Can anyone out here recommend basic things to care for prior to investment in Indian real estate???

Or is there any way to judge for reputation of a real estate agent???

Waiting for your suggestions……
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Tips for Home buying

A few tips for those seeking to buy a residential property. When you are looking for a house, your first priority should be for kids, second for the family and third for ownself. :)

Your home should be at a good proximity to your kid’s school. Since he is going to be in the same school for about 12-15 years, it may not make sense if your kid has to spend time to travel far off.
      Hospitals, markets, bus depots and railway stations are other important necessities you must look for.
      You should be ready to travel for work but do not compromise on the above-mentioned areas. You may change your job in the next three years or your office might get shifted to some other place. Therefore, buying a home near your workplace should not be the priority in your wishlist. However, if you are lucky to get a right one, then off course, what can be better than that?
      You should also preferably look for amenities like swimming pool, sports club, gym etc. either within the residential complex or near by. All these facilities will help your family for recreation and refreshment.
      Opt for higher floors since that helps to keep away from dust. You also get to enjoy all climatic conditions in India, be it winter, rainy or spring.Hope these pointers make you think. If you find I'm missing something..... Please add on
    CommentQuote
  • advise

Of course... there are a lot of ways to judge.

Originally Posted by Benz
    Can anyone out here recommend basic things to care for prior to investment in Indian real estate???

CommentQuote
  • Though I tend to agree with most of Raj's content, It still is skewed towards the first time buyers.... It doesnt talk about investments, security, rental revenues, ROI etc.

Also, most 'so called facilities' are now very common place. One cant sell projects if a club house, pool, power back-up etc. are not provided.
    CommentQuote
  • How to choose the right real estate agent?

Its a 'great' positive indication from you Mr Menon. :)

Of course... there are a lot of ways to judge.

I hope many others like me would be interested to know 'How to choose the right real estate agent?'
    Looking forward to professional advise from you for the right approach in choosing a real estate agent, prior to investment in Indian real estate.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Benz

My suggestion is always invest in a reputed builder's project. see the past track of the builder. how many projects they have developed and delivered. the possesion hading over time for the past project. My special suggestion look at the past project not at the sample flat. becuse sample will be demolished at the time of posession.
    as far as agent is concern if you are going for a original booking, i think there is not problem in dealing with any agent. becouse after all you are making payment via, Cheque/DD to the developer. in resale market you have to see how is he performing in the market.
    CommentQuote
  • Re:Property investment Tips...

Buying a home involves endless questions regarding the Real Estate deal. Whether you have spent years garnering and saving the money for purchasing a home, or are not sure to afford it, there are lots of things that come in the mind of a buyer

For purchasing a home, you can hire a Real Estate professional for helping you in searching a dream house according to your financial limitations. It is worthy to work with a buyer agent as for the real estate transactions the agent is legally responsible for the buyer’s interest. Before finalizing the decision, he will guide you the best through all the steps of buying a home.

Good agents know that trying to be all things to all people invariably results in mediocre service. Even though real estate laws are the same throughout your state, different areas within the state generally have radically different market conditions, local zoning ordinances, and building code restrictions.

Your agent always explains what your options are so that you can make wise decisions regarding your best course of action. They advise you if they think that you should add other experts (property inspectors, lawyers, and so on) to your team -- experts don't threaten a good agent.

Success is a two-edged sword. An agent who is already working with several other sellers and buyers probably doesn't have enough surplus time to serve you properly. Occasional scheduling conflicts are unavoidable. If, however, you often find your needs being neglected because your agent's time is over committed, get a new agent.
    CommentQuote