To the best of my knowledge IREF is the best forum to discuss real estate issues, in depth analysis of property and benefit to new investors to minimize possibility of getting cheated up by nexus of builders & brokers !!

But highly surprised to see a new approach on this site means one or two guys of a particular project trying to divert the investors by joining their group on facebook etc (surprised why they are doing so when separate thread is available for almost every project !! ) ....actually it is very easy to convince / mould members of a small group :)
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I agree with your views Derek Bhai .

Infact there is one more issue I noticed . We all are here to express and share our views freely and get advice on it , but there are some elements who try to stop a participant from writing any thing that can hamper their sales prospect and even it is clearly visible to all of us Admins/Moderators are non responsive towards them .

Often it is investor who faces the problems and has no one to hear it , so he can come at IREF for being consoled and get to learn from experiences of other members .

In one instance , I saw participants being bullied openly as what they were saying was not in favor of that project and No action was taken against one who was doing it . How can we expect people to come up for telling what wrong happened to them if they are being stopped or threatened . Builders will do anything to stop unfavorable things from being shared .

Admins/Mods - We are here as we find this platform unbiased and transparent , but these kind of instances may hit the credibility of this forum itself . Please ensure that every one gets freedom to express and share what he thinks and any person/entity who is trying to stop it should be banned from this forum .
    CommentQuote
  • Please mail your grievances with links & details to admin(at)indianrealestateforum.com or report all such posts or send a PM to Admin. on any perceived wrong actions of Moderators or any other issues you may have .

Please note that Moderators are neither paid nor employed by IREF . They are independent members volunteering their time to ensure that IREF provides a valuable service . Also, our Admins and moderators are not here to cast blame or choose sides . We can't be expected to research the pros and cons of your personal arguments with one another . We prefer that forum reputation be based on your commentary and dialogue on the issues of importance to all of us .

Originally Posted by joyroy
    I agree with your views Derek Bhai .

Infact there is one more issue I noticed . We all are here to express and share our views freely and get advice on it , but there are some elements who try to stop a participant from writing any thing that can hamper their sales prospect and even it is clearly visible to all of us Admins/Moderators are non responsive towards them .

Often it is investor who faces the problems and has no one to hear it , so he can come at IREF for being consoled and get to learn from experiences of other members .

In one instance , I saw participants being bullied openly as what they were saying was not in favor of that project and No action was taken against one who was doing it . How can we expect people to come up for telling what wrong happened to them if they are being stopped or threatened . Builders will do anything to stop unfavorable things from being shared .

Admins/Mods - We are here as we find this platform unbiased and transparent , but these kind of instances may hit the credibility of this forum itself . Please ensure that every one gets freedom to express and share what he thinks and any person/entity who is trying to stop it should be banned from this forum .
    CommentQuote
  • Manoj Bhai , I am neither criticising nor complaining for Admins/Mods .
    As a member I am just trying to put forward a humble suggestion so that we can make this forum more productive . Soul of this platform has been its openness and objective to bring forward hidden points .
    I see this forum as a great effort and want it to continue with the essences , it was created .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by joyroy
    Manoj Bhai , I am neither criticising nor complaining for Admins/Mods .
    As a member I am just trying to put forward a humble suggestion so that we can make this forum more productive .
    Soul of this platform has been its open ness and objective to bring forward hidden points .
    I see this forum as a great effort and want it to continue with the essences , it was created .

Thanks for the suggestion .

............but if u could pinpoint, as to where u feel we r going wrong ( through a PM or mail ), Admin. can look at it & maybe, take some actions . U have in your earlier post said that u have often seen participants getting bullied & no action being taken against the one who is bullying here . Reporting such posts is something which can be done at your end & if no action is taken by the Moderators, u can always write to Admin. & i am sure, they would resolve the issue or offer an explanation .

Yes, this is a great forum because of it is one of its kind & it provides a platform for everybody to gain some knowledge & also share one's views/knowledge/information, thereby helping others to gain too . Our members with their varied experience are an asset & the Forum is able to retain & increase its loyal membership because of the commitment of the Admin. to provide a platform which is free & fair .

CommentQuote

Thanks joy bhai !! I am also new to this site but within a short span I noticed and may analysed the efforts of web team for providing useful and valuable input to investors is really praiseworthy.

I do agree with your every word except some different view (its entirely different pls don't feel it is against) as far as moderator point is concerned...as on today this site handles a huge volume of data consisting property in so many cities and that too further categorised properties of a particular city !! Practically it is very difficult for any site moderator to check each & every comment, If I am correct then readers among us should share his burden by pointing out such elements. hope am able to clear my views.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by derek111
    Thanks joy bhai !! I am also new to this site but within a short span I noticed and may analysed the efforts of web team for providing useful and valuable input to investors is really praiseworthy.

I do agree with your every word except some different view (its entirely different pls don't feel it is against) as far as moderator point is concerned...as on today this site handles a huge volume of data consisting property in so many cities and that too further categorised properties of a particular city !! Practically it is very difficult for any site moderator to check each & every comment, If I am correct then readers among us should share his burden by pointing out such elements. hope am able to clear my views.

Well said & if members start reporting all illegal posts, our task would be much easier & we would have a much healthier, cleaner & fairer forum .
    CommentQuote
  • This forum gives members (a fair amount of) freedom to speak their mind about everything related to real estate. We haven't the manpower nor the desire to read into every debate and try to get to the bottom of who said what and who is lying, etc etc. This is for the members to decide. Sure, if it's obvious, great - but we're not going to investigate everything.

The key is, when debating these things and standing up for what you believe, is to do it respectfully.

Please accept that this platform may allow for things you do not agree with to be said. Please feel free to offer usability suggestions and periodic thoughts on improvisations.

Information is posted in real time on IREF. We have no 24x7 system to monitor each and every word on the forum. But as soon as such violations are spotted or reported, we promptly eliminate such forum mishandlings.
    CommentQuote
  • I have been a member of this forum for over 2 years now.I have found it credible and interesting. But since members are anonymous,you need to take care and verify facts yourself before acting on thead advice, no matter how genuine it sounds.

There are interested parties,disguised brokers but members can distinguish them by going through their postings. It is not easy to conceal your interests over several posts. Patterns can be made out and interest of member established over time. I use suggestions & comment in the forum as a base for further checks. Eventually purchase of a flat is a big decision and you need to verify and satisfy yourself in all manners before deciding.

And as far as Mods are concerned, I have reported many spam posts, few indiscreet posts and reaction of Mods was quick and effective. A good job is being done by them,especially considering the fact that they are all volunteers.
    But each member must realize his own responsibility and legal liability.Any posting on the net remains forever and can be traced back. Be discreet,fair and open minded enough to understand differing views and opinions will always be there.They strengthen the value of discussions.
    CommentQuote

This has been a recurring problem at IREF.Administrators have largely been unable to check this trend.Sometimes action is taken by suspending membership,but such elements mushroom again.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Krazy Yuppie
    This has been a recurring problem at IREF.Administrators have largely been unable to check this trend.Sometimes action is taken by suspending membership,but such elements mushroom again.

As Mods., we have the responsibility to see that all sides of the story are heard & this process gets executed within the gambit of IREF rules . Moderation is a dual edged sword, we r sometimes criticized for being too strict & sometimes on being soft or ignoring certain things, maybe trivial in nature .

Please understand that in the cyber world, there are many issues which r really beyond our control & most of the times, we may have very limited options & actions in order to control & deal with the situation .

...............yes, sometimes, we do commit mistakes ( we r human after all & as long as as it is not intentional, i feel there is no point in making an issue out of it ) & if somebody has an genuine complaint on the actions/intent of any Mod., he always has the liberty to send a PM/mail to Admin. & i am pretty sure that if the complaint is genuine, it would be suitably dealt with .

CommentQuote
  • Credibility of a forum is not built overnight. It is the net result of learned members contributing their knowledge and experience in right spirit and fair manner.NO bias against or for certain builders/projects/localities. Quoting of legal position,sections to clarify posters doubts. Role of moderators is undoubtedly vital in whole scheme of things.Moderators should not only be neutral,but must be careful in their postings on any topic. My experience with IREF has been of learning,trying to contribute my bit and enjoying jokes and quotations in off topic forum.
    CommentQuote