Hi guys,
As all of you know, sensational anti-corruption drive is going on at jantar mantar by Anna Hazare...does anyone know in pune if people are gathering to show solidarity to Anna Hazare??? I would really like to participate...
Read more
94 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Gr8 me too would do in Mumbai !

Originally Posted by gandalf
    Hi guys,
    As all of you know, sensational ani-corruption drive is going on at jantar mantar by Anna Hazare...does anyone know in pune if people are gathering to show solidarity to Anna Hazare??? I would really like to participate...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gandalf
    does anyone know in pune if people are gathering to show solidarity to Anna Hazare??? I would really like to participate...

आंदोलनात सामील होण्यासाठी संपर्क-
    मा.राधेश्याम जगताप ( पुणे जिल्हाध्यक्ष - भ्रष्टाचार विरोधी जन आंदोलन न्यास(संस्थापक मा.अण्णासाहेब हजारे) ९८९०५४१०६९ किवा आपले दूरध्वनी क्रमांक मेसेज करावेत. निदर्शनाआधी आपल्याला संपर्क करण्यात येईल.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hitmady
    मा.राधेश्याम जगताप ( पुणे जिल्हाध्यक्ष - भ्रष्टाचार विरोधी जन आंदोलन न्यास(संस्थापक मा.अण्णासाहेब हजारे) ९८९०५४१०६९ किवा आपले दूरध्वनी क्रमांक मेसेज करावेत. निदर्शनाआधी आपल्याला संपर्क करण्यात येईल.

Now this is my fb update :). Guys use social networking to pass on this message
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • pradip, thanks a lot for the link .:bab (48):

Originally Posted by pradip_pune
    Co-ordinators - Indiaagainstcorruption.org
    As per the site
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pradip_pune
    Co-ordinators - Indiaagainstcorruption.org
    As per the site

Thanks for the link man :).

Btw, the EGOM (Empowered Group of ministers) who were assigned to draft the policy & new laws/acts against corruption included the following:-

Kapil Sibal:- Who said 2G scam never took place,
    Verappa Moily:- One of the 'cut taker' in Congress &
    Sharad Pawar....need to elaborate further??:D .

It is only now that post objections from Hazare & Co., Sharad Pawar has been dropped. Man, it is like a murderer is drafting the IPC 302 code:D.

Btw, it is only Congress which is opposed to this Lokpal Bill, guess the reasons for this??

* Today NCP made a statement that Anna Hazare himself is highly corrupt while Congress said that Anna Hazare works for RSS.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Thanks for the link man :).

Btw, the EGOM (Empowered Group of ministers) who were assigned to draft the policy & new laws/acts against corruption included the following:-

Kapil Sibal:- Who said 2G scam never took place,
    Verappa Moily:- One of the 'cut taker' in Congress &
    Sharad Pawar....need to elaborate further??:D .

It is only now that post objections from Hazare & Co., Sharad Pawar has been dropped. Man, it is like a murderer is drafting the IPC 302 code:D.

Hope this turns out to be a 20 hour match... UPA has lost 1 big wicket on the first day itself and Anna's team has perfect bowling attack of honesty, good intentions and impeccable record. I am backing Anna's team to wrap up the politico innings in 4-5 overs.. guys please do betting (support) from Anna's side.. :)

Btw, it is only Congress which is opposed to this Lokpal Bill, guess the reasons for this??

Anna also mentioned that he is ready to be a part of the committee (walk the talk) provided Sonia Maino also joins it... this will never happen as it will mean Sonia will have to be accountable for the decisions. Cong will never make that happen.

For quite some time, whenever Cong does anything good, it is attributed to Gandhi family while when anything bad happens, the blame goes to the party leaders like MMS but none of the problem actually gets attributed to Sonia/Rahul or Priyanka...

* Today NCP made a statement that Anna Hazare himself is highly corrupt while Congress said that Anna Hazare works for RSS.

There is a simple test to find the honesty...
    When cornered, honest people attack the evidence while the corrupt/guilty people attack the the person/entity which brings the evidence... The simple observation that Cong/NCP are attacking Anna but not the points he is raising, says it all... :-)
    CommentQuote
  • In support of 'India Against Corruption' please post on facebook, orkut, tweeter etc following

Ind Against Corrupt (janlokpal) on Twitter
    India Against Corruption | Facebook
    India Against Corruption

CommentQuote
  • Anna Hazare fasts unto death starting 5th April.

Anna Hazare fasts unto death starting 5th April.
    He is demanding enactment of a strong anti-corruption law - Jan Lokpal Bill - to ensure swiftness and certainty of punishment to the corrupt.

Will his fast have any impact on the deaf Government of India?

Yes, it certainly would. Because, last time when Anna sat on fast -
    • 6 corrupt ministers in Maharashtra had to resign
    • 400 corrupt officers were dismissed from job
    • 2002 - Maharashtra RTI Act was passed
    • 2006 - Central Government withdrew its proposal to amend Central RTI Act

Now Anna is fasting to demand Jan Lokpal Bill. JAN LOKPAL BILL will act as deterrent and instill fear in the minds of corrupt people.

"At 78, Anna is not fasting for himself, he is fasting for the future of my kid. I will myself fast on 5th April for a day and ask my 5 year daughter also to skip a meal on 5th April," Rakesh, a engineer.

What can you do?

"Let the whole nation fast for a day on 5th April and pray for a corruption free India. Collective prayers are very powerful. Let the whole nation pray against corruption," appeals Anna Hazare.

"Lets reach Jantar Mantar in thousands, in lakhs from 5th April. I will be there - day and night - with Anna. We will all sleep on the roads of Jantar Mantar. Anna's fast can change India's history. Can't you take a few days off from your work and be a part of it?" Arvind Kejriwal

"Send us a missed call at 02261550789 to stay updated about this movement. Forward this mail to everyone," Kiran Bedi

Do watch this film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eJnyPRWHzc

Across India, join Sri Sri Ravishankar, Swami Agnivesh, Arch Bishop of Delhi Vincent Concessao, Mahmood A Madani, Kiran Bedi, J M Lyngdoh, Shanti Bhushan, Prashant Bhushan, Arvind Kejriwal, Mufti Shamoom Qasmi, Mallika Sarabhai, Arun Bhatia, Sunita Godara, Swami Ramdev, All India Bank Employees Federation, PAN IIT Alumni Association, Common Cause, Foundation for Restoration of National Values and many other prominent organizations and leaders, as India comes out on the streets!

200+ CITIES WILL RALLY BEHIND ANNA!

Salient features of Jan Lokpal Bill

Drafted by Justice Santosh Hegde, Prashant Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal, this Bill has been refined on the basis of feedback received from public on website and after series of public consultations. It has also been vetted by and is supported by Shanti Bhushan, J M Lyngdoh, Kiran Bedi, Anna Hazare etc. It was sent to the PM and all CMs on 1st December.

An institution called LOKPAL at the centre and LOKAYUKTA in each state will be set up
      Like Supreme Court and Election Commission, they will be completely independent of the governments. No minister or bureaucrat will be able to influence their investigations.
      Cases against corrupt people will not linger on for years anymore: Investigations in any case will have to be completed in one year. Trial should be completed in next one year so that the corrupt politician, officer or judge is sent to jail within two years.
      The loss that a corrupt person caused to the government will be recovered at the time of conviction.
      How will it help a common citizen: If any work of any citizen is not done in prescribed time in any government office, Lokpal will impose financial penalty on guilty officers, which will be given as compensation to the complainant.
      So, you could approach Lokpal if your ration card or passport or voter card is not being made or if police is not registering your case or any other work is not being done in prescribed time. Lokpal will have to get it done in a month’s time. You could also report any case of corruption to Lokpal like ration being sid off, poor quality roads been constructed or panchayat funds being sid off. Lokpal will have to complete its investigations in a year, trial will be over in next one year and the guilty will go to jail within two years.
      But won’t the government appoint corrupt and weak people as Lokpal members? That won’t be possible because its members will be selected by judges, citizens and constitutional authorities and not by politicians, through a completely transparent and participatory process.
      What if some officer in Lokpal becomes corrupt? The entire functioning of Lokpal/ Lokayukta will be completely transparent. Any complaint against any officer of Lokpal shall be investigated and the officer dismissed within two months.
      What will happen to existing anti-corruption agencies? CVC, departmental vigilance and anti-corruption branch of CBI will be merged into Lokpal. Lokpal will have complete powers and machinery to independently investigate and prosecute any officer, judge or politician.

PLS CIRCULATE THIS MAIL WIDELY

(This movement is neither affiliated nor aligned to any political party)

India Against Corruption: A-119, Kaushambi, Ghaziabad, UP | 09718500606

www.indiaagainstcorruption.org | indiaagainstcorruption.2010gmail.com | facebook.com/indiacor
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gandalf
    Hi guys,
    As all of you know, sensational ani-corruption drive is going on at jantar mantar by Anna Hazare...does anyone know in pune if people are gathering to show solidarity to Anna Hazare??? I would really like to participate...

Register yourself to this site

India Against Corruption » 48 hours without food. Join the revolution now!
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Sharad Pawar quits corruption panel as support for Anna Hazare grows - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: The Anna Hazare-led anti-corruption agitation claimed its first victim on Wednesday as agriculture minister Sharad Pawar resigned from the group of ministers (GoM) on corruption after being held up as an example by Hazare of a "corrupt" minister who is member of the government body considering measures to check graft.

Even as support for Hazare spread across the country with civil society holding sit-ins in several cities, Pawar made his announcement at a public function. However, Hazare was unimpressed, saying he should resign as minister also.

"When he (Pawar) was chief minister, I returned the Padma Shri. Our problem has not been resolved by Pawar resigning from the GoM. One Pawar goes, another will come. We want a joint committee," Hazare said.

(Read: Anna Hazare — The man who can't be ignored)

(Read: Lokpal Bill: Govt version vs civil society version)

Hazare had earlier also made a dig at Kapil Sibal, another member of the GoM on corruption, for seeking to downplay the 2G scam by claiming it caused "zero loss" to the exchequer.

Nearly 200 people joined Hazare in fasting at Jantar Mantar on Wednesday, and thousands of students, professionals and activists took out a candle-light procession at India Gate. The Congress's insinuation that Anna Hazare was protesting at the behest of the ruling party's opponents appeared to have struck a raw chord with the protestors, leading to Hazare writing a sharply-worded letter to the Prime Minister.

Hazare asked the PM to take credible steps on corruption instead of suspecting the protestors of working at the instigation of others. The anger at politicians was manifest at Jantar Mantar when two leaders, O P Chautala and Uma Bharati, came to show solidarity with Anna but were instead greeted with shouts of "netagiri nahi chalegi" and shooed off.

( Read: Hazare's supporters keep politicians away )

( Read: Aamir Khan, Bollywood support Anna Hazare )

Apart from former India cricket captain Kapil Dev, film icon Amir Khan expressed solidarity with Hazare and wrote to the PM asking Singh to heed the Gandhian's views. Ordinary people like 60-year-old Geeta Gupta came from Dehradun to support Hazare. "We can't sit idle. Anna has shown us the way," she said. Praveen Sharma, a professor of neurosurgery from Mumbai, said, "This is the moment to treat the malaise of corruption."

Beyond anger and passion there was a developing tension between the government and the agitators. The government, sensing the groundswell of support for the 72-year-old Gandhian on satyagraha, appeared to be easing up on Wednesday morning when some ministers said the government was willing to discuss all matters with Hazare. However, the accusation of him being an opposition stooge by a Congress leader, and the resultant sharp letter from Anna to the PM, seemed to have led to a hardening of positions once again.

Reacting to reports that he is being set up to take on the government, Hazare wrote to the PM that "this is an insult to my sense of wisdom and intelligence. I am not a kid that I could be instigated into going on an indefinite fast". Hazare told Singh to "stop finding faults and suspecting conspiracies", while adding that many of the GoM members on corruption "have such a shady past that if effective anti-corruption systems had been in place, some of them would have been behind bars."

Faced with Hazare's dismissive letter, the government indicated it is not conceding the demand to set up a joint drafting committee on a Lokpal bill. "This is the view of a small section of people. We are willing to listen but cannot be dictated to," said an official source. The pressure is, however, mounting with various "formulae" being informally considered.

(Read: What is Lokpal Bill)

(Read: All power to Anna, say TOI Online readers)

(Debate: Will Hazare's fast lead to a strong anti-corruption bill?)

Telecom minister Kapil Sibal said the sub-group that met the activists had no authority to commit to any proposal. "They wanted a decision right away, we said you have to wait. We are ready to talk on your issues," said Sibal. I&B minister Ambika Soni said the PM initiated a mechanism to consider suggestions from civil society activists on the Lokpal Bill. "That shows the credence attached to it," she said.

Law minister Veerappa Moily said "even on the demand for a joint committee, we said we were open. We never closed our mind...In principle we did not say no." The bill could be brought to Parliament next session.

The mood in the Hazare camp does not seem to favour assurances and activists want the drafting committee to be agreed to right away. They are also insistent that the Jan Lokpal bill they have framed be deliberated on by the committee and passed after considering the governments objections.

The government is sticking to the view that activists could circulate their version of the Lokpal for wider debate among all political parties and interest groups but cannot present the Centre with a no-choice situation.
    CommentQuote
  • Why do leeches like Pawar & Co., Nehru-Gandhi's unknown DNA are born in India?? :bab (45)::bab (38):. Can't they find some other country?? Better still if they are born in some nala.

Btw, PMC elections are approaching. Till date, 62 people have confirmed to me that they will vote this time. I expect to take this fig. to 250-300 by the time elections start. Man, you all too start doing this, when we will form a VOTE BANK, then & only then these leeches can be kicked out.

I would like to thank all the members here who have put up this wonderful info & links for anti-corruption campaign. I am forwarding this to entire address book of mine :).
    CommentQuote
  • thanks

Originally Posted by hitmady

Great, thanks hitmady....I am going to call them...
    CommentQuote
  • Yesterday Bobada pawar was asked about his views on this revolution and about his resigning from GOM of ani-corruption bill....and he answered, I would be happy to quit from all the GOM...what a lame answer...really shame...it just makes clear that he just isnt interested in bringing changing...he is so busy with milking money from evry where that he has no time for GOMs....
    Hope this fight continues...I am going to participate and help in whatever way I can.....
    CommentQuote