Last updated: July 17 2011
4 | Posts
2391 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent advice: booking logged but cheque not deposited

Friends
    I have recently submitted the booking application form in a project on dwarka expressway along with booking amount cheque. However after several weeks also the builder has not depoisted the cheque.

When I contacted them they told me that the person who previously canceled the booking has not encashed his refund cheque, and until then the bank is withholding from processing my cheque.

Although it sounds like a 'good control' by the bank, at the same time - I am a bit anxious - should I go investigate anything/take any precautions?

Appreciate advice from the experienced members.
    Thanks
    Vikram

Re : Need urgent advice: booking logged but cheque not deposited

You can't do much till builder accepts your check. Even if not this, he can not accept your check for number of reasons so I don't think that there is anything to check.

Comment

djvjain, thanks. I suppose you're right. The only hitch is that until he accepts, I am 'on hold' and not looking at other projects!

Comment

You can also cancel that check and relax. If the builder have a cleared unit, he will call you asap and then you can go ahead and give him a new check.

Comment

So unfortunately the builder finally told me the full story. They had a cancellation which they booked to me. But that customer did not encash his cheque and did not finally cancel. After keeping me hanging for 4 weeks the builder told me they could not give me the booking.

In the meantime I have taken out my investments, some PF etc for second instalment alraedy and wasted 1 month. :-((

The builder is Raheja and the project is Vedaanta.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X