I have been offered a Panchayat approved plot. I am indeed interested in constructing house. Why Panchayat approved plot is less priced than DTP approved plot? Is constructing house in a Panchayat approved plot is not permissible? Is there any possibility to get DTP approval for a plot (not a lay-out)? If yes, what is the procedure to adopt?
Read more
2 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by kimbalaji
    I have been offered a Panchayat approved plot. I am indeed interested in constructing house. Why Panchayat approved plot is less priced than DTP approved plot? Is constructing house in a Panchayat approved plot is not permissible? Is there any possibility to get DTP approval for a plot (not a lay-out)? If yes, what is the procedure to adopt?

You know, these hurdles are nothing new, they have been around from the days of the raj and the side kicks of the raj are still implementing these hurdles to simply make life difficult as possible for people to get things done with ease, it's as simple as that.

Before you start building, it may be advisable to get a shipping container on this plot, live in it and by the token of time, the warning bells shall ring.

Who knows, shipping containers can become the in thing in housing :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kimbalaji

you should understand the diff between a panchayat approved or DTCP apprvd plot.

The panchayat can approve plots when the total layout does not exceed about 1/2 acre.it does not have jurisidiction beyond that. you have to get a DTCP sanction.after sanction the panchayat approves it.in case of your plot you can get it regularised with the panchayat and get a building plan.it should cost you somewhere around RS 20000/- excluding the OSR (10% of the guideline value) including "tea expenses"
    CommentQuote