Last updated: October 23 2010
1 | Posts
2544 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power of attorney in case of full cash/cheque payment

Hello,

I am buying a house in Dombivli near Thane worth Rs. 35lacs. It is still under construction. I live in USA. I am making all cheque payment for the house. Everything will be paid by cheque from my HDFC account in India. I am not taking loan.

My in laws are going to take care of the processing like booking, registering etc. Everything is going to go on my name.

My questions are:

1. Do i still need to send them power of attorney even if I am making all cheque payment?
    2. The builder said we don't need POA because we are registering under my name and payment is also coming by my cheque? Is that true?

Please advise.

Sasha
    Last edited October 22 2010, 07:34 AM.

Re : Power of attorney in case of full cash/cheque payment

U would require to give a special power of attorney to the person , who would be registering on yr. behalf.

Originally posted by sasha.panther View Post
    Hello,

I am buying a house in Dombivli near Thane worth Rs. 35lacs. It is still under construction. I live in USA. I am making all cheque payment for the house. Everything will be paid by cheque from my HDFC account in India. I am not taking loan.

My in laws are going to take care of the processing like booking, registering etc. Everything is going to go on my name.

My questions are:

1. Do i still need to send them power of attorney even if I am making all cheque payment?
    2. The builder said we don't need POA because we are registering under my name and payment is also coming by my cheque? Is that true?

Please advise.

Sasha
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
    Working...
    X