India is a Monarchy and only one party acts like that internally as well. The Congress is the only party which has one absolute ruler and all others are bootlicking subjects.

In the past people have given power to the BJP (NDA) as well as the third front.

Both those times, as soon as the parties got power the unravelling started as these parties had multiple power centers which dragged them apart and collapsed them.

Modi is nothing on his own unless he has the support of the jackals of the BJP. When the BJP does come to power, the same drama will be enacted. Pretty soon, with the help of Congress from the sidelines and AK to add to the spectacle, the NDA will unravel and we will be back to square one.

I surely have faith in Indians to behave like this and NEVER change! :)

Though I'd surely like to see that change.

cheers
Read more
43 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    India is a Monarchy and only one party acts like that internally as well. The Congress is the only party which has one absolute ruler and all others are bootlicking subjects.

In the past people have given power to the BJP (NDA) as well as the third front.

Both those times, as soon as the parties got power the unravelling started as these parties had multiple power centers which dragged them apart and collapsed them.

Modi is nothing on his own unless he has the support of the jackals of the BJP. When the BJP does come to power, the same drama will be enacted. Pretty soon, with the help of Congress from the sidelines and AK to add to the spectacle, the NDA will unravel and we will be back to square one.

I surely have faith in Indians to behave like this and NEVER change! :)

Though I'd surely like to see that change.

cheers

Possibly coz the monarchs delivered and everyone fell in line .....Now Rule of monarchs seems to be over, the young scion is out on the streets, being made to work hard like never before.

Don't do injustice to NDA by comparing them to third front. To most of Indians, NDA with Modi at helm looks way too better ...

Didn't understand your line ( marked in red )
    CommentQuote
  • Economy fundamentals are not corelated with legislature composition.

What matter is Executive's decisons, which will remain same whether it is modi, raga or any other front, and will be charachterised by Crony Capitalism (regardless of ideology - all these parties are same).

Economy depends on business leaders and will improve naturally(self correction) by good fundamental backed busines decisions, private banks due diligence will improve (which is not bad either, it is PSB which are more prone to corruption), demand increase of basic commodities and infrastructre development.

AK's vision is best suited as he has outlined that business the domain of buisnessmen and the govt's focus is to provide corruption free environment (play a role of enabler by simplyfying procedure- not mean to remove environment laws)

(
    Originally Posted by Arneett
    Possibly coz the monarchs delivered and everyone fell in line .....Now Rule of monarchs seems to be over, the young scion is out on the streets, being made to work hard like never before.

Don't do injustice to NDA by comparing them to third front. To most of Indians, NDA with Modi at helm looks way too better ...

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Arneett

What have the Monarchs delivered?

Back in 1950, after WW2, we had India at the same level as Japan (completely destroyed by the war), China, Singapore, etc.

Today ... I don't have to say much. Even when there is a focus on Asia, when countries are listed, most times India is missing.

Except in our press - where everyone acts as though we are the center of the world - most of the rest of the world ignores us on most measures.

And this is with a country with the kind of resources (both human and material) that we possess.

About the behavior, our DNA (forged by millennia of living under Monarchy) is only to accept absolute rule. When you bring in any other structure with multiple power centers (like NDA, third front) we as Indians cannot work with it. They collapse with the active support of the Monarchy (Cong).

If the BJP forms a strong Govt, let us see whether they will last in power for long enough and have the ability for long enough to keep away vested interests to enact real structural reforms to take this country onto fundamentally sound fast-track.

That is really what is needed. Merely coming to power is no good as we will slip back to old habits soon and keep squabbling as usual (aka the Indian Crab! :))

cheers
    CommentQuote

Back in 1950, after WW2, we had India at the same level as Japan (completely destroyed by the war), China, Singapore, etc.

Today ... I don't have to say much. Even when there is a focus on Asia, when countries are listed, most times India is missing.

Except in our press - where everyone acts as though we are the center of the world - most of the rest of the world ignores us on most measures.

And this is with a country with the kind of resources (both human and material) that we possess.

About the behavior, our DNA (forged by millennia of living under Monarchy) is only to accept absolute rule. When you bring in any other structure with multiple power centers (like NDA, third front) we as Indians cannot work with it. They collapse with the active support of the Monarchy (Cong).

If the BJP forms a strong Govt, let us see whether they will last in power for long enough and have the ability for long enough to keep away vested interests to enact real structural reforms to take this country onto fundamentally sound fast-track.

That is really what is needed. Merely coming to power is no good as we will slip back to old habits soon and keep squabbling as usual (aka the Indian Crab! :))

cheers

You didn't get .... I mean to say that monarchs ( Read Gandhis ) have delivered for their party ( & not country !!) in the past by getting votes by waving their hands .... now things are changing evidenced by the fact that they are being made to work hard ....And still losing sheen ... maybe the worst performance ever.

Context was to have faith that things are changing .... people are getting restless and will demand good governance...........this will push change as has been seen in recent past.
    Another news .... same context .....Despite Sahara's political bedfellows, it is huge relief ( & reason for faith ) for most Indians that few institutions ( Supreme Court ) are not for sale, amidst the gloom around.

Often, the systemic problems in India get exaggerated when the mkts correct a little and the growth story exaggerated when the mkts are in overdrive mode.
    CommentQuote

cheers

Monarchist Congress, Anarchist Kejriwal, and Modi could well turn out to be "anarch Monarchist"!.

Modi appears to be too much of a "Gujarati" leader and doesn't come out as national figure. Had it not been anti-congress wave, neither Modi nor Kejriwal would have been making so much news.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PappuPilot
    Monarchist Congress, Anarchist Kejriwal, and Modi could well turn out to be "anarch Monarchist"!.

Modi appears to be too much of a "Gujarati" leader and doesn't come out as national figure. Had it not been anti-congress wave, neither Modi nor Kejriwal would have been making so much news.

If my aunt had moustaches I would call her my uncle. Isn't it?

It's obvious If congress had done a good job in power they could have again been in power but It didn't. And there are 121 billion other alternatives but Modi still stands out why? He must be respected for his achievements and as a leader, he became a strong force despite and inspite of all odds........ Just like a plane which flies as high as the wind is blowing against it.............. He made his wings made himself worthy of it............. Otherwise have you ever seen a rock flying?

I don't know what you mean by Modi not coming out as a nation leader.

He has been busy in being the CM of a state............... And it's clear that if you are a CM of a state then you can't be a national figure combined with zillions of onslaught by paid media about Gujrat riots for......... Yyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrs..... Literally.......... Nobody gave a shit about other trillions of riots all over the country before and after (still counting) Gujarat in 65 years of independent India

Bhagoda did tell you that to be a national figure you need to run like an ass from post of a CM and bark like dogs on paid national media sponsored by his masters in West.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by toocool

It's obvious If congress had done a good job in power they could have again been in power but It didn't.

He has been busy in being the CM of a state............... And it's clear that if you are a CM of a state then you can't be a national figure combined with zillions of onslaught by paid media about Gujrat riots for......... Yyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrs..... Literally.......... Nobody gave a shit about other trillions of riots all over the country before and after (still counting) Gujarat in 65 years of independent India

Bhagoda did tell you that to be a national figure you need to run like an ass from post of a CM and bark like dogs on paid national media sponsored by his masters in West.

What a post...!!!.. fantastic views, typical of a Modi 'bhakt'...:)

It reminds me of a statement made by Kiran Bedi sometime ago..., "Chor to dono hi hai, par bade chor ko pakdne ke liye chote chor ka saath dena pad sakta hai janta ko..." :P

In today's scandalous scenario where each party is outdoing the other in corrupt practises, i prefer to try a new entity rather repeat the circle of power between 'Do Thug'... :D

I have a very apt analogy to describe the options in todays scenario.. "Imagine, you have to hire an auto to reach your destination, you come across two Autowallah's... As usual, they both are unwilling to go by the meter, charging their own 'fixed & exorbitant price', but they know the way to the destination. Then, you come across a third autowallah, who is new in the city but is promising to take me to my destination, even though he might have to ask the way, but will take meter based fare... "

Who you choose is based on your preference of which Autowallah you think is required today for the job...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by toocool

It's obvious If congress had done a good job in power they could have again been in power but It didn't. And there are 121 billion other alternatives but Modi still stands out why? He must be respected for his achievements and as a leader, he became a strong force despite and inspite of all odds........ Just like a plane which flies as high as the wind is blowing against it.............. He made his wings made himself worthy of it............. Otherwise have you ever seen a rock flying?

I had just made a casual remark and not taking any sides, you can stop defending Modi.

The good thing is Modi still is not your aunt and you have few months to decide best aunt for your uncle, avoid the one with moustache :).

And BTW, you can't ignore an elephant (any politician's credentials) in the room either, and I am free to opine in this country.
    CommentQuote
  • I am for Modi for PM given congress show at present Indian position is like the beggar not much choice and Modi is the best however One thing is an RSS man and the idealogy of the RSS cannot be imposed on the Indian , if he runs the country as ram raj it will be great

I do have a personnel difference with regards to his position on minority referring to the controversial move of the Gujarat government on taking the possession of the agricultural lands of the Sikhs and other Punjabi farmers living in Kutch area of the state.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PappuPilot

I Disagree. Hope I justify my disagreement objectively by pointing out expected BJP's sweep in Northern / central India AND BJP's growing vote share in paces like southern states and North east. BJP is poised to register the highest seats by an individual party in last 30 years, if they cross 216 seats...... Can that be without Modi.
    Do not remember any other leader being so pervasive ( All sections ) in a long long time....He is definitely being seen as a PM in waiting.....

Initially Manmohan flattered but only to deceive........ Hopefully Modi will not do that.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guru1001

It reminds me of a statement made by Kiran Bedi sometime ago..., "Chor to dono hi hai, par bade chor ko pakdne ke liye chote chor ka saath dena pad sakta hai janta ko..." :P

In today's scandalous scenario where each party is outdoing the other in corrupt practises, i prefer to try a new entity rather repeat the circle of power between 'Do Thug'... :D

I have a very apt analogy to describe the options in todays scenario.. "Imagine, you have to hire an auto to reach your destination, you come across two Autowallah's... As usual, they both are unwilling to go by the meter, charging their own 'fixed & exorbitant price', but they know the way to the destination. Then, you come across a third autowallah, who is new in the city but is promising to take me to my destination, even though he might have to ask the way, but will take meter based fare... "

Who you choose is based on your preference of which Autowallah you think is required today for the job...

No Bhakti here ........I am going with the best option as of now , and I know now that Modi is going to be the PM now and hardly any force can stop him ? ............so why criticize him and for what ? I am looking at big picture and not narrow picture like Modi haters .........you guys are very short sighted . Be positive and everything positive will happen . Try it

And about auto rickshaw analogy .............the universe is a very complex place due to which there is no example or analogy can ever define the original perception perfectly .........think about it.

But since you have asked ,I will say .........it's not always about reaching the destination on time or late ..................if the driver is stupid and an ass like bhagoda then I may not reach the destination at all................and if he did drive rash and accident happened then I may reach in heaven much before I may have wanted to ...............

So I infact suggest you that since you know that Modi is next PM ,all people should vote for him because it will make him a strong PM and he will be able to do his work freely to take the nation ahead ..................otherwise you know how mute Mohan always pretended that he has to consult allies .......and we know it was all shit reason .......he didn't have spine as well.
    CommentQuote
  • Nothing personal

Originally Posted by Arneett
    I Disagree. Hope I justify my disagreement objectively by pointing out expected BJP's sweep in Northern / central India AND BJP's growing vote share in paces like southern states and North east. BJP is poised to register the highest seats by an individual party in last 30 years, if they cross 216 seats...... Can that be without Modi.
    Do not remember any other leader being so pervasive ( All sections ) in a long long time....He is definitely being seen as a PM in waiting.....

Initially Manmohan flattered but only to deceive........ Hopefully Modi will not do that.

Folks,

Please don't take anything personally because nothing is intended that way. But here are a couple of questions to be answered honestly.

1. How many of us recollect even thinking of Modi 2 years back and that too as a National LEader. From my side, BJP leader meant LKA.

2. Even after asking so many times, no one is able to show me how Gujarat is so spectacularly better off than any other state in India on important parameters - except of course for certain politically well-connected business groups doing very well in specific areas where Govt largesse is required!

So, until the Goa meet of the BJP, Modi was not even the consensus leader in BJP and that was not too long ago.

This smacks of opportunistic foisting of a "leader" with huge "accomplishments" to his credit (both of which are suspect until one gets enough data to support it.

And I strongly believe that Gujaratis aer born business people and almost ALL the success of "middle" Gujarat (not the fatcat big businesses but the small Gujarati enterpreneur) is mostly because of the tremendous Gujarati business acumen and not because of Modi's largesse.

Until someone helps me out with evidence that Modi has done an exemplary job of taking GJ far ahead of other states, I will believe the above. A well orchestrated media campaign which many of us are swallowing whole! :)

As to the question of whether NDA would be the best choice today, given the Cong performance of last 2 parliaments and AK being an anarchist, we are forced to accept NDA as the best available candidate - time will tell whether they will deliver this time around at National levels without collapsing.

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Real Estate Bubble set to burst again in India

Originally Posted by PappuPilot
    I had just made a casual remark and not taking any sides, you can stop defending Modi.

The good thing is Modi still is not your aunt and you have few months to decide best aunt for your uncle, avoid the one with moustache :).

And BTW, you can't ignore an elephant (any politician's credentials) in the room either, and I am free to opine in this country.

Your casual remark contained so much negativity that I posted some good things about Modi .

Change your perspective and all powers of universe will start helping you ...........1st said by , I don't know who, then said by Srk in Oso ................then repeated by bhagoda kursiwal ............tr it . It worked for him didn't it ?

So since Modi is next PM ........think only positive things he will do in India ................and believe me you will not regret it , remember all powers be with him if you are with him :-) thinking all positive .......

1st you didn't answer me ........have you ever seen a rock flying for extended period of time ?

Then you didn't even get my philosophical uncle and aunt quote .............and then you are asking absurd questions about it ............it really gone over you head clearly .........lol

No problem buddy...........tumse na ho payega ................
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guru1001

Bhakt ?? so typical of aaptards shall i say then ?
    what if the 3rd autowallah is neither capable nor interested in going there and as soon as you board, you realize that he is not interested in reaching destination but in just playing around fine-tuning his driving skills while the passenger who hired him is more interested in reaching the destination than taking left and right turn at every crossroad.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashish18
    Bhakt ?? so typical of aaptards shall i say then ?
    what if the 3rd autowallah is neither capable nor interested in going there and as soon as you board, you realize that he is not interested in reaching destination but in just playing around fine-tuning his driving skills while the passenger who hired him is more interested in reaching the destination than taking left and right turn at every crossroad.

Also what if he takes the passenger to heaven instead ? Lol

What if he didn't take you to destination and left you in the middle of the dark forest ? Or taken you somewhere else instead ..............lol

Naive will be naive
    CommentQuote