Last updated: December 10 2015
180 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Ratio of Wealth & Car

Originally posted by planner View Post
    My view is different,
    Get a Car on lease (Long rent) with Driver.
    Keep changing the models or make.

Belive me - it is cheaper that changing cars.

Much-much cheaper, if any one want to enjoy the taste of different models every month.
    never thought about lease. it sounds expensive. what generally is the charge for it? could you give a comparison with figures?

Comment

someone asked about my feelings of asian made cars vs european cars - here is my take - asian made cars are value for money - honda , hundyi, suzuki, toyota all make wonderful cars however only thing which is missing from them is the feeling of sturdiness which european cars provide -

while sitting VW or beamer one feels like sitting in a tank it moves planted and instills the confidence - i was on the road on 31st and 1st in dense fog without any hesitation - VW is real wonderful car - I have driven maruti for 14 years but after driving vw I feel that I was missing the real thing.

and for my comments on immegrents of UP Bihar and WB / Orissa is in general rather its for those who are good for nothing at there native place so they are forced to come in here and they create the real chaos

PS _ I have my roots in eastern India so every word of spit I write about them is actually hits back to me

rohit

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
        someone asked about my feelings of asian made cars vs european cars - here is my take - asian made cars are value for money - honda , hundyi, suzuki, toyota all make wonderful cars however only thing which is missing from them is the feeling of sturdiness which european cars provide -

while sitting VW or beamer one feels like sitting in a tank it moves planted and instills the confidence - i was on the road on 31st and 1st in dense fog without any hesitation - VW is real wonderful car - I have driven maruti for 14 years but after driving vw I feel that I was missing the real thing.

and for my comments on immegrents of UP Bihar and WB / Orissa is in general rather its for those who are good for nothing at there native place so they are forced to come in here and they create the real chaos

PS _ I have my roots in eastern India so every word of spit I write about them is actually hits back to me

rohit

If solid built quality is required then consider used "Fiat Linea or palio" as they come real cheap.

Would i advise it, not as of now. I would advise continue using alto, and hire Innova for family highway usage (if occasional)

Comment

rohit
          =======================

Is your view about VW also valid for Vento or only Jetta , Passat etc.

Comment

Brand of car is directly proportionate to your GF/Wife's needs
            MM

Comment

We have a PA to CEO in our office who keeps pulling legs of many Big shots by saying ,” Sir app to kamble od ker ghee pee rahein hain”, as most of the senior people are making good bucks with least responsibilities J

Now, I used to hate this statement but practically a must one for good investor and businessmen. Am I advocating, ‘ BE a Kunjoos-Mackhichoos” , No . No way.

Wealth and car ratio is not a practical concept as many already pointed out about good income with or without extra liabilities and case is different for both scenarios. For me any car value more than 15 lakh rupees must always bought when you have this much surplus and no idea where to put it after all your saving and other liabilities has well taken care of.

Now there is another perspective, yes I have seen people who always spend more, when they earning good and believe in living their dreams today but not tomorrow and they are also correct to a larger extent, if their dreams was just driving a good car. Positive thing is, On few occasions these people keep increasing their spending and their income in that spirit (Though seldom I find all was making money with genuine and honest ways) and I am no one to comment on that as I did it myself on few occasions. And here I must say that whatever you have lived is real and whatever you plan is still to come and no one is sure if at all that would come. So never hide all your aspirations and likings but manage them effectively.

But suddenly (I was 30 and now 34), My aspirations and Aims get a direction and from that day all others stuff become secondary as I find no practical impact on my life except, “The feel good factor “.

I needed a good amount for my real estate, savings, child’s education, equity, gold and YES a CAR too.

I admit here that I always drive big sedan and they all were second hand buys. This was the only way, not to compromise on comforts and saving a big amount for assets only. though I agree that feeling of a new car is different and my intelligent mind say that too come with a cost of spending the 4 times the amount and that feeling last for good 3 to 6 months. after that , believe things are same and with second hand buys , I never bother much about minor injuries as there was not emotional feeling attached, I use car as CAR not like those people who can kill and waste any amount of time for a small injury.

My case shouldn’t be taken as ideal as my wife works for a multinational and she always get an innova for her visits officially (and unofficially everywhere). She arranges BMWs and MERCs for occasional parties like we did on new year which is still to make Happy. So I rarely use car for self use, for me there should be a decent vehicle when I need that.

Believe me every car is good as long as you take it as vehicle. Some can argue on safety and features but is that 100% sure? I have a builder friend who keeps these costly cars but with driver and shared that many rich kids got dead in these cars because there are many features like cruze and sports where Indian infra is pathetic to support and dunked mind is not able to control.

My boss comes with an esteem but with driver and he laughs many times and shares that a BMW without driver and esteem with driver, he would rank an esteem with driver always on high and yes he is true, I still have no driver and find so pity about it.

Comment

Originally posted by novice3675 View Post
                =======================

Is your view about VW also valid for Vento or only Jetta , Passat etc.
                Even polo has the same built

Rohit

Comment

Even polo has the same built

Rohit
                  although my maximum affordability is of maruti dzire (that also will take some time), if things work....i might think about stretching my budget to 7-8 lacs. in that range, is polo a better car or honda city?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    although my maximum affordability is of maruti dzire (that also will take some time), if things work....i might think about stretching my budget to 7-8 lacs. in that range, is polo a better car or honda city?
                    You know I have a simple rule about purchasing anything that has to be kept for at least 5 years and that is ... It should be 3 notches ahead of what you can easily afford so if you can afford dezire then you should be going for mid level jetta .. Same is for house if you can afford 2 bhk buy 4 bhk and if possible if you can marry university queen then go for miss city.

Rohit

Comment

Originally posted by Munish Malhautra View Post
                      Brand of car is directly proportionate to your GF/Wife's needs

Agree,
                      Big Influence...

But men need to controls.

Comment

Tags: car ratio wealth
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X