Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are under-construction properties a good bet post RERA implementation?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Are under-construction properties a good bet post RERA implementation?

Last updated: July 23 2019
15 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Are under-construction properties a good bet post RERA implementation?

Home buyers are slowly beginning to prefer under-construction projects again I guess. Some of my friends have been looking to buy under construction properties lately. The only issue is the price tag that such properties carry now.

Comment

According to available statistics (real ones) the percentage of under construction properties have reduced ever since RERA as defaulting developers have backed off in haste, either finishing off ongoing projects or abruptly calling off new projects for the fear of not being able to drag them for years without being penalised. So that has left the more genuine ones in the market and though they may not all be role-model entities, they have been carrying out business within the norms.

So, people have been opting for under construction properties as there are few left and they have the RERA assurance of timely completion or at least quick resolution of disputes.

Comment

I have recently found that home buyers are not so apprehensive about under-construction properties. At least they are not worried about those registered with RERA. That is a good sign, right?

Comment

I agree with movedin - the percentage of under construction properties have reduced ever since RERA as only the genuine developers are now left in the market. That is the reason why home buyers are now opting for under construction owing to the assurance of RERA.

Comment

Tags: None
          Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X