Real estate books seems to the need of the hour for the fairly nascent, partly unorganized and booming Indian property market.

I believe our real estate professionals like the property dealers, agents and brokers in the market now will feel the need to be educated on the trends and finnese of dealing with the large market of internat savvy and informed investors.

But, how can real estate books help an investor in the process of property investment. As an avid reader and a prospective entrant to the interesting world of real estate industry, I would like to have some guidance on informative books in real estate functioning.

Can anybody help........:)
Read more
21 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • lot of books on amazon.com

hi buddy
    there are many books on amazon.com
    i have bought quite a a few books from there and it has been very helpful
    will compile a list of the books and post here
    Ram
    CommentQuote
  • Watch out this space!!!

That's great:)

I believe, many like me will be looking forward to some resources on real estate information.

Will watch out this space for the list of books soon.

Thanks.:)
    CommentQuote
  • House Hunt 07

House Hunt 2007 acts as a reference guide for the entire year focusing on everything, from property buying decision to the documentation involved and even to doing up interiors. After all a home is never complete until it has taken on the personalities of its occupants. It also showcases Mumbai’s best properties both in city, and in other areas that are becoming popular for their vacation home

Rajesh
    CommentQuote
  • need information

Hello Ram,

have bought quite a a few books from there and it has been very helpful

But, couldn't see any list yet....

Hope, you'll share a few information on which real estate books can be referred to for the Indian market.
    CommentQuote
  • comin soon

Originally Posted by Suzanne
    Hello Ram,

But, couldn't see any list yet....

Hope, you'll share a few information on which real estate books can be referred to for the Indian market.

Hi suzanne
    Currently out of mumbai for an extended period and limited access to net
    SO unable to post anythin here.
    promise to put the list here once im back to mumbai
    stay connected
    Ram
    CommentQuote
  • Please suggest

Hello Pinnacle,

Since you are related to this field can you suggest a few books.

there are many books on amazon.com
    i have bought quite a a few books from there and it has been very helpful

I have looked into amazon.com, but not able to choose which would be useful for the Indian market. Please help.

Thanks.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Realty Books : List

Hi All

I had bought couple of books on realty from amazon
    Almost all these books are imported, but the context can be very well used for the Indian market and i have been implementing most of the strategies listed there in my business for the past 5 years :
    Here goes the List :

1. Real-Estate-Rainmaker-Online-Marketing by Dan Gooder Richard

2.Real-Estate-Rainmaker-Successful-Strategies by Dan Gooder Richard

3. The Millionaire Real Estate Agent: It's Not About the Money...It's About Being the Best You Can Be
    by Gary Keller, Dave Jenks, Jay Papasan, and Gary Keller

4. Become-Power-Agent-Real-Estate by Darryl Davis

5. Your First Year in Real Estate: Making the Transition from Total Novice to Successful Professiona by Dirk Zeller

Besides these, i have some wonderful Audio CD's containing Marketing Lessons by Dirk Zeller :
    1. Unlock your potential
    2. Seven Smart ways to explode your Production
    3. Mindset of a Champion

You can get more info abour Dirk Zeller on his site. He has a free newsletter that you can subscribe to

Feel free to ask for any more info
    CommentQuote
  • More Realty Books

Some more titles on Realty Books

1.Real Estate Agent's Business Planning Guide by Carla Cross
    2.Up and Running in 30 Days: A Proven Plan for Financial Success in Real Estate by Carla Cross
    3.On Track to Success in 30 Days: Energize Your Real Estate Career To Become A Top Producer by Carla Cross
    CommentQuote
  • List 3

1.Success as a Real Estate Agent For Dummies (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance)) by Dirk Zeller
    2.The Real Estate Agent's Business Planner: Practical Strategies For Maximizing Your Success by Bridget McCrea
    3.The Champion Real Estate Agent by Dirk Zeller
    4.The Complete Idiot's Guide to Success as a Real Estate Agent, 2nd Edition (Complete Idiot's Guide by Marilyn Sullivan
    5.2,001 Winning Ads for Real Estate by Steve Kennedy and Deborah Johnson
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot

Thanks Ram. This is a very noble gesture.

I hope many like me who would like to know about the basics of real estate would benefit from this books.

Thanks a lot:)
    CommentQuote
  • I feel book are not of much use here. One need to know about the laws regulating properties, tax implications in property deals and some tips about buying or selling properties. The last item is again more related to the laws related property deals.

More important is latest imformation about the development activities and price movement of properties. More journals and other such material is required to inform readers about the current status of property market.

Somebody should develop analysis methods based on rational parameters for forecast of property prices.

I am developing a Property Index which would indicate the price appreciation and rental value propsects on any property worldwide. I invite views of members regarding this index.
    CommentQuote
  • Information is welcome - But dont comment on stuff you dont find relevany

Originally Posted by Ace Ventures
    I feel book are not of much use here. One need to know about the laws regulating properties, tax implications in property deals and some tips about buying or selling properties. The last item is again more related to the laws related property deals.

More important is latest imformation about the development activities and price movement of properties. More journals and other such material is required to inform readers about the current status of property market.

Somebody should develop analysis methods based on rational parameters for forecast of property prices.

I am developing a Property Index which would indicate the price appreciation and rental value propsects on any property worldwide. I invite views of members regarding this index.

Dear Ace ventures,
    I strongly disagree that books are not of use
    I have been actively using these books for last few years
    And there is a lot to gain into the insight of how realtors work abroad and the systems that have evlolved and made it a very organised system
    At the same time, lots n lots of reference material is available in India for people who want to add value to their knowledge base and improve on their skills.

What you are doing on this post is negating the info given by other members and pushin your own agenda of having a property index. This is unaccepatble on forums. You can start your own thread and members can discuss n contribute to the thread. You jus cant butt into other threads and push your agenda. If you feels books are unimportant, just say so and end your message. The main aim of this forum is to encourage participation and add value to our realty sense.

All the best with your Index
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Dear Ace ventures,
    I strongly disagree that books are not of use
    I have been actively using these books for last few years
    And there is a lot to gain into the insight of how realtors work abroad and the systems that have evlolved and made it a very organised system
    At the same time, lots n lots of reference material is available in India for people who want to add value to their knowledge base and improve on their skills.

What you are doing on this post is negating the info given by other members and pushin your own agenda of having a property index. This is unaccepatble on forums. You can start your own thread and members can discuss n contribute to the thread. You jus cant butt into other threads and push your agenda. If you feels books are unimportant, just say so and end your message. The main aim of this forum is to encourage participation and add value to our realty sense.

All the best with your Index

Hi Ram,

That was something!!!
    A very fitting reply to an un-required comment.

Reza
    CommentQuote
  • REIT Game

I heard of a new book called Asian REIT Game.
    I am looking forward to buy this book, If any one is having this in Mumbai please let me know.

Regards
    Kishan
    CommentQuote
  • Realty Insight( A comprehensive real estate report on Hyderabad)

Suruchi,,,

You can avail a report named " Realty Insight " which can guide U better for Property investments.
    This is a survey based report on primary source.
    It is focussed on A.P and exclusively on Hyderabad.

Originally Posted by suruchi
    Real estate books seems to the need of the hour for the fairly nascent, partly unorganized and booming Indian property market.

I believe our real estate professionals like the property dealers, agents and brokers in the market now will feel the need to be educated on the trends and finnese of dealing with the large market of internat savvy and informed investors.

But, how can real estate books help an investor in the process of property investment. As an avid reader and a prospective entrant to the interesting world of real estate industry, I would like to have some guidance on informative books in real estate functioning.

Can anybody help........:)
    CommentQuote