If we judge a species by the cruelty it treats others with, humans are the most inhuman of all.

We keep animals/birds confined to a narrow cage for whole life.

We make them undergo highly painful body mutilations like castration, beak cutting, ear cutting, nose ropes.

We beat them to work hard for us till they break, feed them when WE feel suitable for us, deprive their babies of their milk, and kill them when out of service.

We produce them in factory farms, where they are handled like non living things, some get crushed in machine, some suffocate in plastic bags.

We do all kind of research on them - putting poison in eyes, cutting body parts alive, skinning them alive, burning them alive.

We use religion to invoke suffering on them. As if god enjoys the suffering of creatures created by him. Hindus call the cow as mother and keep her as a slave. Muslims and Hindus take life of animal and call it a sacrifice. Feasting on the meat of an animal is sacrifice!

Please share your thoughts on whether you feel all/part of this should be stopped, and ways to do it.
Read more
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • निर्भया के नाम

एक कुत्ते से मेरी बात हुई
    सड़क पे रहने वाला,
    आवारा कुत्ता,
    हाँ, ये नाम हम इंसानों ने उसे दिया है ।

बहुत संजीदगी से बात हुई ।
    ... वो काफ़ी रंजीदा था,
    जैसे किसी गहरे सदमे में डूबा था

कहने लगा
    रो रहा हूँ पिछले कई दिनॊं से
    उस निर्भया के लिये
    उस दामिनी के लिये
    उस अमानत के लिये
    जो एक बेहद घिनौने ज़ुल्म का शिकार हुई ।

बच जाती तो तिल-तिल मरती,
    मर के ख़ुद पर एहसान किया।
    साथ में आइना दिखा गई
    उन्हें, कि वो कौन हैं
    हाँ, दरिन्दे हैं — ख़तरनाक दरिन्दे ।

उदास कुत्ता कहने लगा,
    आदमी किस चीज़ मे तबदील हो रहा है?
    जानवर में?
    नहीं |

अगर वो जानवर होता,
    तो कम-से-कम उस आम सी लड़की को,
    जो अपनी छोटी सी,
    अंजान सी ज़िन्दगी में ख़ुश थी,
    एक झटके में इतने गहरे
    ज़ेहनी और जिस्मानी चोटें न देता ।

जानवर नहीं होते नासमझ,
    वो नहीं होते हैं हैवान,
    वो इंसानों से ज़्यादा हैं समझ वाले
    हालाँकि उनके पास नहीं होती है ज़बान
    तुम इंसान कुत्तों को सबसे बुरा जानवर समझते हो,
    जबकि कुत्ते सबसे ज़्यादा वफ़ादार होते हैं।
    उन्हें अपनी नफ़्स पे क़ाबू होता है ।
    कभी देखा है किसी को किसी कुत्ते की हवस का शिकार होते हुए?
    कभी सुना है एक अबला नारी को कुत्ते ने लूट लिया?

हद तो ये है
    कि ये घिनौने इंसान भी अगर
    किसी को गाली देते हैं तो उसे "कुत्ता" कहते हैं ।
    कितने शर्म की बात है,
    हमें अपनी तरह समझते हैं ।

मैं रो रहा हूँ,
    हाँ, मैं रो रहा हूँ उस मासूम के लिये।
    काश मैं होता उस वक़्त,
    उन बदकार इंसानों से
    एक नाज़ुक कली को बचाने के लिये।

एक बात और सुन लो,
    मैं सड़क का कुत्ता हूँ ।
    किसी अमीर आदमी के घर नहीं रहा,

अगर ये कहना चाहती हो
    कि ये परवरिश का नतीजा है
    तो ऐसा नहीं है।
    अमीरॊं के घर पले हों या सड़कों पे,
    कुत्ते अपनी ज़ात नहीं बदलते,
    फ़ितरत नहीं बदलते,
    बिना वजह किसी को काटते नहीं हैं।

मैं दंग रह गई,
    उस कुत्ते का बयान सुनकर,
    आदमी को धिक्कारते हुए
    एक जानवर का पैग़ाम सुनकर |

सरकार बदल दो, पुलीस बदल दो
    ये हल नहीं हैवानियत ख़त्म करने का |

ऐसे इबरतनाक, शर्मनाक, दर्दनाक हादसे
    होते रहेंगे हर गली में
    जब तक ख़त्म नहीं होगा दरिंदा आदमी के अंदर का |

कुत्ता फिर उदास सा चेहरा लिये,
    ये कहता चला गया
    कि निर्भया, तुम तो अमर हो गई,
    ख़ुश रहो, जहाँ रहो,
    लेकिन मैं शर्मसार हूँ,
    तुम्हारे किसी काम न आ सका |

Hindustan Times "Hindustan Yuva" on Jan 26, 2013
    CommentQuote
  • BOTAL BHAI aape liye special

Janma hote hi dudh ki bottel
    bachpan, jawani me pepsi ki bottle
    us ke bad whisky ki bottle
    Liver fail? Glucose ki bottle
    Operation hua khoon ki bottle
    mar gaya to Ganga jal ki bottle
    Wah ri bottle wah
    __._,_.___
    CommentQuote
  • Animals only attack when they feel they are in danger or their siblings are going to be hurt, please don't be scared when you see an animal, you get scared, you scare the animal and ultimately he thinks he is in danger and attacks.
    CommentQuote
  • I Met a Butterfly
    I met a butterfly today
    Sitting upon a tree.
    When I said, "Good Morning,"
    it said nothing back to me.
    I asked what it was doing,
    But it refused to tell.
    I asked if it was tired
    Or wasn't feeling well.
    And then it opened up its wings,
    As though to wave goodbye
    And flew and fluttered all around,
    Just like a butterfly.
    CommentQuote
  • Do not throw chewing gum in the open. Birds pick it, and it glues to their beaks. Unable to eat anything, they die of starvation. Cover the chewing gum in a paper or plastic before throwing it.
    CommentQuote
  • Do not buy your kids an air gun. Kids shoot helpless animals with it. The shots result in severe wounds on their bodies, which become a home to insects. The animal dies a slow and painful death.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    Do not throw chewing gum in the open. Birds pick it, and it glues to their beaks. Unable to eat anything, they die of starvation. Cover the chewing gum in a paper or plastic before throwing it.

Great advice fatichar sir, Following this way back when I cam back from Japan, there if you buy chewing gums plastic bottles inside that you have a small set of sticky papers in which you can throw your chewing gum :) . I even saw people carry plastics while taking their dogs for a walk, whenever the dog shits ,they take it in their bags and throw it in the respective place. Segregation of garbage has to be done else you might land up in jail. Glass material separately, bio degradable material separately, plastics separately.. etc.. etc..
    CommentQuote
  • Please keep water in small bowls on your terraces or windows so that thirsty birds can drink that.
    AND
    Do try to feed stray animals, animals always remember.. here is the story of how Prashant Kumar was saved by stray dogs, he is an avid dog lover and works in the field of rescuing them

Saved by man
    CommentQuote
  • About feeding stray animals, I feel it is also important to sterilize (make infertile) them. Else Each dog would produce several more.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    About feeding stray animals, I feel it is also important to sterilize (make infertile) them. Else Each dog would produce several more.

Yes, The Barking Army is an NGO working for dog welfare from US and RESQ is one from Pune.
    CommentQuote
  • animal welfare

Originally Posted by KailashSingh
    Yes, The Barking Army is an NGO working for dog welfare from US and RESQ is one from Pune.

It is nice to see this thread. All threads generally talk of projects and pros and cons. Part of our money can be set aside to feed animals,win their confidence and especially dogs can be got sterilised by competent vets of RESQ and Blue Cross.This will be good service to the society. it will add value to your society by having only sterilised dogs hanging around.These strays will prevent other strays from coming to the society area as dogs are very territorial.
    If dogs are picked up and thrown far away,the vacuum in your society area will be filled up by other strays attracted by waste food stuff etc.
    I have got at least 25 dogs sterilised in and around the place where I used to stay earlier. In the present place of stay I have arranged for five dogs to be sterilised and they have become docile and prevent other strays from coming in the society area.It has proved beneficial for all concerned except the must fussy people who object to the very sight of dogs but overlook overflowing dustbins,public defecation and urination by human beings.
    We must be humane in our actions and be tolerant to animals.
    CommentQuote
  • Just a REMINDER ..!!!
    Please keep water in small bowls on your terraces or windows so that thirsty birds can drink that.
    CommentQuote
  • https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=24988
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=25833
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote