One of the great mysteries of our time concerns the question of what will happen to real estate classifieds. This is a real estate issue and also a matter of great social importance.

If you have any sense at all you want newspapers to succeed. Whether you agree or not with a particular editorial or column, or a slew of them, you want newspapers to be pesky, insightful, irritating, questioning and curious; you want reporters and columnists -- as the old expression goes -- to afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted.
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • it information technology era mate...

To have big newsrooms, however, you need revenues from subscriptions and circulation. Unfortunately, newspapers are taking a beating on both fronts.
    Also national research and consulting firm that tracks local Internet advertising and crafts strategies for media and web sites -- which suggests that newspapers will face a huge loss of real estate ads.

The shifts are going to be more prominent in the coming years....
    CommentQuote
  • e-papers...

I dont think that the newspapers classifieds are going to end that soon ... this is india and more than 60% of the business go by peoples and paper work.

The brokers and agetns doing their practice are not net savvy...

even the peoples dont go to net looking for renting selling and buying as they dont have developed trust over the internet yet...

the classifieds in the newspaper will also evolve as e-paper with time...but its going to take long years for abomination of the classifieds from the newspapers...
    CommentQuote
  • I dont think newspaper classifieds of real estate are going to disappear. It is no denying the fact that online marketing in context of real estate is getting popular in India but there are many who still rely on offline mode of advertising and to add on to that online real estate marketers thrive on the twin benefits of online as well as offline advertising.
    CommentQuote
  • Print advertising is fast becoming a thing of the past throughout the world, solely due to the point of the power of the net.

Why go down to your local newsagent to purchase a paper when you can read it online for free? Print is not as visible anymore, not as many are picking it up as years before, it is not cost effective for businesses as it used to be.

Print media will still have a place in its market for a long time to come but will never bring the results that it used to, plus we are in a generation where computer technology is taught from a young age and kids are being bought up with the net, on the other hand you still have millions that are not computer literate and never will be so these are the people that you are targeting.
    CommentQuote
  • Newspapers Online ?? Are we ready ?

Originally Posted by cbproperties
    Print advertising is fast becoming a thing of the past throughout the world, solely due to the point of the power of the net.

Why go down to your local newsagent to purchase a paper when you can read it online for free? Print is not as visible anymore, not as many are picking it up as years before, it is not cost effective for businesses as it used to be.

Print media will still have a place in its market for a long time to come but will never bring the results that it used to, plus we are in a generation where computer technology is taught from a young age and kids are being bought up with the net, on the other hand you still have millions that are not computer literate and never will be so these are the people that you are targeting.

When in India, do as Indians do... the old age saying applies to all aspects of our life and the print media is no exception. In India it is very difficult to make our habbits go thru the change cycle and much more difficult to adapt to new stuff..

Internet is still evolving in India and it wud be premature to say that Net can replace the Print media
    Every form of media has its own followings. While it is easy to say that you wont order your daily dose of newspaper just because the stuff is free online, the question is how many people access the free online paper ?
    Internet and for that matter PC penetration are very low in India.
    Add to that are the high costs of connectivity.

My experience in the industry is that the print media is still a potent mix in anyone's marketing arsenal which delivers the results at lower cost per prospect than any other media. Responses recieved on emails thru the internet campaigns are always suspect of not being very genuine.

As far as home buying is concerned, Indians always want the touch n feel factor, which is essentially missing when they browse listings on realty portals. As a future force to reckon with, Internet is very powerful and those who dismiss it as yet another technlogy toy would miss the bus.
    But we cant rule out the vantage benefit that the tiny classifieds offer.
    The Biggest benefit that i can point out is the Focussed Locationwise results it delivers at a fraction of the cost.
    Would welcome some more discussion on this here.
    Ram
    CommentQuote
  • Hi all,

I don't think papers will disapear, for the good reason that online advertising cannot compete with papers, on the needs of somebody driving around a neighborhood and searching for properties for sale or for rent.
    Such a person will always need fast access to the address of the property and it's easier to refer to the last edition of a classifieds paper, than using mobile online browsing...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vinod
    I dont think newspaper classifieds of real estate are going to disappear. It is no denying the fact that online marketing in context of real estate is getting popular in India but there are many who still rely on offline mode of advertising and to add on to that online real estate marketers thrive on the twin benefits of online as well as offline advertising.

Sayan suna hai crossing Republic ko demolish karne wale hai..... I heard this info..... Shall I post it without using my brains?

Would that be acceptable

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
    CommentQuote