Hi Guys,

I am starting this thread just to get clear picture how my Vote will affect my property.

Please comments.
Read more
Reply
18 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Third front will be average for economy. RE will fall badly because of poorer economy. Example - property markets of 1990, 1997 both fell badly.

    BJP will be great for economy. RE will not perform so well because BJP will increase efficiency of RE and thus more supply will come in. Example 1999-2004 when property markets expanded a lot but without much price rise.

    Congress will cause crash of the economy and currency. Inflation will be very high. Property prices will however march up based on currency depreciation and inflation - and because Congress is a party of property dealers. Example 1980-1988, 1992-1995, 2004-2008, 2009-2012.

    Congress chances are nil. BJP chances are good - so good chances for a reasonable RE market. Third front chances are medium. So a medium chance of a bad fall.

    Best option is to wait for election and buy only if BJP or Congress wins. If BJP winds, buy stocks and then RE in 2015. If congress wins buy RE immediately. Dont buy RE if third front comes.
    CommentQuote
  • There is absolutely no doubt that BJP led government will be formed with support from parties like ADMK/ BJD / YSR congress / TDP. The question is wether they will get 200 seats or 220 or 240 is what will define the shape and contour of what holds for the indian economy in future.

    so for instance if they get 180 seats and if they have to depend on likes of SP/ BSP/ Trinamool / ADMK then the government will spend a lot of time managing ally trouble and the situation will be slightly better than UPA.

    If they get 240 seats then they can pick and choose reliable/ sensible/ pro reform allies and will be phenomenol for the indian economy.

    whatever is good for the indian economy ultimately translates and benefits the different segments of the economy including real estate. This impacts the demand side

    Real estate will also depend on other factors like decisions related to FAR , evolution and form of real estate regulatory bill . They will have impact on the available inventory and hence will impact the supply side a lot.

    Land being a state subject a lot of supply side dynamics will also get impacted by the state government and what actions will the new government do to reverse or modify the earlier governments initiatives

    so overall it is better to wait and watch irrespective of wether you are already invested or considering investing . However the long term potential of this segment is unimpaired.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kinjalchato
    There is absolutely no doubt that BJP led government will be formed with support from parties like ADMK/ BJD / YSR congress / TDP. The question is wether they will get 200 seats or 220 or 240 is what will define the shape and contour of what holds for the indian economy in future.

    so for instance if they get 180 seats and if they have to depend on likes of SP/ BSP/ Trinamool / ADMK then the government will spend a lot of time managing ally trouble and the situation will be slightly better than UPA.

    If they get 240 seats then they can pick and choose reliable/ sensible/ pro reform allies and will be phenomenol for the indian economy.

    whatever is good for the indian economy ultimately translates and benefits the different segments of the economy including real estate. This impacts the demand side

    Real estate will also depend on other factors like decisions related to FAR , evolution and form of real estate regulatory bill . They will have impact on the available inventory and hence will impact the supply side a lot.

    Land being a state subject a lot of supply side dynamics will also get impacted by the state government and what actions will the new government do to reverse or modify the earlier governments initiatives

    so overall it is better to wait and watch irrespective of wether you are already invested or considering investing . However the long term potential of this segment is unimpaired.


    Agree. A lot of unreliable allies would be really terrible.

    Some allies like BSP sell their votes on a per bill basis. It is still acceptable.

    Any govt dependent on Mamta or Amma will be hamstrung. They can stymie almost any liberalization - and cause a logjam just like UPA 2.

    Real estate prices are already up a lot. Subpar performance with 5-8% annual growth is the best one can expect under normal circumstances.

    Agree on wait and watch. This is not the time for big risks
    CommentQuote
  • BJP effect on RE will be +ve.
    Congress neutral
    AAP RE will be watchful.
    CommentQuote
  • So that means my Vote should go for BJP.
    but the thing is BJP agar apni ++++ ka poora jor bhi laga le to bhi 272 ka magic number nahi la sakti..
    and den my vote will be wasted..
    CommentQuote
  • In long term - The growth of Nation does not necessarily mean growth in RE prices. The RE prices in India are high due to demand supply mismatch, lack of Investment Avenues, meteoric growth in recent past without accompanying supply and past history of good returns.

    The moment someone with right political will allow land reforms or even changes the CLU license raj.. the RE prices will rationalise. For higher or lower is anyone's guess.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahulchawla5
    So that means my Vote should go for BJP.
    but the thing is BJP agar apni ++++ ka poora jor bhi laga le to bhi 272 ka magic number nahi la sakti..
    and den my vote will be wasted..


    I will not be surprised if NDA gets between 220 to 240 seats .

    Getting additional 30 to 40 seats from relatively reliable ally is a piece of cake . For e.g Biju Janta dal, TDP , YSR congress between them can easily provide between 35 to 40 seats . They can always deal with BSP , and one can see Modi ji deliberately refraining from attacking BSP in any of its speaches.

    Hence BJP bargaining power increases dramatically in this situation and their ability to take decisions and large scale reforms improve drastically .

    The problem will be if they fall below 190 seats . I believe it is extremely unlikely this time around considering that they have been able to benefit from huge anti congress wave which no one else is able to capitalize in the North / west belt.

    and my personal view is one should vote for the party which is good for the country over the longer term and if country does well / RE will also do well . This has always been the case in past .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kinjalchato
    I will not be surprised if NDA gets between 220 to 240 seats .

    Getting additional 30 to 40 seats from relatively reliable ally is a piece of cake . For e.g Biju Janta dal, TDP , YSR congress between them can easily provide between 35 to 40 seats . They can always deal with BSP , and one can see Modi ji deliberately refraining from attacking BSP in any of its speaches.

    Hence BJP bargaining power increases dramatically in this situation and their ability to take decisions and large scale reforms improve drastically .

    The problem will be if they fall below 190 seats . I believe it is extremely unlikely this time around considering that they have been able to benefit from huge anti congress wave which no one else is able to capitalize in the North / west belt.

    and my personal view is one should vote for the party which is good for the country over the longer term and if country does well / RE will also do well . This has always been the case in past .


    I agree.

    Vote for India - as Modi would say.

    As for AAP - a good jolt of getting low number of seats should be useful for it to get its act together. We need an honest AAP - we dont need AAP to be another vote bank politician. We want AAP to replace COngress in the long run - we dont want another short lived Janata PArty.

    If AAP survives for 5 years and grows by accreting honest and decent people - then they can get a shot at power in 2019.

    In the meantime, we need then in the opposition to keep our politicians honest
    CommentQuote
  • Getting stable Government is the most important thing for development.BJP will probably emerge as biggest party with 200+ seats,but still far away from 272 seats. Allies will be the only option for BJP.
    Parties like SP while most communal and corrupt will talk of stopping communal parties from power,while negotiating deals to benefit themselves and prevent legal action from being taken against their leaders.
    AAP will do better than expected. I feel they will get nearly 50 seats,upsetting political calculations.
    RE is one sector and we can sacrifice growth in the sector in exchange for stable and progressive government.That type of government will have overall beneficial effects on all sectors including RE.
    CommentQuote
  • BJP forming a stable govt will mean Indian rupee will appreciate significantly against USD and that will hamper the IT industry that is already not doing very well. So wage growth for employees of IT companies will slow down. I believe, this may have negative effect on RE in cities where IT guys are the major end-user buyers of homes.
    CommentQuote
  • So you wont get both the things man.....

    desh bhi tarakki kare
    aur tum bhi tarakki karo :)
    CommentQuote
  • i wish bjp and congress should merger openly
    CommentQuote
  • We all know AAP is b team of congress
    they have joined hand with congress
    CommentQuote
  • Yeah thats why Arun Jaitley is defending congress netas in Reliance Scam

    Stop this lines like parrots . Looks so silly .

    Find some new lines haha
    CommentQuote
  • bjp cong merger soon ?

    Lol when is Rajasthan BJP govt taking action and filing Fir against Congress?

    All know congress bjp bhai bhai
    :bab (59):
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote