Hi,
Not sure if this is the right forum. Still will go ahead hoping to get some useful info.
I am staying in pune for more than one and half years. As of now in a rented house in PS area. I do have a voter id in my native place - orissa . I would like to partiticipate in the municipal elections and others going forward here. Can some body let me know what should be done for this ?
Thanks
Pradip
Read more
19 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Pradip, in next election you would see notifications in media like news paper etc. Also local political party workers in PS will put some stalls or will put up something on your society notice board...
    CommentQuote
  • Jaago Re! One Billion Votes India

after filling the form, Go to nearest govt school . Mostly they collect the forms. or at least they will guide you.
    GEt the form verified. at times they might ask like "Where is your native place..then blah blah...some more Mis-information"..Indirect way of discouraging voters not to vote. I felt there is conspiracy by the local corporators etc., they know who is their voter base. they will try that others name doesnot figure in the voter list. So just not rely on submitting the forms to your local corporator office.

the school teacher informed me that 25th Oct is the last date for voter registration for 2014 election.
    Youth of this country must vote else Donot crib When you see Lokpal bill thrown out, but Food bill/communal bill/ Quota raj/ Pseudo secularism/ Garib Hatao - one way or the other route to corruption - be it any party
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pradip_pune
    Jaago Re! One Billion Votes India

after filling the form, Go to nearest govt school . Mostly they collect the forms. or at least they will guide you.
    GEt the form verified. at times they might ask like "Where is your native place..then blah blah...some more Mis-information"..Indirect way of discouraging voters not to vote. I felt there is conspiracy by the local corporators etc., they know who is their voter base. they will try that others name doesnot figure in the voter list. So just not rely on submitting the forms to your local corporator office.

the school teacher informed me that 25th Oct is the last date for voter registration for 2014 election.
    Youth of this country must vote else Donot crib When you see Lokpal bill thrown out, but Food bill/communal bill/ Quota raj/ Pseudo secularism/ Garib Hatao - one way or the other route to corruption - be it any party

Doesnt matter...
    Even if the electoral list and the machines are not rigged, the voting from slums far outnumbers the votes of the urban educated voter..

I am sounding pessimistic. But okay, vote karne mein kya jaata hai. Lets try.

>> ..Indirect way of discouraging voters not to vote.

Seems true. It is strange that fewer and fewer urban educated young (below 30) are part of electoral rolls. When I filled up the form and submitted, the guy at the local sarkari school (near a slum) added two more names of some slum dwellers standing nearby in the form, as my relatives. When I protested, he turned belligerent and asked me what is my problem if someone else also gets voter card. My problem is that they should fill up their own forms, and they are not my relatives, and probably, they will end up with two voter cards.

And I still have not got my voter card. Probably my "relatives" have.
    CommentQuote
  • As per Jaagore website info, you dont need voter card to vote. Once your name is added to the voter list. you can vote just by showing any id proof.
    -Pradip

Request moderator to make this thread Sticky, since this is an election year. Even if it brings to a few people's attention, will be a service to the nation.
    CommentQuote
  • Vote-Easily - Home

Above link is also useful. you can apply for voter ID card as well as change the existing details.

Please vote to make politicians realize power of urban voters. please dont treat this as holiday. if you vote for right candidate you will have more peaceful holidays in next five years.this is the only way that we can bring much needed change in the society. if you don't want to vote for any candidate you choose right to reject. This count will also make politicians think.
    CommentQuote
  • Very nice link.
    CommentQuote
  • even this vote easy group provides dropbox in society /colleges (just need to put your information on their site) so that you can drop your forms to the drop box and they will collect those and do the rest and you need not to go to any government office.

Life cant be easier than this guys. wake up.
    CommentQuote
  • Very nice thread started.
    I believe it is our responsibility to help out those want to participate in voting.
    CommentQuote
  • Q . How can I get registered/enrolled in the Electoral Roll? (http://ceo.maharashtra.gov.in/)

Ans. You have to submit a filled in Form - 6 to the ERO of the Assembly Constituency. If you are located in Maharashtra, the list of EROs can be found at Electoral Rolls Page of this site. Else contact the District Election Officer at the District Magistrate's office.

Following are the various forms useful for registration as voter, corrections, change in address etc.

For inclusion of names Form- 6

For any objection on inclusion of names Form- 7

For correction of entries in the Electoral Rolls Form- 8

For transposition of entry in electoral roll Form- 8A

Download forms at http://ceo.maharashtra.gov.in/
    CommentQuote
  • https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=38811

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=38812

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=38813

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=38814

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=38815

Here are all the Forms !!
    CommentQuote
  • The more i enquire about these forms, the more i am getting confused. Today I went to Chinchwad municipal corporation and met the election officer there. What i got to know from him was, if you are already registered in another constituency voter list , then you need to submit form-7 there to get your name removed from that list and take the acknowledgement for form-7 and while submitting the form-6 in new location-pune attach that acknowledgement of form-7. now that is a tedious process and may take a while. and is not possibel before 25th.
    However, if i directly submit form-6 without disclosing the earlier registration, they will add to the voter list here. provided they donot get any validation error while adding mine. the valdiation error may come if my name is registered in that voter list.

Most likely my name is removed from the voter list in native place, so planning to submit the form-6 directly.
    CommentQuote
  • You can fill the form 7 online as well.
    Once you fill it you will get acknowledgment number. That number you can mention in form 6 and submit form 6
    No need to wait for the name to get deleted.
    CommentQuote
  • Good thread man. In our society, people have already taken out print outs for forms & giving to those interested. They are also submitting to concerned Govt official. Till date, atleast 15 forms have been submitted in our society. 5 of them will be first time voters.
    CommentQuote
  • @Realacres
    I had organised voter Id filling up in my society along with other committee members and got at least 250 VoterID cards and have submitted many more forms for obtaining IDs.We intend voting carefully this election.This election is the last chance for our Country to get a good government.Enough of the present category of RE politicians. Middle class people should get organised and vote en masse.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123
    @Realacres
    I had organised voter Id filling up in my society along with other committee members and got at least 250 VoterID cards and have submitted many more forms for obtaining IDs.We intend voting carefully this election.This election is the last chance for our Country to get a good government.Enough of the present category of RE politicians. Middle class people should get organised and vote en masse.

+1000
    And those who didn't find any candidate worth, there is NOTA option on EVM, thanks to SC. :)
    And yes, vote for state elections (to save resources getting diverted to Baramati) & lok sabha (to save country falling completely in foreign hands).
    CommentQuote