Hi Guys,

Need your valuable suggestions.

My company tied up with for purshase of Mobiles,Laptops on discounted rate which have to be purchased from samsungestore.com.

First of all we had to register at samsungestore by which we got a discount coupon generated and emailed to us on our email id's.

Now the issue is while checking discounted rates of various mobiles, we found that S dous was for rs 4079:bab (59):, a discount of over 8K, whereas all other handset was available at discount of 1-1.5K.
As the offer was too appealing, around 50 of my colleagues ordered S dous within some hours.

We have got a confirmation email and sms from that the order was successful and will be shipped soon.

But, But, But the very next day, we all got a call from Samsumg that it was a technical error and the real discounted price was 10K, now if you want to purchase, you have to pay the additional amount or the order will be cancelled.

Now my point is why would we suffer due to some error at their part.
Can we got to consumer court? Remember we have email and sms from them.

Waiting for your suggestions.
Thanks
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • read their term and condition in your order booked,, for which you got email,

if they mentioned in T&C " subject to stock last,,, or'' subject to availbailty..'' then your case is weak,,,

other wise,, your case is very strong,, and you will win..
    do u all paid by credit card online..? or it is COD

the same case i faced, ,when dealsandyou offerd discounted offer for srinagar trip... later they didnt give and cancelled the order and refund the money...
    CommentQuote
  • There's nothing written in Order Sucess email we have got such as " Subject to availability" or "till stock lasts".
    But they would always have terms & conditions applied wherever we order online troughh their website.

All the payments were through credit card or netbanking or credit card emi.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ekthatiger
    There's nothing written in Order Sucess email we have got such as " Subject to availability" or "till stock lasts".
    But they would always have terms & conditions applied wherever we order online troughh their website.

All the payments were through credit card or netbanking or credit card emi.

then there is very vry good case in your favour.. you will WIN.. i know,,,, if you present your case in right way,,
    is this from delhi,,,

this is will go to district forum.. as per your location.. there are 9 district consumer court in delhi... then state commission,, then national commiision,, then supreme court.
    CommentQuote
  • my company is based bathinda.
    If u can tell how should i proceed, what is the procedure for case registration and is there an consumer court in bathinda.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ekthatiger
    my company is based bathinda.
    If u can tell how should i proceed, what is the procedure for case registration and is there an consumer court in bathinda.

Bhatinda District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum
    The President
    District & Sessions Judge, District Courts,
    Near Bus Stand, Bhatinda
    Punjab
    Tel :- 0164-2215855
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks alot :)
    CommentQuote
  • Hey
    Went to consumer coutt here in bathinda.....acc to them we have minimal chance in winning. By their exp...we should nt file.
    Their advocate will easily dismiss our case by saying its a clerical error and we have already fired the person and you haven't occured and financial loss, soo case doesnt stand.
    Your take please.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    CommentQuote
  • Clerical error cannot explain the way things were done by the company.Go ahead and file a suit if you feel fit.You had read the offer and acted upon it.How are you to know it is clerical error or real offer.it is internal matter of company concerned and they should have systems in place to prevent such errors.
    You have paid the amount shown in their offer and they have accepted it.Now they have to honor the contract and suffer any loss as it is their own negligence.
    Dont get carried away by clerical excuse theme.
    CommentQuote
  • Theoritically company is accountable for such thing and not clerk. They should have at least 4 eyes principle instilled for financial matters. Still organization can find many other ways to not honor. One simple reason I can think of is that stock is finished. New stock comes at a diif price... :)
    CommentQuote