Respected readers,

We are currently in possession of a (DDA) flat in New Delhi. We intend to sell off our current flat in a short while. The dilemma we are currently encountering at the moment is with regard to the investment of the amount which is expected at the end of the sale.. Where should we invest (or re-invest for that matter) the amount after completing the sale of the current flat? The whole idea is to strike a fine balance between a prudent investment and sufficient liquidity. oF LATE, One has started to hear a lot about the investment opportunites in tier-II cities.. Any ideas?

Many Thanks in advance,

Regards..
Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Good Return Guaranteed

Dear arp245,
    Presently India is going through some bumpy phase in the Real Estate Sector, rising home loan rates, SEZs, huge FDIs and certain other factors make it quite difficult to predict.

But may be you can find these helpful:

- In case you want to invest your money in commercial properties and that too in some tier II city, then my suggestion would be Pune, Mysore or may be in some tier III cities like Chandigarh, Nagpur, Ahmedabad, Jaipur etc.
    You can buy space in commercial office buildings and rent/ lease it. You can be assured of a good return.

- If in case you want to invest in residential properties, then my suggestion would be investing in residential property in some good location in Noida, Faridabad, Jaipur, Manesar. These cities are supposed to face huge surge in property prices in the next few years … thanks to the IT, ITeS boom. Certain big IT companies have acquired huge spaces in these areas and is supposed to be the next big IT destination. A viable option would be to buy some property which is still under construction and after its completion to rent it. Good return is guaranteed.

I recently came across a site where you can refer the current rates:
    http://www.indianrealtynews.com/category/property-prices/

Hope this will help you.

Good Luck !!!
    CommentQuote