Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job conditions in US

Collapse
X
Collapse

Job conditions in US

Last updated: January 31 2013
47 | Posts
3431 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Job conditions in US

    Hi,
    People living in US can you please share the current conditions of jobs in US.
    My (to be )wife is might get a long term US and if I plan of going with her then I would have to leave my current job and search there.

    Can a 7+ exp in C++,COM get a job there ?
    Last edited January 24 2013, 02:46 PM.
  • #2

    #2

    Re : Job conditions in US

    Not a very bad idea

    Comment

    • #3

      #3

      Re : Job conditions in US

      you must give it a try. and if you succeed, do not forget to call me to usa for job

      Comment

      • #4

        #4

        Re : Job conditions in US

        in my friend circle, every one got job in usa. no one is jobless at least in my circle.

        Comment

        • #5

          #5

          Re : Job conditions in US

          JackDaniel .. aapke mooh mein ghee shakkar .. oh sorry . .large shots of JackDaniel .
          My main concern is visa..!!!
          getting a work visa nowadays is pretty tough..!!

          Comment

          • #6

            #6

            Re : Job conditions in US

            Originally posted by KailashSingh View Post
            Hi,
            People living in US can you please share the current conditions of jobs in US.
            My (to be )wife is might get a long term US and if I plan of going with her then I would have to leave my current job and search there.

            Can a 7+ exp in C++,COM get a job there ?
            There is massive demand for engineers with C++ experience in the Valley i.e. San Francisco Bay area and its suburbs. I'm in tech business and based in Delhi and all my clients are in that area of the US. That is assuming you will have the right type of Visa that will enable you to get a job. An engineering degree (B.Tech. or M.Tech.) from a good college in India will help a lot. MCA degree is OK but is not considered as good as an engineering degree.

            Start preparing at least 6 months in advance before you move. Look for the books on coding interview on Amazon.com and you will find a lot of info about what the bigger employers are looking for in their employees and not just the coding techniques. Their requirements are a lot different from the requirements of say an Infosys or a TCS. Even the local Indian subsidiaries of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM etc. etc. don't have the stringent interview process like they have in the valley.

            This will help:

            Amazon.com: coding interview

            Comment

            • #7

              #7

              Re : Job conditions in US

              Originally posted by ThePunjabi View Post
              There is massive demand for engineers with C++ experience in the Valley i.e. San Francisco Bay area and its suburbs. I'm in tech business and based in Delhi and all my clients are in that area of the US. That is assuming you will have the right type of Visa that will enable you to get a job. An engineering degree (B.Tech. or M.Tech.) from a good college in India will help a lot. MCA degree is OK but is not considered as good as an engineering degree.

              Start preparing at least 6 months in advance before you move. Look for the books on coding interview on Amazon.com and you will find a lot of info about what the bigger employers are looking for in their employees and not just the coding techniques. Their requirements are a lot different from the requirements of say an Infosys or a TCS. Even the local Indian subsidiaries of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM etc. etc. don't have the stringent interview process like they have in the valley.

              This will help:

              Amazon.com: coding interview
              And, how much is the approx. package in SFO Bay Area for 7 years + exp. in c++.

              Comment

              • #8

                #8

                Re : Job conditions in US

                Originally posted by shaitaan View Post
                And, how much is the approx. package in SFO Bay Area for 7 years + exp. in c++.
                Following has some data:

                Glassdoor: 15 Tech Companies

                An engineer (at least a B.Tech. who has the balls to clear interview in a top tech company) with 7+ years of C++ experience is worth at least $100K in the valley. That is what I am told by my clients.
                Last edited January 24 2013, 07:37 PM.

                Comment

                • #9

                  #9

                  Re : Job conditions in US

                  Originally posted by ThePunjabi View Post
                  Following has some data:

                  Glassdoor: 15 Tech Companies

                  An engineer (at least a B.Tech. who has the balls to clear interview in a top tech company) with 7+ years of C++ experience is worth at least $100K in the valley. That is what I am told by my clients.
                  In $100k its not worth to go in silicon valley with your family. You can hardly save anything within first 2 years. Now-a-days saving in USA is also tough.

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    #10

                    Re : Job conditions in US

                    Originally posted by shaitaan View Post
                    In $100k its not worth to go in silicon valley with your family. You can hardly save anything within first 2 years. Now-a-days saving in USA is also tough.
                    I agree that $100k is not enough to live in the valley because the high cost of living will not leave you with decent savings. But when your spouse is also having a decent job (say $70k plus) then its worth it. Also the OP likely doesn't have kids as of now because he is not married yet. So that will mean one less expense.

                    Comment

                    Tags: conditions job
                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X