Must Read Novels ...

Last updated: May 25 2014
81 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Must Read Novels ...

Originally posted by rakesh_sahu View Post
    Finished the 3rd part yesterday night...

Siva triology follows the bell curve. 1st part taking your interest up the hill, while 2nd part keeps the interest at its maximum & 3rd part takes you down the hill....

Had these 3 been put together in release, probably it would have been even better. Still few chapters are good and bring out nice message(s).

Overall, if one has read earlier two, then go for the last as well to stiate curiosity.
    yeah thats what...I have read the first two so will buy the third one as well...

Comment

I recently read "When Bad Things Happen to Good people" by Harold S. Kushner.

Amazon.com: When Bad Things Happen to Good People (9781400034727): Harold S. Kushner: Books

It is not exactly a novel but it is certainly among the best books I have ever read and very few that I have read twice from cover to cover.

Comment

It definitely gives different perspective and personally speaking, I liked it very much. Though 3rd part could have been equally interesting had it been around 400 pages instead of 550 pages.

But anyway, after a long time I read something interesting and thought provoking....

Originally posted by zangoora View Post
        yeah thats what...I have read the first two so will buy the third one as well...

Comment

Few others I would recommend:
          1. Is Paris Burning?
          2. Oh Jerusalam

Comment

Just Started with Myth = Mithya by Devidutt Patnaik. Its a book on Hindu Mythology... interesting so far.

Read only if you have interest in Hindu Mythology...its not a fictional thriller...

Comment

Parti Parikatha

All time best is "Parti Parikatha" by Phanishwarnath Renu..i dont know how many times i have read it...every time it unfolds some unseen dimension of human being....
              I havent read it since last year but still I remember the characters, their way of talking..
              ek baar zarur padhen

Comment

http://devdutt.com/

Had seen his few episodes on CNBC Awaz around couple yrs of back.
                Gives a different perspective about Hindy Mythology and fundas.

Do update once you have finished this book...

Just Started with Myth = Mithya by Devidutt Patnaik. Its a book on Hindu Mythology... interesting so far.

Read only if you have interest in Hindu Mythology...its not a fictional thriller...

Comment

Originally posted by rakesh_sahu View Post
                  Had seen his few episodes on CNBC Awaz around couple yrs of back.
                  Gives a different perspective about Hindy Mythology and fundas.

Do update once you have finished this book...
                  Finished reading Mithya...it is strictly for those who have interest in Hindu mythology...

Good points:

1. Different perspective on Hindu Mythology
                  2. Answers lot of 'why we do this' type questions

Negatives:
                  1. It is not a fiction book, so uninteresting at times...
                  2. The content at times seems imagination of author, the logic he gives is not so convincing at a few places.

Still, a great attempt by the author...Devidutt Patnaik's another book 'Jaya' is a masterpiece...

Comment

Thx man!
                    Seems I have to read this one....

Finished reading Mithya...it is strictly for those who have interest in Hindu mythology...

Good points:

1. Different perspective on Hindu Mythology
                    2. Answers lot of 'why we do this' type questions

Negatives:
                    1. It is not a fiction book, so uninteresting at times...
                    2. The content at times seems imagination of author, the logic he gives is not so convincing at a few places.

Still, a great attempt by the author...Devidutt Patnaik's another book 'Jaya' is a masterpiece...

Comment

Must read books I read so far:

Outlier: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
                      The Fakir by Ruzbeh N. Bharucha (I didn't like the second one (the journey continues))
                      The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari by Robin S Sharma

I hope you will enjoy them, plz do share your view if you read any or all above.

Cheers

Comment

Tags: novels read
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X