Lawlessness in haryana and UP

Last updated: April 25 2014
5 | Posts
690 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawlessness in haryana and UP

Why are authorities in UP and Haryana impotent that there is a sense of lawlessness in haryana and UP in everything, whether its about not paying toll on toll plazas or jumping queues or jumping traffic light or ogling at women or passing comments. I read in newspaper few days ago that police and toll operators arw urging local villagers to pay toll and telling them the benefits of the same. Why would you urge them and enforce on us the same thing?

On one hand you call Gurgaon a milenium city and on the other hand you have no control over 80% (rural) of the city"s population.

Best thing is as soon as these only local gawars enter delhi"s borders, they cover their beacons, start following traffic rules. So I guess its the attitude of these people that nobody can touch them in Haryana or UP, largely attributed to the casteism and impotency of the system.

Thoughts please...

Re : Lawlessness in haryana and UP

UP and parts of Haryana have been lawless.
    This is squarely due to political interference and police apathy.
    As long as police selection,training and independence from tight political control is not introduced,no change is likely in the situation.
    Change in government will mean change in control master only,but common citizen will be still in trouble,since police attitude toward law enforcement is biased and ill enforced.
    When we see police men in uniform driving through no entry signs,you can well understand the mentality of law enforcers.
    Radical change in the way we function as a nation can only cure all these ills.

Comment

Yesterday I was waiting at a toll for my turn and suddenly a car went past me breaking the queue and started trying to enter the lane around 4-5 cars ahead of me and then another car being driven by a policeman drove past me and I thought he was chasing that particular car which was trying to break the queue and for once I thought what I was thinking was correct but nope. This policeman actually did the same as the car ahead of it, broke the queue, said something to the Toll operator and crossed without paying toll. Sadly both the cars had "Bhadana" written on their back. It is very suffocating that living in the same conditions, paying taxes, why so much inequality???

I live In Haryana and it is so embarrassing to say that policemen stop people like us for routine checkups and they let past the cars with people talking on phones without seat belts, sipping beer just because they have some Jat or Gujjar surname written on their cars.

I think enforcement comes from the top but then our top politicians are pro-casteism, how can the laws be enforced? Politicians should put pressure on top brass who in turn can tighten up the middle level enforcers and they in turn can tighten the noose on lower level enforcers.

Comment

miketest,
        It is from this breed of lawbreaking people some of our law makers come from.
        No wonder they have no real respect for law.
        Law is for common man,but for themselves, law is what they say or do.
        Any one questioning them will be in trouble.
        It will take a really tough leader to cure us of these type of ills.

Comment

The situation in places like Gurgaon is terrible. And you can't even trust the police. Once they started beating up my friends with lathis just because he matched the description of a thief and only later did they find out that it wasn't him. Gurgaon would be a great place to live if not for the lawlessness and the horrible police.

Comment

I agree and problem is that they favor people of their castes instead of actually seeing what's right and what's wrong

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X