touch my feet a
    thousand times, I
    won’t forgive you for
    taking my parents
    away.
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

• Re : A Touching Article on Life and Recession

I asked a friend who has crossed 70 & is heading towards 80 what sort of changes he is feeling in himself? He sent me the following:
      1 After loving my parents, my siblings, my spouse, my children and my friends, I have now started loving myself.
      2 I have realized that I am not “Atlas”. The world does not rest on my shoulders.
      3 I have stopped bargaining with vegetable & fruit vendors. A few pennies more is not going to break me, but it might help the poor fellow save for his daughter’s school fees.
      4 I leave my waitress a big tip. The extra money might bring a smile to her face. She is toiling much harder for a living than I am.
      5 I stopped telling the elderly that they've already narrated that story many times. The story makes them walk down memory lane & relive their past.
      6 I have learned not to correct people even when I know they are wrong. The onus of making everyone perfect is not on me. Peace is more precious than perfection.
      7 I give compliments freely & generously. Compliments are a mood enhancer not only for the recipient, but also for me. And a small tip for the recipient of a compliment, never, NEVER turn it down, just say "Thank You.”
      8 I have learned not to bother about a crease or a spot on my shirt. Personality speaks louder than appearances.
      9 I walk away from people who don't value me. They might not know my worth, but I do.
      10 I remain cool when someone plays dirty to outrun me in the rat race. I am not a rat & neither am I in any race.
      11 I am learning not to be embarrassed by my emotions. It’s my emotions that make me human.
      12 I have learned that it's better to drop the ego than to break a relationship. My ego will keep me aloof, whereas with relationships, I will never be alone.
      13 I have learned to live each day as if it's the last. After all, it might be the last.
      14 I am doing what makes me happy. I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to myself. Happiness is a choice. You can be happy at any time, just choose to be!
      I decided to share this for all my friends. Why do we have to wait to be 60 or 70 or 80, why can't we practice this at any stage and age?

I borrowed this. I don't know who to credit it to, but thank you!

Comment

STAY CONNECTED
        ​When I'm dead.....,​
        ​Your tears will flow,..​
        ​But I won't know...​
        ​Cry with me now instead!​
        ​You'll forget my faults,....​
        ​But I won't know.....​
        ​Forget them now, instead you'll wish...​
        ​You could have spent more time with me,...​
        ​Spend it now instead!​
        ​When you hear I'm gone, you'll find your way to my house to pay condolence but we haven't even spoken in years....​
        ​Pls look for me now!!​
        ​''Spend time with every person around you, and help them with whatever you have to make them happy!! your friends, acquaintance and family.....​
        ​Make them feel Special. Because you never know when time will take them away from you forever''..​
        ​Love all and Forgive all.​

​No matter how many times the teeth bite the tongue, they still stay together in one mouth. That's the spirit of​
        FORGIVENESS.

​Even though the eyes don't see each other, they see things together, blink simultaneously and cry together.​
        That's "UNITY."

​May we practise the spirit of forgiveness and togetherness.​

1. Alone I can 'Say' but together we can 'Talk'.

2. ​Alone I can 'Enjoy' but together we can 'Celebrate'

3. ​Alone I can 'Smile' but together we can 'Laugh'_

​That's the BEAUTY of Relations.
        We are nothing without each other​
        STAY CONNECTED!!
        ​The razor blade is sharp but can't cut a tree; the axe is strong but can't cut hair finely as we'd need

​Everyone is important according to his/her unique purpose.
        Never look down on others unless you are admiring their shoes​

Comment

A BITTER REALITY !!!!

One Bedroom Flat

Very touching article. Enjoy reading

Every person those who r far away from their parents for jobs should have to read this heart touching mail!!!

ONE BEDROOM FLAT...

WRITTEN BY AN INDIAN ENGINEER...

A Bitter Reality
          As the dream of most parents I had acquired a degree in Engineering and joined a company based in USA, the land of braves and opportunity. When I arrived in the USA, it was as if a dream had come true.
          Here at last I was in the place where I want to be. I decided I would be staying in this country for about Five years in which time I would have earned enough money to settle down in India.
          My father was a government employee and after his retirement, the only asset he could acquire was a decent one bedroom flat.
          I wanted to do something more than him. I started feeling homesick and lonely as the time passed. I used to call home and speak to my parents every week using cheap international phone cards. Two years passed, two years of Burgers at McDonald's and pizzas and discos and 2 years watching the foreign exchange rate getting happy whenever the Rupee value went down.
          Finally I decided to get married. Told my parents that I have only 10 days of holidays and everything must be done within these 10 days. I got my ticket booked in the cheapest flight. Was jubilant and was actually enjoying hopping for gifts for all my friends back home. If I miss anyone then there will be talks. After reaching home I spent home one week going through all the photographs of girls and as the time was getting shorter I was forced to select one candidate.
          In-laws told me, to my surprise, that I would have to get married in 2-3 days, as I will not get anymore holidays. After the marriage, it was time to return to USA, after giving some money to my parents and telling the neighbours to look after them, we returned to USA.
          My wife enjoyed this country for about two months and then she started feeling lonely. The frequency of calling India increased to twice in a week sometimes 3 times a week. Our savings started diminishing.
          After two more years we started to have kids. Two lovely kids, a boy and a girl, were gifted to us by the almighty. Every time I spoke to my parents, they asked me to come to India so that they can see their grand-children.
          Every year I decide to go to India But part work part monetary conditions prevented it. Years went by and visiting India was a distant dream. Then suddenly one day I got a message that my parents were seriously sick. I tried but I couldn't get any holidays and thus could not go to India ... The next message I got was my parents had passed away and as there was no one to do the last rites the society members had done whatever they could. I was depressed. My parents had passed away without seeing their grand children.
          After couple more years passed away, much to my children's dislike and my wife's joy we returned to India to settle down. I started to look for a suitable property, but to my dismay my savings were short and the property prices had gone up during all these years. I had to return to the USA...
          My wife refused to come back with me and my children refused to stay in India... My 2 children and I returned to USA after promising my wife I would be back for good after two years.
          Time passed by, my daughter decided to get married to an American and my son was happy living in USA... I decided that had enough and wound-up everything and returned to India... I had just enough money to buy a decent 02 bedroom flat in a well-developed locality.
          Now I am 60 years old and the only time I go out of the flat is for the routine visit to the nearby temple. My faithful wife has also left me and gone to the holy abode.
          Sometimes I wondered was it worth all this?
          My father, even after staying in India,
          Had a house to his name and I too have the same nothing more.
          I lost my parents and children for just ONE EXTRA BEDROOM.
          Looking out from the window I see a lot of children dancing. This damned cable TV has spoiled our new generation and these children are losing their values and culture because of it. I get occasional cards from my children asking I am alright. Well at least they remember me.
          Now perhaps after I die it will be the neighbours again who will be performing my last rights, God Bless them.
          But the question still remains 'was all this worth it?'
          I am still searching for an answer.................!!!
          START THINKING
          IS IT JUST FOR ONE EXTRA BEDROOM???
          LIFE IS BEYOND THIS ..DON'T JUST LEAVE YOUR LIFE ..
          START LIVING IT .
          LIVE IT AS YOU WANT IT TO BE

Comment

Nearby, a building construction work was going on.
            Lots of poor labourers were working there and their small children used to hold on to one another's shirt and play "train-train".
            Someone would become the engine and others would become bogies.
            Every day, these children used to take turns becoming the engine and bogies.
            But, there was one small boy wearing only a half pant who used to hold one small green *cloth* in his hand and become the guard daily.
            So, once I went to him and asked him .."son, don't u also wish to become an engine or a bogie some time?"
            He softly replied, "Sir , I don't have a shirt to wear so how will the other children catch me to make the train?
            I could see the slight wetness in his eyes.
            But, it gave me a lesson.... he could have cried and sat at home and abused his parents for not affording to buy him a shirt.
            But instead, he chose another way to play and enjoy himself..
            In life, we don't get all things we desire and we keep complaining ..
            I dont have a bike, I don't have car , I don't have this or that etc...
            Life is like that ....we need to make it beautiful and be grateful for what we have ..
            *HAVE AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE*

Comment

It's another morning... Again I have to go to office.

Ohh, this is me. I was surprised to see my snap in the news paper. But what the HELL it is doing in the obituary column?? Strange.

One sec... Let me think, last night when I was going to bed I had a severe pain in my chest, but I don't remember anything after that, I think I had a sound sleep.

Its morning now, ohh... It's already 10:00 AM, where is my coffee? I will be late for office and my boss will get a chance to irritate me.

Where is everyone.??? I screamed.

"I saw is a crowd outside my room ! Let me check." I said to myself.. So many people... But why are some of them crying.

WHAT IS THIS HAPPENING ??? I m laying there on the floor.

"I AM HERE" . I shouted!!! No one listened.. "LOOK I AM NOT DEAD" . I screamed once again!!! No one is interested in me.

They all were looking me on the bed.

I went back to my bed room.

"Am I dead??" I asked myself.

Where is my wife, my children, my mom-DAD, my friends?

I found them in the next room, all of them were crying. still trying to console each other.

My wife was crying. she was really looking sad. My little kid was not sure what happened, but he was crying just coz his mom was sad.

How can I go without saying my kid that I really love him, I really do care of him. ??

How can I go without saying my wife that she is really most beautiful and most caring wife in this world..??

How can I go without saying my parents that whatever I am . I am just because of u ??

How can I go without telling my friends that without them perhaps I have done most of the wrong things in my life. thanks for being there always when I need them. and sorry for not being there when they really need me..

I can see a person standing in the corner and trying to hide his tears. Ohh. he was once my best friend, but a small misunderstanding made us part, and we both have strong enough ego to keep us disconnect.

I went there.. And offered him my hand, "Dear friend. I just want to say sorry for everything, we r still best friend, please forgive me."

No response from other side, what the hell?? He is still preserving his ego, I am saying sorry.. even then!!! I really don't care for such people.

But one sec.. it seems he is not able to see me!!!! He did not see my extended hand. My goodness. AM I REALLY DEAD???

I just sat down near ME; I was also feeling like crying.

"OHH GOD !!!! PLEASE JUST GIVE ME FEW MORE DAYS." I just wasn't to make my wife, my parents; my friends realize that how much I love them.

My wife entered in the room, she looks beautiful.. "YOU R BEAUTIFUL" I shouted. She didn't hear my words, in fact she never heard these words coz I never said this to her.

"GOD!!!!" I screamed. a little more time plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. I cried.

One more chance please. to hug my child, to make my mom smile just once, to feel my dad proud on me at least for a moment, to say sorry to my friends for everything I have not given to them, and thanks for still being in my life..

Then I looked up and cried!!!!

I shouted..
              "GOD!!!! ONE MORE CHANCE PLEASE!!!!"

"You shouted in your sleep," said my wife as she gently woke me up. "Did you have a nightmare?"

I was sleeping.. Ohh that was just a dream..

My wife was there. she can hear me. This is the happiest moment of my life. I hugged her and whispered.. "U R THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND CARING WIFE IN THIS UNIVERSE.. I REALLY LOVE U DEAR"

I could understand the reason of the smile on her face with some tears in her eyes & I was happy..

"THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS SECOND? CHANCE."

Friends - Still it's not late.. Forget Ur Egos, Past. and Xpress Ur love to others. Be friendly. Keep smiling. for ever... Keep our ego aside and express our love, care, appreciation, friendship, because we don't get a second chance always. Dont regret after the things happen. Always show our love to everyone who are associated with us!!!.

THANKS TO EACH ONE OF YOU .. for everything

Comment

On his first day in office as President, when Abraham Lincoln entered to give his inaugural address, one man stood up. He was a rich Aristocrat. He said, “Mr. Lincoln, you should not forget that your father used to make shoes for my family.” And the whole Senate laughed; they thought they had made a fool of Lincoln.

But certain people are made of a totally different mettle. Lincoln looked at the man directly in the eye and said, “Sir, I know that my father used to make shoes for your family, and there will be many others here, because he made shoes the way nobody else can.

He was a creator. His shoes were not just shoes; he poured his whole soul into them. I want to ask you, have you any complaint? Because I know how to make shoes myself. If you have any complaint I can make you another pair of shoes. But as far as I know, nobody has ever complained about my father’s shoes. He was a genius, a great creator and I am proud of my father”.

The whole Senate was struck dumb. They could not understand what kind of man Abraham Lincoln was. He was proud because his father did his job so well that not even a single complaint had ever been heard.

Remember:
                “No one can hurt you without your consent.”
                “It is not what happens to us that hurts us. It is our response that hurts us.
                Everything we want in life is waiting for us outside our comfort zone and inside our effort zone... we just need to make a move.

Comment

A lady who was over 90 years old, had a great flair towards dressing up well, applying makeup and arranging her hair in beautiful patterns.
                  She and her husband had been married to each other for 70 years.
                  After the departure of her beloved partner, having no children and no one in the family to care for her,
                  She decided to move to a nursing home.
                  Even on the day when she vacated her home for good, she dressed up elegantly and looked gorgeous.
                  After arriving at the nursing home, she had to wait patiently in the lobby for hours before room was ready.
                  When an attendant helped her make her way to the room, she gave the lady a visual description of the tiny space that she was meant to occupy.
                  "I love it” The lady expressed with the enthusiasm of an eight year old who had just been presented with a new puppy.
                  "Mrs Jones, you haven't even seen the room yet... Just wait. " The attendant remarked.
                  "Well, My joy has nothing to do with the room, " The lady replied.
                  "Whether I like my room or not, doesn’t depend on how the furniture is arranged, it depends on how I arrange my mind, happiness is something you can decide ahead of time. And I have already decided to love my room, to love the people around me, to love my life. It is a decision that I make every morning when I wake up. You know what, the greatest asset we all have is the power to choose how we feel. "
                  The lady continued speaking, as the attendant listened attentively with her mouth wide open.
                  "I can spend my entire day in bed thinking of the pain I am in, focusing on the parts of my body that no longer work or I can get out of bed and be thankful for those parts that do work. Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes can still open, I will continue to focus on today and all the happy memories I have stored in my mind, just for this time in my life."
                  The attendant was astounded by the positive attitude of the elderly lady, whose life from an external point of view, was only full of problems and hopelessness.
                  Actually,
                  Only problems happen automatically,
                  Happiness is a choice we all have to make.
                  "Hatred" happens automatically "love" is a choice we all have to make.
                  Being negative happens automatically
                  Positive attitude is a choice we all have to make.
                  " Complaining " is automatic
                  " Gratitude" is a choice we all have to make.
                  Let’s choose right and live well.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X