Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can we reduce carbon footprint at home and work?

Collapse
X
Collapse

How can we reduce carbon footprint at home and work?

Last updated: July 27 2019
31 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : How can we reduce carbon footprint at home and work?

Well, apart form not using plastic, people should not throw away food leftovers or the vegetable or cooking wastes but rather convert such bio/kitchen waste into compost. You can create your own bio-compost pit and green manure for the plants. This helps reduce waste creation and allows you to use natural manure and not chemicals for your plants as well.
    Talk TRUE; Talk IREF

Comment

Carbon footprint? We as a country are not bothered at all. We all live with the impression that everything is somebody else's job. Who are we to do it and what difference would it make? I have been hearing about this plastic issue since years but nothing changed. The government has to first make up their mind to actually solve the problem for good and then get it done by hook or crook!

Comment

getintoit That is the sad part but all we can do is take baby steps for at least bringing about some change, no matter how small.

Malvish what was the thing you told about not discarding kitchen waste and how it could help reduce carbon footprint?

Comment

Well, by not throwing away so much of waste, it would decrease the amount of waste affecting the environment. By converting bio/kitchen waste into compost, and generating natural manure, we can cut down on the use of harmful chemicals.
          Last edited June 25 2019, 12:59 PM.
          Talk TRUE; Talk IREF

Comment

Talking about compost - where can we make one? I think it would be impossible for those living in flats, right?

Comment

Well, those having small gardens can benefit the most but even those living in flats can make their own compost using earthen pots and other such utensils as compost pits!
              Talk TRUE; Talk IREF

Comment

Right, just saw a few videos online about making compost at home. They looked manageable! Can be done! I think more people should be taught how to do that.

Comment

Yes, people should be made aware of the fact that they can make a compost pit at home and by doing that, they can contribute towards reducing the carbon footprint in a small yet significant way.
                  Talk TRUE; Talk IREF

Comment

Waste segregation helps a lot too. Simply separating plastics, paper, glass and electronic wastes from bio-waste like food leftovers, etc. helps in smart waste disposal and reusing or recycling of wastes.
                    Talk TRUE; Talk IREF

Comment

Waste segregation at a society level, has a long way to go. I have not found people segregating their waste as dry and wet. They put it all in one bin or plastic, and that is more than we can expect. Frankly, even I am never able to do that even though I say so much about it. Really slips out of mind every time and other family members are just the same like me and the many others who fail to do so.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X