Collapse

Mathematics on Pricing of Land

Last updated: August 5 2009
132 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Mathematics on Pricing of Land

In summary, the bears are just bullshitting in lunacy and hallucinating about falling RE prices. That will happen only if there is a real depression in India. In that case many will lose jobs, not those textile workers who anyway were used to it, not those BPO guys who are low level clerks, not that IT guy with a 40,000 rank in CET who studied in some silly college in some non descripit place in TN.
    It will happen if good engineers from RECs and Guindys loose jobs, it will happen if companies close down under, it will happen if Infosys becomes delisted and non existent. In that case RE will fall to say half or quarter its value now. Not when 5K folks who were the bottom 10% of Infy are sent out. Wipro has an internal plan to throw out about 40% of the bottom in the next one year or so. They will sack one in nine every quarter I understand!
    These wont change RE prices, just that RE companies trying to fleece ers will come up with sane plans. They will charge the price of land+ price of construction + small margin of 5%. Not a margin of 200 to 400% that they do today.
    Finally if you yet think RE will fall, please dont and you will end up crying like the Sethugms, Chataras and the rest who did not know when to in 2004 (due to poverty) and want prices of RE to go to 2004 levels while their almost non existent salary in 2004 has jumped to reasonable numbers today.
    Such pitchakaran wanting to become rich DOES NOT HAPPEN except in story books!

Comment

RE Prices in Chennai aint falling primarily because Land price in Chennai is yet very very cheap. So dont sell your land for a song!

Comment

Finally, if u dont know mathematics how can u count money. All the bear talkers here were just guessing with no idea of quantitative methods. Now that the bears will disappear, be careful. Be a buyer of RE and dont be a seller. WOrse still, if u own land dont sell it for the next 4 years.

Comment

Nats, I wish I could believe in your bullish fantacies. But even for a brain as stupid as mine, it looks like you're getting too much carried away to the extent of attempting to con people with some unsold properties. And I find it very appropriate to believe a Paul Krugman, who is a nobel prize winning economist than you, who is trying to offload unsold properties. I'm sure, you'll question even Krugman's credentials and economictimes credentials. But you know what? The one who says everyone else on this world is stupid is a mental.

It's not even decoupling/coupling with US economy. It's simple demand-supply
          equation and basic investment fundamantals. Its surprising how can someone miss RE fundamentals by so many miles!

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/4553033.cms

Comment

Originally posted by Raghavan.aiyangar View Post
            Nats, I wish I could believe in your bullish fantacies. But even for a brain as stupid as mine, it looks like you're getting too much carried away to the extent of attempting to con people with some unsold properties. And I find it very appropriate to believe a Paul Krugman, who is a nobel prize winning economist than you, who is trying to offload unsold properties. I'm sure, you'll question even Krugman's credentials and economictimes credentials. But you know what? The one who says everyone else on this world is stupid is a mental.

It's not even decoupling/coupling with US economy. It's simple demand-supply
            equation and basic investment fundamantals. Its surprising how can someone miss RE fundamentals by so many miles!

]http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/US-job-losses-could-last-5-years-Krugman/articleshow/4553033.cms[/url]
            Are ayangar val. First of all, we are talking about Indian Real estate. I dont care about your american crap here. Maybe you are in the wrong board given that you yourself admit to your stupidity.
            Paul Krugman might be a noble laureate, does it mean he can climb the Himalayas? In other words people know about what they know and not about everything. Do you know that if you could retain 2% of your entire education, upto say the Graduate level you will be a Noble laureate. In other words most of us have very limited memories.
            Now what Paul said is immaterial. What u understood or rather misunderstood about it is important. Being stupid, even if u attended Montessori 1, u may not get much, and u admitted being stupid. So dont baby cry about it! OK?
            So if u listen to a Noble laureate, the chance of you understanding anything is rather very remote.
            As for India, it is not USA. Infact most of the NAY sayers here, can I say all, are NRIs or Foreign Indians. So a Bobby Jindal cant rule South madras. Not a dog will vote for him here. Does it mean Jindal is bad or the dog in Chennai is bad? Neither of it.
            Learn to be context sensitive. In Chennai the caste name has long disappeared and I think Wiseman and his pseudonames have now started taking a Casteist outlook with Raghavan...AIYANGAR. I am sure we will have very soon names like Ganesan AIYER, Velu MUDALIAR, Pandu NADAR and so on. Almost like Wiseman is a pure and pure politician who likes to get some casteist support.
            I am not against ur name Raghavan, just that I believe u r just another creation of Wisey.
            Remember Wisey could get a guy to keep a name as Nataraajg007, just changing one letter. And he wont know why 007 existed in the name! Ofcourse that guy has become tamed into a Lovebird. Let us see how casteist names unfold over time.

Comment

As for India, it is not USA
              Vow! What a finding! Thanks for enlightening all of us Nats!

Comment

Originally posted by Raghavan.aiyangar View Post
                Vow! What a finding! Thanks for enlightening all of us Nats!
                Looks like my feather brained friend is getting enlightened!

Comment

R u missing the psychology (fear) of a IT man,

the threat of job loss.

Comment

IT guys are over paid, especially in the last few years. So if they have a fear of job loss who cares. If even 20% of them lose jobs so what?
                    Did I answer your question?

Comment

A lot of average, below average good for nothing people got into IT industry when jobs were easily available for taking. Many well deserving, hard working candidates particularly those coming from middle class/ lower middle class families, rural areas, villages face many hurdles in IT industry right from the start during job interviews, promotions, appraisals, onsite openings etc.

So if about 30% useless unbillable project managers, business analysts, Ivy league sweet talking consultants, urban educated hi-fi rich/upper class freshers and such crazy people are laid off nothing will happen to real estate or IT industry.

There will still be 60% hardworking technical people taking moderate income, mostly working at offshore (except a few who could conquer this system and go onsite) who will stay and keep earning their salaries. They will still take rented homes or buy own flats (both decisions are positive for real estate). FULL STOP

Comment

Tags: mathematics
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X