Hi,
I am resident of USA. My parents (73 & 70 yrs old) live with my mentally handicapped brother in Hyderabad. We have a house in Nallakunta area which we let out to a small time politician (we were told that he was a business man by the referer). After couple of years he started giving trouble to my parents by not paying the rent and utility bills.

He threatened to kill my dad if he comes again for collection. When we approached police they said it is not a criminal case hence they cant help it. But the CI was nice person, he summoned the tenant and threatened him and got him pay the arrears. But this guy refuses to vacate the house. He said he will occupy the house himself.

We tried to talk to higher police officials but this guy has so much influence that the police personal were scared to even talk about this. Infact, he made police commissioner to call the DCP and CI not to interfere in this case. Infact these politicians threatened to transfer the CI. Now as we stand, this person filed a civil case against my mom (owner) saying that she sent police and anti-social elements to vacate him and got the status quo from court till Apr10. And we got another notice from court to file counter case as reply to his case.

We got in touch with an attorney and he said, this is what these people do to get money, the case will take years to resolve. I have seen movies similar to this but i am experiencing this in real life. If police cant help us and justice system is so inefficient, where should we go? Should we pay money to this guy? Should we approach naxalites as shown in movies for help?(pun intended). Any help/suggestion is appreciated.
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • HOO........ gr8. guys , hw do u people manage such panga. Do a thing write the matter to AAJ TAK, NDTV 24x7 and national dailies...........sent a copy to all political head quarters....

Let me consult some persons I knw and get back to u.

Good luck
    CommentQuote
  • dear Mr Ravikant

I am sending you a link I have gone through recently. Submit a FIR (in minute details) in your parent's name (who is legel owner of your house) regarding the matter.

Ther link is ]http://www.saferindia.com/kiranbedi/consumerLogin.jsp

I dont really know whether this could help you or not.

Best of luck.

I dont really know whether this could help you or not.

Best of luck.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ravikanth_b
    Hi,
    I am resident of USA. My parents (73 & 70 yrs old) live with my mentally handicapped brother in Hyderabad. We have a house in Nallakunta area which we let out to a small time politician (we were told that he was a business man by the referer). After couple of years he started giving trouble to my parents by not paying the rent and utility bills.

He threatened to kill my dad if he comes again for collection. When we approached police they said it is not a criminal case hence they cant help it. But the CI was nice person, he summoned the tenant and threatened him and got him pay the arrears. But this guy refuses to vacate the house. He said he will occupy the house himself.

We tried to talk to higher police officials but this guy has so much influence that the police personal were scared to even talk about this. Infact, he made police commissioner to call the DCP and CI not to interfere in this case. Infact these politicians threatened to transfer the CI. Now as we stand, this person filed a civil case against my mom (owner) saying that she sent police and anti-social elements to vacate him and got the status quo from court till Apr10. And we got another notice from court to file counter case as reply to his case.

We got in touch with an attorney and he said, this is what these people do to get money, the case will take years to resolve. I have seen movies similar to this but i am experiencing this in real life. If police cant help us and justice system is so inefficient, where should we go? Should we pay money to this guy? Should we approach naxalites as shown in movies for help?(pun intended). Any help/suggestion is appreciated.

It is better to plan before you execute than to worry after that. Prevention is better than cure and in India where law is a tortoise and its enforcement is a myth, you will do well to exit the problem in the best possible way. If I were you I will make the best out of the situation and scoot. Remember Aaj Taks and anything else only show these as additional features to make viewership count. I dont think you will succeed based on these.
    Finally why do these crazy Indians buy a house, rent it and then go abroad? Why build a house when you dont need it?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

Better thing would have been rather to keep the house under lock and key rather than renting out to such elements. If some fast solution is required, I feel, better talk to the tenant in person face to face and settle even if it is with some reasonable cash out to him. Otherwise, going through any other channel like police FIR, court etc. will be time consuming and even may take years together which neither your aged parents residing in India nor your being outside the country, can face to see any appreciable progress in the process.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote