Rental crash

Last updated: March 18 2012
4 | Posts
811 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rental crash

In Metros , it seems there is a huge crash of rentals in many areas leaving age old established areas.

This seem to have originated in the fact that RE purchase transactions of the end user reached saturation point where no NEW end user ( residential ) exist / willing to dole out huge sums for apartments.

As a result, the investment flats are up for rents. As there more number of apartments for let out than there are number of takers, the rentals seem spiralling down. The trend is evident in Mumbai where rentals dipped by about 20% in the last 3 months time and as much as 30% in some pockets.

Re : Rental crash

This is long due. Especially in Mumbai.

They literally looted and plundered the tenants. Tenants had no choice but to rent close to work place. Now, several areas around developed very fast. So with companies moving and spreading to the outskirts, the rentals must correct accordingly.

My tenant is asking for a discount on his next renewal which is due in May ..ha ha ha..

Comment

Re : Rental crash

yeah right

Originally posted by raviteja2699
      Go ahead and grant him the discount man. Its good to have a good tenant rather than going for a hike and invite an unknown.
      Yeah thinking. He is a good tenant. But hey money is money. On the other hand it is not easy to get tenants in that area that easily.

Otherwise I have to go through the brokers. Why should I pay my hard earn money to a broker ?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X