Dear Everyone , we all know that these days Korean technology ( aluminium framework) is being used increasingly for construction............Gaur Saundaryam , Sportswood , Yamuna city , Aakriti Shantiniketan. My question/ query is that is this new technology better in terms of durability / earthquake resistance OR is this a new marketing gimmick . Would request especially experts to put in their thoughts

Attachments:
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by pkdch0101
    Dear Everyone , we all know that these days Korean technology ( aluminium framework) is being used increasingly for construction............Gaur Saundaryam , Sportswood , Yamuna city , Aakriti Shantiniketan. My question/ query is that is this new technology better in terms of durability / earthquake resistance OR is this a new marketing gimmick . Would request especially experts to put in their thoughts

This is nothing new. It is being used by many const companies across India. It replaces brick walls with concrete walls. You get better finish and is more robust. You need a drill machine to put a nail in the wall. As it is concrete you cannot do changes in the wall in terms making bigger openings which is easy in case of brick walls.
    For Noida or North India it is new. The next step after this is pre-cast but you don't have real skill set for that type of construction.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you @am2210 - so you are sure that it is better than the traditional construction that has been used in other projects in terms of Durability, Seepage Proofing and Earthquake Resistance? Anyone else who can shed some light on it. #cookie / veterans/moderators
    CommentQuote
  • @pkdch0101 It is known as the Kum-kang technology and it is one of the most superior of all the existing building technologies applied around the world. The reason can be owing to the fact that Korea is located in a very high seismic active zone, increasing it's vulnerability to quakes and resulting damages. The Kum-Kang technology uses super concrete to withstand earthquakes and hence has higher tensile strength than the standard options used. It further increases the durability of the structure due to the concrete it is made up of in entirety. It also helps in optimal usage of resources and helps save time with speeding up of the process.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Sir , there are a few reasons why I have posted this question:

(1) I have heard / read from almost everyone on this forum is that the tentative life of flats in high rise is about 10 to 15 years and after this period they start demanding major repair works . If as an end user you know right from the start that the life of your flat is about 10 to 15 years it really puts you off and inclines you more towards plot and your own construction. If this korean technology is better then probably one can go for it.

(2) Gaur Saundaryam / Sportswood that have used this technology are being sold as luxury projects whereas the same technology is available in Gaur Yamuna City at very affordable prices, probably making it value for money.

(3) On the other hand if this technology is not superior to the traditional construction methods then only investing in PLOT makes sense for an end user for whom usually buying a house is once in a lifetime event . So rather than buying 2 flats after 15 years each, it would be better to buy a plot and construct it / buy a villa.

The same would be my advice to everyone on this forum. I am not a real estate expert but I think buying a flat only makes sense if the quality is extremely good.
    CommentQuote
    Dear Sir , there are a few reasons why I have posted this question:

(1) I have heard / read from almost everyone on this forum is that the tentative life of flats in high rise is about 10 to 15 years and after this period they start demanding major repair works . If as an end user you know right from the start that the life of your flat is about 10 to 15 years it really puts you off and inclines you more towards plot and your own construction. If this korean technology is better then probably one can go for it.

(2) Gaur Saundaryam / Sportswood that have used this technology are being sold as luxury projects whereas the same technology is available in Gaur Yamuna City at very affordable prices, probably making it value for money.

(3) On the other hand if this technology is not superior to the traditional construction methods then only investing in PLOT makes sense for an end user for whom usually buying a house is once in a lifetime event . So rather than buying 2 flats after 15 years each, it would be better to buy a plot and construct it / buy a villa.

The same would be my advice to everyone on this forum. I am not a real estate expert but I think buying a flat only makes sense if the quality is extremely good.

Yes, you are right about the quality - it should be good!

As far as the Korean technology and it's durability is concerned, the Koreans have developed it well and some of the structural marvels in their country speak boldly about it. The technology, if used in the same parameters as theirs, will always give the same results. There is no denying it's credibility at all. However, it depends on the commitment of individual builders here and anyone cutting corners in the work will only earn a bad name for the technology. And there is no denying that we have a culture of nibbling down the quality to some extent, no matter how small.

Talking about plots and flats, they are individual choices.
    CommentQuote
    Thank you @am2210 - so you are sure that it is better than the traditional construction that has been used in other projects in terms of Durability, Seepage Proofing and Earthquake Resistance? Anyone else who can shed some light on it. #cookie / veterans/moderators

It is also called mywan shuttering (spelling may be wrong). It is name of the company which manufactures it. There are many more companies who manufacturing such shuttering. Dopa is a German company who also manufactures similar or better shuttering. The average life of the concrete / steel building is 50 years and can extended the life if maintained properly. It has nothing to do with sesmic zone. The structure of the building is designed according the sesmic zone.
    CommentQuote
  • I am not quite sure about it.
    CommentQuote