India is a Monarchy and only one party acts like that internally as well. The Congress is the only party which has one absolute ruler and all others are bootlicking subjects.

In the past people have given power to the BJP (NDA) as well as the third front.

Both those times, as soon as the parties got power the unravelling started as these parties had multiple power centers which dragged them apart and collapsed them.

Modi is nothing on his own unless he has the support of the jackals of the BJP. When the BJP does come to power, the same drama will be enacted. Pretty soon, with the help of Congress from the sidelines and AK to add to the spectacle, the NDA will unravel and we will be back to square one.

I surely have faith in Indians to behave like this and NEVER change! :)

Though I'd surely like to see that change.

cheers
Read more
43 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ashish18
    Bhakt ?? so typical of aaptards shall i say then ?
    what if the 3rd autowallah is neither capable nor interested in going there and as soon as you board, you realize that he is not interested in reaching destination but in just playing around fine-tuning his driving skills while the passenger who hired him is more interested in reaching the destination than taking left and right turn at every crossroad.

Not to forget if you question the auto-wallah regarding the detour/extra time/extra money taken, he may :

A. Stop the auto in the middle of the road and start a dharna against you.

B. Leave you stranded , and run away from his promise of getting you to the final destination.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashish18
    Bhakt ?? so typical of aaptards shall i say then ?
    what if the 3rd autowallah is neither capable nor interested in going there and as soon as you board, you realize that he is not interested in reaching destination but in just playing around fine-tuning his driving skills while the passenger who hired him is more interested in reaching the destination than taking left and right turn at every crossroad.

Ashish, i may not be able to answer your POV on this forum, but you may get a better idea if you see the recently held TOI debate in kolkatta, CONVERSE, in which the topic of discussion was 'New politics, is it good for opposition only, and not for governence'... It will give you some clarity about this..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by toocool
    Your casual remark contained so much negativity that I posted some good things about Modi .

Change your perspective and all powers of universe will start helping you ...........1st said by , I don't know who, then said by Srk in Oso ................then repeated by bhagoda kursiwal ............tr it . It worked for him didn't it ?

So since Modi is next PM ........think only positive things he will do in India ................and believe me you will not regret it , remember all powers be with him if you are with him :-) thinking all positive .......

1st you didn't answer me ........have you ever seen a rock flying for extended period of time ?

Then you didn't even get my philosophical uncle and aunt quote .............and then you are asking absurd questions about it ............it really gone over you head clearly .........lol

No problem buddy...........tumse na ho payega ................

That is exactly the problem with "Gujarati Modi" and his followers like yourself. Empty slogans (NaareBajee) and thinking in their little brain that they know everything. That's what you are doing in your post. Get over it.

Of course I got your quote, what is there not to get? And my reply was in line, why don't you try to see what I was implying?

BTW, many people think Modi would be a disaster for this country. And may be rightly so.
    CommentQuote
  • These bubble threads have a tendency to meander from anything to anyone.Whoever catches the fancy of the populace will become the leader.
    In the past Indira Gandhi caught the fancy of people and won.Later Manmohan singh's turn came and congress survived.Before that it was Vajapayee. Recently kejriwal became the toast of Delhiites but got roasted in the treacherous political field.
    WHATEVER WE MAY DISCUSS IT SEEMS MODI IS IN THE RECKONING. India is a country where we want one god to follow and other things take the back seat.We may dethrone the same god from his high pedestal turn to another god.Economy or other problems don't count in this scenario and nobody bothers about the views of the leader regarding the economy.
    I have nothing against any leader or any party. Anyone who saves the country is welcome.
    Elections campaigns are just mud slinging,silly slogans and false statements. There is no projection of a plan to lift the country.
    AT PRESENT THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE LEADER.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    India is a Monarchy and only one party acts like that internally as well. The Congress is the only party which has one absolute ruler and all others are bootlicking subjects.

In the past people have given power to the BJP (NDA) as well as the third front.

Both those times, as soon as the parties got power the unravelling started as these parties had multiple power centers which dragged them apart and collapsed them.

Modi is nothing on his own unless he has the support of the jackals of the BJP. When the BJP does come to power, the same drama will be enacted. Pretty soon, with the help of Congress from the sidelines and AK to add to the spectacle, the NDA will unravel and we will be back to square one.

I surely have faith in Indians to behave like this and NEVER change! :)

Though I'd surely like to see that change.

cheers

Wiseman, you have lost it. BJP is right now the only alternative, NDA did complete 5 years. If you dont support it thats alright but you have no right to spread lies.
    CommentQuote
  • Request Mods to note we are off topic and it is becoming more of a political discussion and for whioch there is a vibrant off topic forum.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PappuPilot
    That is exactly the problem with "Gujarati Modi" and his followers like yourself. Empty slogans (NaareBajee) and thinking in their little brain that they know everything. That's what you are doing in your post. Get over it.

Of course I got your quote, what is there not to get? And my reply was in line, why don't you try to see what I was implying?

BTW, many people think Modi would be a disaster for this country. And may be rightly so.

Aaahhh to get over your inbuilt negativity you must attend attend the classes of bhagoda party............ He with his positive attitude became the cm of Delhi and then ran like an ass.

If you didn't attend........ Then sorry buddy....... Tumse na ho payega
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rambler
    These bubble threads have a tendency to meander from anything to anyone.Whoever catches the fancy of the populace will become the leader.
    In the past Indira Gandhi caught the fancy of people and won.Later Manmohan singh's turn came and congress survived.Before that it was Vajapayee. Recently kejriwal became the toast of Delhiites but got roasted in the treacherous political field.
    WHATEVER WE MAY DISCUSS IT SEEMS MODI IS IN THE RECKONING. India is a country where we want one god to follow and other things take the back seat.We may dethrone the same god from his high pedestal turn to another god.Economy or other problems don't count in this scenario and nobody bothers about the views of the leader regarding the economy.
    I have nothing against any leader or any party. Anyone who saves the country is welcome.
    Elections campaigns are just mud slinging,silly slogans and false statements. There is no projection of a plan to lift the country.
    AT PRESENT THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE LEADER.

If you have read history, in India whenever weak leaders came to power it lead to chaos. Why history, we have a recent example of manmohan. I dont know whats wrong if people believe in someone, he is not offering free electricity, free water or any other freebies. He is only talking about giving people growth opportunities, giving them jobs, bringing better governance. What kejriwal wanted to do belongs to a bolywood flick not reality. You want to become PM without having any experience of politics.
    CommentQuote
  • kinjalchato , some comic relief is needed always, otherwise it becomes monotonous and repetitive discussion which dies soon unless something extraordinary happens.

Originally Posted by kinjalchato
    Request Mods to note we are off topic and it is becoming more of a political discussion and for whioch there is a vibrant off topic forum.
    CommentQuote
    Folks,

Please don't take anything personally because nothing is intended that way. But here are a couple of questions to be answered honestly.

1. How many of us recollect even thinking of Modi 2 years back and that too as a National LEader. From my side, BJP leader meant LKA.

2. Even after asking so many times, no one is able to show me how Gujarat is so spectacularly better off than any other state in India on important parameters - except of course for certain politically well-connected business groups doing very well in specific areas where Govt largesse is required!

So, until the Goa meet of the BJP, Modi was not even the consensus leader in BJP and that was not too long ago.

This smacks of opportunistic foisting of a "leader" with huge "accomplishments" to his credit (both of which are suspect until one gets enough data to support it.

And I strongly believe that Gujaratis aer born business people and almost ALL the success of "middle" Gujarat (not the fatcat big businesses but the small Gujarati enterpreneur) is mostly because of the tremendous Gujarati business acumen and not because of Modi's largesse.

Until someone helps me out with evidence that Modi has done an exemplary job of taking GJ far ahead of other states, I will believe the above. A well orchestrated media campaign which many of us are swallowing whole! :)

As to the question of whether NDA would be the best choice today, given the Cong performance of last 2 parliaments and AK being an anarchist, we are forced to accept NDA as the best available candidate - time will tell whether they will deliver this time around at National levels without collapsing.

cheers

What is wrong if Modi has come to limelight by bringing focus to his development credentials. For the first time in Indian politics a CM has been able to project himself based on his work on development and not by promising freebies. Offering freebies is the easiest way a politician gets popular. Khejdiwal did that, on the very first day he made water and electricity free. Who ends up paying for free this and that? I think what Modi has been able to do has brought a lot of positivity in indian politics. Now other CMs have started beleiving that they too can become PM if they bring development. And if in 2 years Modi has brought this transformation he can do the same for Indias economic problems.

I know that Gujratis are good businessmen, but thats the reason a Modi came from Gujarat. On the other hand if a Mamta Benerjee were to somehow become gujarat CM, do you think it will still continue to flourish even with good businessmen. Adanis and many gujaratis have almost become bankrupt due to policies of central govt.
    CommentQuote
    What have the Monarchs delivered?

Back in 1950, after WW2, we had India at the same level as Japan (completely destroyed by the war), China, Singapore, etc.

Today ... I don't have to say much. Even when there is a focus on Asia, when countries are listed, most times India is missing.

Except in our press - where everyone acts as though we are the center of the world - most of the rest of the world ignores us on most measures.

And this is with a country with the kind of resources (both human and material) that we possess.

About the behavior, our DNA (forged by millennia of living under Monarchy) is only to accept absolute rule. When you bring in any other structure with multiple power centers (like NDA, third front) we as Indians cannot work with it. They collapse with the active support of the Monarchy (Cong).

If the BJP forms a strong Govt, let us see whether they will last in power for long enough and have the ability for long enough to keep away vested interests to enact real structural reforms to take this country onto fundamentally sound fast-track.

That is really what is needed. Merely coming to power is no good as we will slip back to old habits soon and keep squabbling as usual (aka the Indian Crab! :))

cheers

Unfortunately or fortunately individuals have played a role, Henry 8 of england or elizabeth or a roosevelt, gandhi, Einstein, Thatcher all these people have shaped our world as it is today. Our future will also be shaped or atleast be affected by some people. It is in times of crisis like these great leaders emerge. It is perhaps in our genes, we always know what is the right thing to do but we need some handholding, someone to give us a vision of a greater tomorrow, someone who is stronger than us. We all give up at times but when we see someone like Modi who is determined and strong willed, we tend to believe that what he says he can do, he can do it. Modi did not get anything easily. He had to fight internally to even get nominated, he survived godhra crisis, he was opposed by strong allies like Nitish, he has Congress and almost every political outfit trying to discredit him. Still he has been smart enough to circumvent all those odds against him. Dont you think we deserve a smart and strong leader like him? Come on guys, if not him then who? Amma and Mulayam? They are better than Manmohan but not Modi, Kejriwal? He will give up before any small obstacle, Mamta? Expect west bengal like hunger and poverty everywhere, prices will fall but incomes will fall faster. What is it about Modi that puts some of you off? Is it his caste?
    CommentQuote
    Folks,

Please don't take anything personally because nothing is intended that way. But here are a couple of questions to be answered honestly.

1. How many of us recollect even thinking of Modi 2 years back and that too as a National LEader. From my side, BJP leader meant LKA.

2. Even after asking so many times, no one is able to show me how Gujarat is so spectacularly better off than any other state in India on important parameters - except of course for certain politically well-connected business groups doing very well in specific areas where Govt largesse is required!

So, until the Goa meet of the BJP, Modi was not even the consensus leader in BJP and that was not too long ago.

This smacks of opportunistic foisting of a "leader" with huge "accomplishments" to his credit (both of which are suspect until one gets enough data to support it.

And I strongly believe that Gujaratis aer born business people and almost ALL the success of "middle" Gujarat (not the fatcat big businesses but the small Gujarati enterpreneur) is mostly because of the tremendous Gujarati business acumen and not because of Modi's largesse.

Until someone helps me out with evidence that Modi has done an exemplary job of taking GJ far ahead of other states, I will believe the above. A well orchestrated media campaign which many of us are swallowing whole! :)

As to the question of whether NDA would be the best choice today, given the Cong performance of last 2 parliaments and AK being an anarchist, we are forced to accept NDA as the best available candidate - time will tell whether they will deliver this time around at National levels without collapsing.

cheers

No Media campaign can last that long ... Now even US/UK has relented ...Please Sir !

As for data to prove etc.....No data will be enuff. If one is fortunate to be moving around / travelling in different cities / places and over a period of time ---- you will know.

Conversely, if you were to prove thru any data that Manmohan is a strong PM , it wont change the perception or rather the reality that he was the weakest PM ever.
    CommentQuote
  • Modi wants to change 10 years of misrule but Congress has come with B team - AAP.

Kejriwal (before becoming CM) - Sheila is corrupt. We have all proofs. We will convict her.

Kejriwal (after becoming CM) - If BJP leader, Dr Harshvardhan give us proofs, then we will take action.

What an example of honesty!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Answers in red

Originally Posted by wiseman
    Folks,

And how many other leaders do you recall from two years back ? Rahul Gandhi ? Arivind Kerjriwal ?

And when was the last time since india's independance that you saw some state or region doing spectacularly well on any parameters ? Infact who does the study & number tweaking on studies on those parameters .... if its state government then its biased ... if its central govt. then also it will be biased...or Mr. Arvind Kerjriwal :-P

I would suggest instead of waiting for some studies ... go visit the place ... or talk to people who are from that state..

Unless you are chosen leader by your surname .... others will have to fight for it...and sell there accomplishments.
    Do you think your company CEO gets choosen by consensus ? hell even in democracy the leader is not by the consensus of voters (MMS)...

As for 2002 ... you have to understand that the only person who doesn't make a mistake is the one who has done nothing...aka Rahul Gandhi. For someone to rise from a tea vendor to PM candidate ... i personally don't think its such a big deal. There was very little any other leader (take your pick from indian history) could have done after what happened in Godhra ... its a different thing that everybody will point fingers but see what happens in riots in Muzzafarnagar ?

Talent alone doesn't matter ... the environment has to allow for that talent to grow & create.
    Why do you think indians are so successfull in silicon valley but not in india ?

Not all drink the media kool-aid. But tell how does getting data from someone instead of collecting it yourself is not drinking some-one else's kool-aid ?

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • wiseman,
    Lets not turn this thread into political tu tu mei mei...There are many threads in off-topic section to discuss this...

Just one point - If Gujarat is great only because Gujaratis are born businessmen, then why is Marwad/Rajasthan not the most prosperous region of the world? Why Indians are most successful community in west while India remains a 3rd world country?

You are ignoring the importance of enabling environment.
    CommentQuote