Tiruchi it park cleaning works started, pls. find the pictures
Read more
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • dude. Can the govt keep on going to build IT parks/ SEZs ??

Where are so many companies which will set up there ??

IT office spaces are vacant in NCR region. how many companes will go to trichy ??
    CommentQuote
  • Pls. go through THE HINDU dt: 27.11.08

Levelling work starts on 147 acres at Navalpattu; tenders to be invited for roads

TIRUCHI: Nearly eight months after its notification as a Special Economic Zone (SEZ), the Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu (ELCOT) has commenced levelling work on the alienated site of 147 acres (of which 123 acres is SEZ) at Navalpattu for establishing the IT Park.

After the process of levelling and fencing is completed, the next step will be to hand over 10 acres each to Sutherland Global Services and Cognizant Technology Solutions, the first phase allottees.

Simultaneously, tenders will be invited for the laying of internal roads and creation of amenities under public-private partnership mode. During this week, the Government would decide on the allotment to be made to applicants in the second phase, official sources said.

The ELCOT has decided to construct an administrative-cum-IT incubation building at the site within six to nine months. The structure with a 50,000 feet builtup space will house the Customs unit and serve as the incubation facility for companies keen on commencing their operations before creating their own building infrastructure.

Private companies are likely to take up to two years for operating from their own facilities from the time of handing over the layout.

ELCOT sources said that the slowdown in the IT sector was not likely to have an impact on the expansion plans of the companies since tier-II cities were seen as the ideal destinations where operational costs could be reduced by 30 to 40 per cent. Tiruchi ranks top among tier-II destinations on the fronts of its advantageous location, human resource availability and physical connectivity.

The ELCOT, it is learnt, is pinning hopes on the district administration for relaying the 120-feet-road that links the IT Park with the Tiruchi-Pudukottai Highway, and is also confident that the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board, which has been provided five acres to establish a sub-station, will complete its task simultaneously.

Source: http://www.hindu.com/2008/11/27/stor...2757240100.htm
    CommentQuote
  • This is a trick buddy... The influenced people might have invested some money on this area. And they are Building IT-SEZ another death trap. No places around the site will be selling in High value. But is this any IT company will come there and start operation ? I doubt ... In Bangalore there is lots of vacant places no company... I have heard that In Hubli/Belgaum the IT-Park has occupied by VRL-Transport :)

Site closer to this area will become dead land now as they will convert farm land to so called residential...
    CommentQuote
  • Tiruchi it park

Tiruchi it park will come for operation after 2 years, i hope by that time recession will comes to end and accelaration will be their, pls. read mark in red.

Front Page “news from THEHINDU 27.11.08

IT park site getting ready

Staff Reporter

Levelling work starts on 147 acres at Navalpattu; tenders to be invited for roads

TIRUCHI: Nearly eight months after its notification as a Special Economic Zone (SEZ), the Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu (ELCOT) has commenced levelling work on the alienated site of 147 acres (of which 123 acres is SEZ) at Navalpattu for establishing the IT Park.

After the process of levelling and fencing is completed, the next step will be to hand over 10 acres each to Sutherland Global Services and Cognizant Technology Solutions, the first phase allottees.

Simultaneously, tenders will be invited for the laying of internal roads and creation of amenities under public-private partnership mode. During this week, the Government would decide on the allotment to be made to applicants in the second phase, official sources said.

The ELCOT has decided to construct an administrative-cum-IT incubation building at the site within six to nine months. The structure with a 50,000 feet builtup space will house the Customs unit and serve as the incubation facility for companies keen on commencing their operations before creating their own building infrastructure.

Private companies are likely to take up to two years for operating from their own facilities from the time of handing over the layout.

ELCOT sources said that the slowdown in the IT sector was not likely to have an impact on the expansion plans of the companies since tier-II cities were seen as the ideal destinations where operational costs could be reduced by 30 to 40 per cent. Tiruchi ranks top among tier-II destinations on the fronts of its advantageous location, human resource availability and physical connectivity.

The ELCOT, it is learnt, is pinning hopes on the district administration for relaying the 120-feet-road that links the IT Park with the Tiruchi-Pudukottai Highway, and is also confident that the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board, which has been provided five acres to establish a sub-station, will complete its task simultaneously.
    CommentQuote
  • India is a nation of traders and speculators :)

I know a lot of people are going to beat me up on this posting. But I want to take a sensitive topic and talk about it dispassionately.

Some time ago. Mysore had a great future as a Tier-2 city. Just 3 hours from Bangalore, seat of the erstwhile Mysore kingdom, rich heritage, good colleges, laid-back life, less cheating, more honesty, low & steady prices, low traffic, polution. Like any other small Indian city. Good life!

Then Infy went and pu up a large training center (can't blame Infy). And then some people decided this is going to be the boom city after Bangalore because IT is going to go to Mysore big time!!!

Things got so crazy that there was no planning, land shot up practically overnight many times over and people were trading land as though Mysore had already become a boom city.

And then what happened? Nothing!

Today, there are loads of people who bought land for 1000 / SFt which was, only 4-5 years ago at 10-20 rupees. As far as I can see, with this downturn, I doubt if Mysore will ever become what people had already assumed!

Why all this talk? Because, I do not want to see Trichy also become like this - I know that it would not because Trichy already has a booming economy. But hopefully, if this SEZ comes up during the downturn, hopefully the prices will be kept under control, rules brought in to ensure first-time buyers cannot sell for first 5 years, etc, so that speculation and trading will not kill a possible success story until it actually becomes a success story.

Hopefully Trichy will escape the fate of Mysore. When will we Indians start learning that TINSTAAFL (There is no such thing as a free lunch). Build something of value and it will pay back for a long time. Speculate and make windfall gains and you will only see it come back to bite you when you least expect it.

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Hope Moorthy is not trying to develop & market plots around this area? Why join the forum to post the photo? Beware if anyone wants to invest there now.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman

Some time ago. Mysore had a great future as a Tier-2 city. Just 3 hours from Bangalore, seat of the erstwhile Mysore kingdom, rich heritage, good colleges, laid-back life, less cheating, more honesty, low & steady prices, low traffic, polution. Like any other small Indian city. Good life!

Why all this talk? Because, I do not want to see Trichy also become like this - I know that it would not because Trichy already has a booming economy. But hopefully, if this SEZ comes up during the downturn, hopefully the prices will be kept under control, rules brought in to ensure first-time buyers cannot sell for first 5 years, etc, so that speculation and trading will not kill a possible success story until it actually becomes a success story.

cheers

Now people there is no mans land. Nor they can sell nor they can keep the land. Same thing happened with one of my friend.

I wish there should be one more law stating that the owner need to build a house with in 3-5 yrs. No more land conversion just sake of Investment....
    CommentQuote
  • Tamilnadu govt should have developed Tier 2 cities for IT parks some 3 or 4 years ago. Now it is too late.

Except Coimbatore, all tier 2 towns of TN will see no or less IT development for another 3 years atleast.

Do not invest in real estate of these towns hoping IT development
    CommentQuote
  • hi ,
    SEZ will mean development becz it has a tax holiday and no indian ever paid tax voluntarily
    CommentQuote
  • No more SEZ or Land Conversion. Else you will die without Food in your stomach but with lots of money in hand.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by marketbuzz
    dude. Can the govt keep on going to build IT parks/ SEZs ??

Where are so many companies which will set up there ??

IT office spaces are vacant in NCR region. how many companes will go to trichy ??

Dear friend,

Not many companies will come to Trichy SEZ. I gather that some 2 years or so back the land in this area were go abegging even for less than Rs. 30000 per ground of 2400 sq. ft and there were no takers. RE people used to offer on interest free instalment of Rs. 1000 per month for the next 30 months or so and still there were no takers. Once the talk of SEZ site identification news came, the prices shot up to 10 times. I am sure this IT park may not take off in the near future and any one investing today may have to wait for decades for any worth appreciation. A lot of politicians from TN both from the ruling party and the opposition parties alike have invested here and bought tens & hundreds of acres of land here waiting for fast appreciation and quick buck, afterall these are out of their BM (black money) under benami names/deals.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Tiruchi to become IT ‘growth model’

Tiruchi is poised to serve as a model for IT growth in tier-II cities in Tamil Nadu, according to Minister for Information Technology Poongothai Aladi Aruna.

Tamil Nadu has pioneered the initiative to showcase the potential for accelerating IT development in tier-II cities. The Empower IT conclave at CARE School of Engineering on December 4 involving participation of over 10,000 from 106 professional and arts and science colleges in eight central districts will project Tiruchi as a potential investment location to front-ranking IT companies, Ms. Poongothai said addressing a press conference on Tuesday.

Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi has envisaged Empower IT as a forum to sensitise the student community to the requirements of IT industry with the larger objective of expediting economic growth in the State, Ms. Poongothai said. The event will be graced by Member of Parliament Kanimozhi, Ministers K.N. Nehru and N. Selvaraj, Secretary of IT Department P.W.C. Davidar, and CEOs of IT/ITES industry, she said.

To a query on the progress of works at the Tiruchi IT Park in Navalpattu, the Minister said the internal infrastructure works would be completed in three months. Construction of the 50,000 sq feet building would be completed in ten months.

According to Santhosh Babu, Managing Director of ELCOT which is organising the event in association with NASSCOM, Empower IT will showcase the quality of human resources in the region to the 50 participating IT companies. Chief Executive Officers of various IT companies are expected to address the students. Prize-winners of various competitions held on November 29 in 10 nodal colleges would be honoured at the conclave, he said. Along with Collector T. Soundiah, Vice-Chancellor of Bharathidasan University M. Ponnavaikko, Mr. Babu, and NASSCOM Regional Director K. Purushothaman, the Minister earlier chaired a preparatory meeting attended by principals of engineering and arts and science colleges. Chairman of the host institution K.N. Ramajayam also took part.

http://navalpattu.in/
    CommentQuote
  • Hello guys, I just went to see Morais city in Trichy, about 1.5 kms from trichy airport in KK Nagar. They are quoting 650/sq.ft. I want to know if its worth the price or has anyone bought plots there.
    CommentQuote