Dear Members ,

Please write your experience about the good novels. What are the really great novels, one must read, anything like fiction, love stories, murder mystery , etc. ...

Recantly I have read "The Immortals of Meluha" and "The Secret of the Nagas" , great books by Amish. It is fast paced story about shiva , totally fiction, if you don't relate this with Lord Shiva than you can enjoy the fiction.

Book 2 is much better than Book 1, full of suspense.... Overall Great read books.

Happy Reading. :)
Read more
Reply
79 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • - Rich Dad Poor Dad is a book by Robert Kiyosaki - FANTASTIC BOOK (not a novel though)

    Rich Dad Poor Dad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    - 2 states by chetan bhagat
    CommentQuote
  • Had read the 1st one.... very interesting... Now your comments are forcing me to go for 2nd..... Lets see.....

    Originally Posted by shaitaan
    Dear Members ,

    Please write your experience about the good novels. What are the really great novels, one must read, anything like fiction, love stories, murder mystery , etc. ...

    Recantly I have read "The Immortals of Meluha" and "The Secret of the Nagas" , great books by Amish. It is fast paced story about shiva , totally fiction, if you don't relate this with Lord Shiva than you can enjoy the fiction.

    Book 2 is much better than Book 1, full of suspense.... Overall Great read books.

    Happy Reading. :)
    CommentQuote
  • I just love comics because my imaginations are limited, so I just cant have the guts to read a novel without a picture/image.

    So my favourites are : Archies and gang, Asterix and gang, Tintin, Nagraj, Super Commando Dhruv, :)

    But still read just one book till now "The alchemist" and still whenver I get time , I read it again and again.

    Such a good book , such great message. Really loved it

    and
    will recommend it to everyone
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by KailashSingh
    I just love comics because my imaginations are limited, so I just cant have the guts to read a novel without a picture/image.

    So my favourites are : Archies and gang, Asterix and gang, Tintin, Nagraj, Super Commando Dhruv, :)

    But still read just one book till now "The alchemist" and still whenver I get time , I read it again and again.

    Such a good book , such great message. Really loved it

    and
    will recommend it to everyone


    "The alchemist" is a great book. Have read it 2 years back.

    Currently, reading "The Palace of illusions" by Chitra. The book is about mahabharat from Draupadi point of view. Although, we all know mahabharat, but some of the unknown facts tempt us to read the whole novel.

    Overall a good interesting book to read.

    Happy reading. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shaitaan
    "The alchemist" is a great book. Have read it 2 years back.

    Currently, reading "The Palace of illusions" by Chitra. The book is about mahabharat from Draupadi point of view. Although, we all know mahabharat, but some of the unknown facts tempt us to read the whole novel.

    Overall a good interesting book to read.

    Happy reading. :)


    oh shaitan khaitan book padhta hai.....oh saath main book reciter rehta hoga:D
    CommentQuote
  • I love reading Nobles written by different members on IREF.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TheGuru
    oh shaitan khaitan book padhta hai.....oh saath main book reciter rehta hoga:D


    wow ... Guru ghantal on this thread ... you must read Lotpot, Rajan Iqbal, motoo patlu, chacha choudhary ....... aapkey level ki books hai .....:D
    CommentQuote
  • Guys,

    Lets not get into personal attacks please.

    Cheers
    Amit
    CommentQuote
  • Read Asura- The tale of vanquished.... Ramayana from Ravana's point of view
    CommentQuote
  • Other books which I feel are good are:

    1. Shiva Triology - Immortals of Meluha, Secret of Nagas and Oath of Vayuputra
    2. The Krishna Key by Ashwin Sanghi
    3. Chanakya's chant
    4. The Tenth Unknown
    5. The Fountainhead and The Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
    6. Azaadi by Chaman Nahal
    7. The Vinci Code by Dan Brown
    8. The day of Jackal by Fredrick Forsyth
    9. The Mahabharata... a timeless epic..simply brilliant...best of the lot
    CommentQuote
  • Just started "Chanakya's chant" . somebody recommand it to read it by skipping 1 chapter .... means read chapter 1,3,5,7... etc... old chanakya ...

    what do u suggest?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shaitaan
    Just started "Chanakya's chant" . somebody recommand it to read it by skipping 1 chapter .... means read chapter 1,3,5,7... etc... old chanakya ...

    what do u suggest?

    Both the stories of Chanakya's chant are based in different era....if you are a history buff, read only Chanakya....if you like fiction, read the other part..
    CommentQuote
  • Just started YUGANTA- THE END OF AN EPOCH. It is a reinterpretation of India's largest epic, the Mahabharata.

    The start is wonderful...cruising through!
    CommentQuote
  • Some books I liked and would recommend are:

    Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
    Crime and Punishment, The Idiot by Dostoevsky
    Anna Karenina, War and Peace by Tolstoy
    Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zangoora
    Read Asura- The tale of vanquished.... Ramayana from Ravana's point of view


    Just started this book on your recommendation , the first 2 chapters are amazing ... Lets see :)
    CommentQuote