, but now i guess its time to say BYE BYE!!!
            If i was interested in paid news and views, I would read the times of india!!!

Comment

We already receive SMS from developers

Wts guarantee dat not already shared?

Comment

Originally posted by attestedcopy View Post
                I learnt a lot from this forum and its members, but now i guess its time to say BYE BYE!!!
                If i was interested in paid news and views, I would read the times of india!!!
                Good point.

I started reading IREF sometimes in 2011-12 when I was under pressure to buy RE because a) everybody needs a home to live in and b) because prices were rising every day. However, somewhere I was not sure that these prices are for real. I started looking on the internet for other like minded people who thought this was a bubble and ended up here. This blog gave me the assurance that there is indeed a bubble and thankfully I did not buy then.

Joined IREF later and had a lot of fights with the bull - documented in the Gurgaon bubble burst thread and I made the prediction that RE prices will not be up more than 50% from the 2011-2012 peak even by 2020 whereas Nifty will triple from the Jan 2014 level of 6000 and reach 18,000 by 2020.

Though 2020 is 5 years away but I guess the bubble is burst now and investing in equities (I went all-in after Modi win) is looking like a better decision compared to RE. Hence, I don't write as much as I used to. I still look forward to the posts of members like Venky regarding the future direction of various asset classes. So I will hang around if members like Venky do but even if I leave, there is not much I will miss hopefully.

Comment

Change is part of life.
                  Today IREF has been purchased by Housing.com
                  Tomorrow housing.com may itself be purchased/taken over by some other entity.
                  Database of users will also go into hands of new buyer.
                  Probably IREF should give option of user to opt out without letting email ids and other information of user also being handed to another entity.
                  Phases and IGRM should consider this opt out possibility.
                  All this is part and parcel of commerce and business.

Comment

Who were the owners of the forum? Any clues? It was setup in 2006, and would have come a long way in the past 9 years.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X