Suppose you have Rs.1 crore today in cash

Last updated: July 2 2012
64 | Posts
344 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppose you have Rs.1 crore today in cash

What will you do ? I mean you liquidated every thing and you have solid one crore cash in hand.
    No debts or liabilities.
    Continue living the same wretched 9AM to 8 PM life as if nothing happened, trying to earn even more
    12.50%
    Keep 50 lacs in FD as safe deposit and start business with 50 lacs.
    35.42%
    Keep enough for three years of living and start business with the rest of the money
    4.17%
    Deposit entire amount in bank FD for 25 years and enjoy 70 K/month sitting home developing a hobby
    29.17%
    Donate it to charity and get your name published in news / media
    0.00%
    Migrate to New Zealand/Canada/Australia by investing that money
    8.33%
    Just go out and chill. Travel around the globe and have time of your life. get back and start afresh
    10.42%
    Last edited March 17 2012, 11:59 AM.

Re : Suppose you have Rs.1 crore today in cash

No man is rich enough to buy back the past. Correct ?

Comment

Eat ,drink and be Merry.
      99 ke chakkar mein na pado
      Dil Jawan Hai To Jahan Hai

Comment

I would buy a Mercedes E-Class Coupe, a Harley Davidson then go on a world tour for a couple of months. I guess that would take care of 1 crore.

Come back and live my normal hassle free life. I don't work more than normal for money so my life is enjoyable anyways.

Comment

If this amount is BLACK money... than no one can enjoy with 100% of this money...No cash can be used.....No FD, No puchase of luxury cars by case...one has to do same routine 9-5 job....

If this is white money... than can be used in many ways.....as per options

Comment

Good one

Good one.

It is a known fact almost 50% of what you earn in your life time is to take care of the 'next generation'.

I like Bill Gates attitude. The kids will only get the best education. Not a dollar worth inheritance.

Comment

Re: hi

i dont understand when people say that they dont run after money or they work just enough to have a normal life. i think 100% of the people run after money and try to extract every possible opportunity to earn some money....of all the people here on IREF how many are full time employed in real estate, if answer is less than 100%, then i think the people who are not employed in real estate are running after money and trying to get that extra income by investing in real estate apart from their extra source of income....so why this kolaveri

Comment

Originally posted by amitca9 View Post
                i dont understand when people say that they dont run after money or they work just enough to have a normal life. i think 100% of the people run after money and try to extract every possible opportunity to earn some money....of all the people here on IREF how many are full time employed in real estate, if answer is less than 100%, then i think the people who are not employed in real estate are running after money and trying to get that extra income by investing in real estate apart from their extra source of income....so why this kolaveri
                Mate, you got it all wrong. I don't know about others but I am talking for myself only. When I said I do not run after money, I really don't do. I came to IREF to get help on buying a property for my own but I found out that in my budget, I can buy a house and do investments too. So that's like it. In my dictionary, you are running after money when:-

1) In your free time you are not playing with your kids and instead thinking about your investments etc.

2) You cancel a vacation for an official meeting.

3) You are working more than 8 hours a day.

BTW, there is nothing wrong in going after money. Everybody has their own priorities in life. If you dream of a 10 bedrooms penthouse, there is nothing wrong in chasing it and trying to accumulate as much as possible. My dream is to live like a hippie after 50 and I guess at my current pace I will have enough money for that by then, so I am being laid-back in my approach.

Comment

sorry if that hurt you....i know i used some of the words, which were mentioned in your post.......but otherwise yes i am a money chaser and want to earn so much of money to have everything i want...and some of your word or rules are strictly applicable to me ......but this is all life.....as per my understanding money is everything in this world.....it can buy happiness as well. you might not agree with this, but i am anyhow convinced that i need to have money to buy happiness, else i will be out of the society.

Originally posted by miketest View Post
                  Mate, you got it all wrong. I don't know about others but I am talking for myself only. When I said I do not run after money, I really don't do. I came to IREF to get help on buying a property for my own but I found out that in my budget, I can buy a house and do investments too. So that's like it. In my dictionary, you are running after money when:-

1) In your free time you are not playing with your kids and instead thinking about your investments etc.

2) You cancel a vacation for an official meeting.

3) You are working more than 8 hours a day.

BTW, there is nothing wrong in going after money. Everybody has their own priorities in life. If you dream of a 10 bedrooms penthouse, there is nothing wrong in chasing it and trying to accumulate as much as possible. My dream is to live like a hippie after 50 and I guess at my current pace I will have enough money for that by then, so I am being laid-back in my approach.

Comment

Slowly bu certainly

Originally posted by amitca9 View Post
                    sorry if that hurt you....i know i used some of the words, which were mentioned in your post.......but otherwise yes i am a money chaser and want to earn so much of money to have everything i want...and some of your word or rules are strictly applicable to me ......but this is all life.....as per my understanding money is everything in this world.....it can buy happiness as well. you might not agree with this, but i am anyhow convinced that i need to have money to buy happiness, else i will be out of the society.
                    Slowly but certainly we as humans ( India especially) are heading to a phase like that existed in prehistoric times.

Comment

Tags: None
                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X