I want to know whether a co-operative society can pass a general body resolution on contribution to cultural fund. The managing committee of the co-operative housing society in which I live have passed a GB resolution on contribution to cultural fund. It has also said that non payment of contribution to the fund will attract a penal interest of 15 per cent per annum.

As I understand, the Constitution of India gives the Freedom of Religion under Article 19(1). The Freedom from Religion is subsumed in the Freedom of Religion. Further, I believe that in a democratic society like ours, we are free to pursue one's own culture and hence how anybody else can impose culture upon an individual who does not believe in it.

Please write to me as to how I can fight the managing committee of my housing society so that this general body resolution is proved bad in law, unconstitutional and hence untenable.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

Krishnan Gopal
Read more
0 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
No replies found for this discussion.