Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is student housing Indian real estate’s next big segment?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Is student housing Indian real estate’s next big segment?

Last updated: July 9 2019
18 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Is student housing Indian real estate’s next big segment?

10 million beds? That is huge! Business potential for many I guess.

Comment

Yes, it does have huge business potential as the sector grows. There will be opportunities in various models of the student housing business like independent housing, managed services, university tie-ups and others. The winners would be the tech-enabled players who will be having an upper hand over traditional brokers. Online services will make it happen as it has been continuously gaining prominence.
      Talk TRUE; Talk IREF

Comment

That is true. Online real estate services are the future. They already are surging ahead in the real estate segment.

Comment

Still, I feel buyers are become more aware than before and they are not relying on information provided on online platforms alone. Why? Well, they know it is paid and far from reality in most of the cases. The technology used in real estate nowadays is great but buyers still prefer to personally visit the project before finalising. So it seems that the virtual treat created by builders acts as a magnet to woo buyers and get them interested in projects but the final decision is still taken after a personal visit. That is something that cannot be denied.

Comment

Yes, I think that must be true. In the past couple of months some of my friends have bought properties and their research, though based on online search and comparisons, ended up by personal visits. I don't think anyone opts for a complete online deal. Do they? Has a completed deal ever been done online anywhere in the country or abroad? Has it ever happened or can it happen? I believe some formalities require personal presence but still, can this be the future - like online shopping?

Will there be a time when people would shop for properties on Amazon, or the likes?

Comment

Shopping for properties on Amazon? That would be something!

Back to the topic - I still wonder if we are talking about rental housing or not? Students don't buy houses in places to spend a few years of education. Though I have known people who did buy properties for their kids as they had a lot of money and wanted to provide a homely feeling to their kids even far from home

Comment

Proptie yes, we are talking about rental properties for now. I don't think there can be something separate for students. Like PMAY, can there be something like Student Housing Yojna or something where students get an entirely different housing scheme? I don't think that can happen, or can it?

Comment

A lot of people have already been making huge profits on an individual basis as well as on a bigger level. You have student accommodations near almost every big institute around the country and more and more people are joining the race. However, the quality has been a drag and that is one aspect that can help such establishments stand out from the rest. The segment has big prospects for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by mmalhot View Post
                    Proptie yes, we are talking about rental properties for now. I don't think there can be something separate for students. Like PMAY, can there be something like Student Housing Yojna or something where students get an entirely different housing scheme? I don't think that can happen, or can it?
                    Student Housing Yojna! That would something! Maybe some political lobby will suddenly realise the potential one day and draft a policy

Comment

Tags: None
                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X