Hi ,

I always feel to buy a small commercial property and to give it for Rent for any bank ATM. But can anyone tell me how easy to rent out a shop for ATM. Do we need to approach a bank directly or it has to be done through brokers. Any black money involved ??
Read more
17 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hey Guyz,

Anyone to provide some info here ? I think, its a kind of very good investment. One, you need a very small space, small investment and second , you will get good monthly rent.

Is it really easy to have a bank ATM on rent Or its difficult ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guesswho
    Hey Guyz,

Anyone to provide some info here ? I think, its a kind of very good investment. One, you need a very small space, small investment and second , you will get good monthly rent.

Is it really easy to have a bank ATM on rent Or its difficult ?

it's really a good option for investment........but for this u need to have ur shop/Property at good location.....also some black money is always involved in such cases as Bank's outsource this procedure & the person doing search for the location may ask u for money..........

it's the procedure in towns ...need to confirm for NCR....but i think more or less it will be same..........
    :bab (45):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishalsharma
    it's really a good option for investment........but for this u need to have ur shop/Property at good location.....also some black money is always involved in such cases as Bank's outsource this procedure & the person doing search for the location may ask u for money..........

it's the procedure in towns ...need to confirm for NCR....but i think more or less it will be same..........
    :bab (45):

Thanks Vishal.

I seen even the builders with new coming up malls are selling the space for the ATM in the mall.

So, wanted to know how easy to get ATM for rent. How much money is involved ? To whom I need to reach out ? directly bank or any broker ?

Do anyone have any broker name to whom I can contact and get the detail. If yes, please PM me.
    CommentQuote
  • Buddy...if u r planning to own a shop in a mall then i would suggest to make a search & also contact directly the bank coz if builders are giving them space in the mall then they would prefer the builder other than u...........

broker in such cases are the persons from the firm to whom Bank outsource the process of searching a good location..........

apart from the mall concept, if u r planning to invest in some other location, then also u need to find out some good location/locality to invest...

i don't have details of such brokers otherwise i must share the details. I know the process as one of my frnd owns 2 shops with ATM's of different banks in it.
    CommentQuote
    Buddy...if u r planning to own a shop in a mall then i would suggest to make a search & also contact directly the bank coz if builders are giving them space in the mall then they would prefer the builder other than u...........

broker in such cases are the persons from the firm to whom Bank outsource the process of searching a good location..........

apart from the mall concept, if u r planning to invest in some other location, then also u need to find out some good location/locality to invest...

i don't have details of such brokers otherwise i must share the details. I know the process as one of my frnd owns 2 shops with ATM's of different banks in it.

I am keeping both the option open. At present, I don't have the shop anywhere but wanted to buy just for ATM purpose. There few shops in west delhi which I've finalized (Not on the main road) but before going ahead , but need to confirm if the locations are good for a bank ATM or not. That's why looking for broker or firm which can provide me the details and how much money involved if there is. And what would be rent amount etc.
    CommentQuote
  • HI..

see as per my knowledge in mumbai for atm u need to take a permission from builder for builder noc ,u need 3phase meter,u need vsat only after that bank will come and look ur place and will give u rent as per market..if u look out for agents generally they take 3rent as commision..
    CommentQuote
    Buddy...if u r planning to own a shop in a mall then i would suggest to make a search & also contact directly the bank coz if builders are giving them space in the mall then they would prefer the builder other than u...........

hi , can u please share the process for delhi area, i have a shop at market, perfect for ATM, but don't know the process,,
    CommentQuote
  • I have a shop in mumbai want to give it on rent .There is 3 phase meter available can anyone assist me how to connect to bank to let it on rent to ATM?
    CommentQuote

Can u jst tell me the process how to get an atm installed in my shop
    CommentQuote
  • Please make an informed decision

Points to Note from my Experience
    Point 1 . Most Important to buy - Location Location Location -
    ........... On a main Road,
    ........... High on Visibility and Ground floor
    ........... In an area of Commercial activity or in an Important market with High Residential Footfalls
    ........... Do not buy in an area full of ATMs already
    Point 2. BANK's do not deal and have appointed some companies at National level
    ........... Agreements for 5-9 years
    ........... Electricity connection 5 KVA 3 phase required
    ........... (Pros): Monthly rental in bank account at the beginning of month
    Point 3. (cons) yes there is High Fee in black
    ........... to be paid fully / partly in cash when ATM Installed
    ........... - at least one months rent for every years agreement
    ........... => 9 yrs agreement = 10-12 months
    ........... ........... ........... ........... fee to be paid in the beginning

PLEASE MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION - THINK BEFORE YOU INK (Sign) as paying cash in beginning with just 3 months Security Cheque is not easy for Salaried person especially who has just bought a shop.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi btuydib, thanks for your post very helpful.

Had a few queries on this, if you could share your inputs it would be great.

How was the rent value calculated? Price of Property? If yes how much was the percentage of the annual rent compared to the price of property? or does it depend on the number of years to be leased/area of the property?

What was the lock in period for your lease? I think normally there is a 3 yr lock in period after which the bank can decide to leave the premises with couple of months notice.

Is there a clause of yearly increment in rent or is the rent fixed for the duration of the lease?

How much was the deposit given by the bank in terms of monthly rent?

Any additional modifications I guess would be paid by the bank right?

Many thanks in advance ...
    CommentQuote
  • Mumbai : Procedure for Renting Out to a Bank for an ATM

Hello,

I am from Mumbai. Please tell me what the procedure to rent out a shop for an ATM is? What are the charges applicable and the things that need to be taken care of?
    CommentQuote
  • I think you are on right way, now in these day there a huge demand of an ATM Space and Bank are paying a good rent for same. In all this its depend on your wish where you rent out it with the help of broker or rent out it directly. If you going through broker you have to paid one month rent for same, so its better you rent out it directly with the help of any Real Estate Portal.

hoe this is help full GOOD LUCK?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi btuydib;,

Thanks for the very informative answer. I wish to buy a shop in Mumbai which can be rented out as an atm. Can anyone share the process I need to follow to connect to the banks or brokers. And also the best way I can search for the ideal shop.
    CommentQuote
  • Look out for some property management consultants in your area
    CommentQuote